Talon Grips

This forum should be used to review other non firearm items such as flashlights, lasers and other sights, holsters, etc.

Re: Talon Grips

Postby dewittdj » Sun 02 Feb 2014 5:50 pm

RoccoRacer wrote:Cut a bicycle inner tube up. I put one over my homemade grip reduction gen 3 G19

Wet the grip with hairspray first and then slide the tube up and over the grip. The wet hairspray acts as a lube for slipping the tube in place. When the hairspray dries, the grip is stuck in place.
:wink:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby RoccoRacer » Sun 02 Feb 2014 5:58 pm

dewittdj wrote:
RoccoRacer wrote:Cut a bicycle inner tube up. I put one over my homemade grip reduction gen 3 G19

Wet the grip with hairspray first and then slide the tube up and over the grip. The wet hairspray acts as a lube for slipping the tube in place. When the hairspray dries, the grip is stuck in place.
:wink:
sweet tip. I think I'll have to do a redesign of my tube cut.
Ben
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mohandas Gandhi
RoccoRacer
Sharp Shooter

Postby dewittdj » Sun 02 Feb 2014 7:57 pm

The reference to the bike inner tube brought back the method that we used for putting new rubber grips on mountain bikes.
1. Spray the bar and inside the grip with hairspray. Any old cheap brand would do.
2. Slip the tip of the nozzle of the air compressor in the drain hole of the grip.
3. Place the opening of the grip against the handle bar end.
4. While holding the grip, use the foot pedal to release air from the compressor into the grip.
5. The grip would balloon slightly allowing you to slip it on down the bar and the hair spray acted as a lubricant.
6. The hairspray would dry and act as a cement. The hairspray that we were using worked so good that we had to cut the old grips off.

You could do the whole process in less time than it takes to read the above instructions.

With some ingenuity, it might be possible to engineer something similar with bike inner tubes.
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Snurd » Sun 15 Jun 2014 7:46 am

I thought I would update this a bit. I recently put some Talon Grips on the 9mm Shield. Being a smaller gun, it can be a little more difficult to keep the groups together. They like to spread out a bit. The grip on the Shield is also relatively smooth compared to other grips, so that may play a small part. After placing the Talon's on there, we took it to the range for some shooting. We were able to keep the groups smaller, and the rubber grip gave us more control over the little fella.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402843544.398958.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402843544.398958.jpg (158.35 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
Snurd
Posse

Postby Utah_patriot » Sun 15 Jun 2014 12:49 pm

Looking good

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Zachary
801-448-7574
Utah_patriot
Sharp Shooter