Utah Guns Forum banner

Donations 2014

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul 
#1 ·
I noticed today that there was a lack of ability to access the donating members forum, and also that my name had changed color. It looks like the year has ended for last years donation. I PM'd Paul and he said he's been busy with work, and when he gets some time he will set up a way for us to donate to keep the forum running.

I for one am very grateful for this forum and all of the knowledge that can be gleaned from it. There are oodles of members that make this forum awesome to visit every day, or I guess for some of us, every hour, or minute. :lol2:

I am also grateful for Paul. He is the one that bought UCC from the original owner when he was selling it. Paul has done a great job keeping the forum up and running well. I am a fan of ad free sites, and this is probably the only one, or possibly one of only a handful of ad free sites. I know this is Paul's site and he can put up ads as he wishes, but I am glad it's still the way it is. I believe donating to the forum is the best way we can keep this site ad free. Keeping it family friendly has also been awesome.

So for those who wish to donate to help the forum going, please either post here or PM Paul so that he can see it.

Thanks to all that have donated in the past, and who will donate in the future. This is a fun place to be.

See less See more
#2 ·
For those who want to donate simply mail a check to:
My Favorite Gun Store
44 N 200 W Suite 3
Richmond, UT 84333
Make the check payable to "My Favorite Gun Store"
Write "UCC Donation" on the memo line so I know what the check is for.
I am glad I have the resources and ability to maintain this site. It's a small way I can give back and help promote my personal beliefs and fight for something I feel very strongly about. Many of you members are an inspiration to me.
I have been banned from Paypal for life due to selling guns LOL. Google Pay Now disappeared. So about the only way you can help is via check. I could run a credit card via Square, but it's only a matter of time until they catch up with me too. LOL. So if you want to pay by Visa, email me with a phone number to call you on and I'll contact you and run it that way.
Please be patient with me. I don't have the time I used to, so if it takes me some time to get back with you, or flag you as a donating member, just hang tight. I'll get to it eventually. I promise. I just have a lot on my plate.
Thanks to Snurd for bringing this up. I hope nobody feels like they need to donate. I really don't like asking for donations and I probably wouldn't have even brought it up. Frankly donations aren't needed. However they are very, very much appreciated. This site is NOT expensive to maintain and I'm happy to pay for it out of my own pocket. So please don't feel like you are expected to donate. However if you want to donate, any amount is appreciated. And for those who have donated in the past, thank you. You help is noticed and appreciated by many.

#5 ·
bitcoin works LOL. I know a guy that is big into bitcoin and he has a couple places that instantly change it into currency for a couple percent.
Google Wallet does NOT have an option for businesses. Wish it did as I would accept it in a heartbeat.

#6 ·
Paul said:
bitcoin works LOL. I know a guy that is big into bitcoin and he has a couple places that instantly change it into currency for a couple percent.
Google Wallet does NOT have an option for businesses. Wish it did as I would accept it in a heartbeat.
You could always set it up as a personal account using your gun store gmail account. Maybe get a different checking account so you could keep it separate from your personal stuff. Then just use that as your business payment system online. It's always nice to save the 3% or so on each transaction.

#8 ·
Paul, while it's not as cheap as Square, the company I work for has a sister company called PDC4U that also offers a card swipe (for those interested) and they're perfectly fine with FFL-related transactions. So long as it's legal, they don't mind making it happen!

If you want, contact Travis Hodges at travis@pdc4u.com directly. He's their sales guy.

#9 ·
UtahJarhead said:
Paul, while it's not as cheap as Square, the company I work for has a sister company called PDC4U that also offers a card swipe (for those interested) and they're perfectly fine with FFL-related transactions. So long as it's legal, they don't mind making it happen!

If you want, contact Travis Hodges at travis@pdc4u.com directly. He's their sales guy.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when Square catches up to me :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.