Utah Guns Forum banner

Forum back up

8K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Ruminus 
#1 ·
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience of the forum being down, but it is now back up and running.

Even after getting things restored to an operational state, I'm still not sure why the forum started returning "403 Forbidden" errors.

At any rate, it all appears to be working correctly now.

#4 ·
Thanks so much for your effort!

#7 ·
I was about to check into rehab. Without my fix of UCC I was going through withdrawals! :nilly:

Thanks, Jeff, for working hard to get the site back up and running. As an ex-web admin I know how much hair pulling it can take along with a peppering--and sometimes a slew--of well chosen cuss words along the way. :type:

#10 ·
I was beginning to think that Google along with the NSA was keeping us all from our daily fix. Who knows, that may still be true? Regardless, thank you Jeff for working to get us back up and running! :dancing:

#11 ·
I FREAKED!
I was sure that either I or my ISP had been blackballed by your site.
I contacted your host, GoDaddy.com, and talked to one of their customer reps. She had the same problem as I/we were having and told me that you were obviously having a software problem.
Unfortunately all edresses published for admins of these forums go through utahconcealedcarry.com and my email message was bounced back to me.

Having once been the software person responsible for a phpBB based forum (Second Amendment March) I'm well aware of what kind of disaster you could have faced. Especially if backups of the forums isn't done on a regular basis.

I do have a question for the admin. if he would PM me.

#13 ·
AlanM said:
I FREAKED!
I was sure that either I or my ISP had been blackballed by your site.
I contacted your host, GoDaddy.com, and talked to one of their customer reps. She had the same problem as I/we were having and told me that you were obviously having a software problem.
Unfortunately all edresses published for admins of these forums go through utahconcealedcarry.com and my email message was bounced back to me.

Having once been the software person responsible for a phpBB based forum (Second Amendment March) I'm well aware of what kind of disaster you could have faced. Especially if backups of the forums isn't done on a regular basis.

I do have a question for the admin. if he would PM me.
I actually obtained Paul's email address through other means and emailed him the first night after the site had been down all day.

#14 ·
YOU RUINED MY INDEPENDENCE DAY. I SAT HERE ALL DAY HITTING F5 AND I GOT NOTHING1!!1!1111!

Seriously though, thanks for the hard work!

Matt

#15 ·
I am still "twitchy" from the need of my fix. Thanks for getting the site back up and running!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.