Site went down again today...

Any board related changes or announcements can be found here.

Site went down again today...

Postby bane » Wed 07 May 2008 3:30 pm

I noticed the site went down again today... and for a good while too, so I'm assuming this was noticed by the Posse but maybe not... I first noticed it went down around 1525hrs and first noticed it back up about 30-45 min. later.
"Men cannot be enslaved politically until they have been disarmed ideologically. When they are so disarmed, it is the victims who take the lead in the process of their own destruction." -- Ayn Rand, Russian-American Philosopher (1905-1982).
bane
Sniper

Re: Site went down again today...

Postby GeneticsDave » Wed 07 May 2008 3:58 pm

I have brought this to the Mods/Admins attention. We will be keeping a log of downtime. When you notice the site is down, record the time and then also when it comes back up. Then get on and private message me - I will add it to our log.

Thanks!
GeneticsDave
Sniper

Postby Mazellan » Wed 07 May 2008 7:18 pm

bane wrote:I noticed the site went down again today... and for a good while too, so I'm assuming this was noticed by the Posse but maybe not... I first noticed it went down around 1525hrs and first noticed it back up about 30-45 min. later.

Dumb question, Does posse member = (something like moderator)?
Mazellan
Expert Marksman

Postby bane » Wed 07 May 2008 8:03 pm

Mazellan wrote:
bane wrote:I noticed the site went down again today... and for a good while too, so I'm assuming this was noticed by the Posse but maybe not... I first noticed it went down around 1525hrs and first noticed it back up about 30-45 min. later.

Dumb question, Does posse member = (something like moderator)?

BINGO!

Dave: Of course I have no problem PM'ing you if I notice this again... but I'm curious why a manual log needs to be kept... your server should be keeping a log automatically by default I would think... ????
"Men cannot be enslaved politically until they have been disarmed ideologically. When they are so disarmed, it is the victims who take the lead in the process of their own destruction." -- Ayn Rand, Russian-American Philosopher (1905-1982).
bane
Sniper

Postby GeneticsDave » Wed 07 May 2008 8:24 pm

I just noticed that Thomas wanted to know times. I thought it would be easier to have it in a central place where the Admins and Posse (mods) can see it rather than starting a new thread each time it goes down. Hopefully people can just email or PM a mod and then we can record it.

I would hope that the server records something like this, but I honestly don't have any information about that - not an Admin and don't have login rights to the hosting company.

Thanks for sharing your observation though, I was the only mod online trying to access the site while it was down - so I didn't have anyone else to confirm the down time until you responded.
GeneticsDave
Sniper

Postby Jason » Sun 11 May 2008 10:44 am

This site is a great place to track down time.
I use it for my hositng site and it has been great.

http://host-tracker.com
Jason
Novice

Return to Site Announcements