Ladies Only Subforum - POLL

Any board related changes or announcements can be found here.

Which option do you like best for a ladies only forum? (Only Ladies can vote please)

Poll ended at Sun 10 Aug 2008 8:48 am

Truly Ladies Only. Men can not even so much as see the posts or respones!
11%
I don't mind if the men see what we are posting as long as they don't post!
67%
I don't mind if the men see what we are posting and I don't care if they post in our forum!
22%

Total votes : 9

Ladies Only Subforum - POLL

Postby Paul » Fri 11 Jul 2008 8:48 am

We would appreciate it if ONLY the ladies would vote in this poll as we are really trying to model this after what they want! Thanks.
-Paul
http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com
http://www.cachevalleycabinetsandtops.com
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Utah Hunters Education Instructor
NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor and RSO
Front Sight President (ask me about memberships)
Paul
Forum Owner

Re: Ladies Only Subforum - POLL

Postby ian husford » Fri 11 Jul 2008 8:51 am

I didn't vote as per your request but, playing the devil's advocate, can the guys have a guys only forum? :twisted:

ian
The First and Second Amendments are so intertwined that that we can not have one without the other. And if there comes a time when we lose both, the United States will cease as we know it.
ian husford
Sniper

Postby Paul » Fri 11 Jul 2008 11:54 am

ian husford wrote:I didn't vote as per your request but, playing the devil's advocate, can the guys have a guys only forum? :twisted:

ian

No. Why would anyone have any reason to cater to the needs of a bunch of crazy gun-clinging men? It's more women we need around here. :wink:
-Paul
http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com
http://www.cachevalleycabinetsandtops.com
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Utah Hunters Education Instructor
NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor and RSO
Front Sight President (ask me about memberships)
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby GeneticsDave » Fri 11 Jul 2008 3:04 pm

PW wrote:
ian husford wrote:I didn't vote as per your request but, playing the devil's advocate, can the guys have a guys only forum? :twisted:

ian

No. Why would anyone have any reason to cater to the needs of a bunch of crazy gun-clinging men? It's more women we need around here. :wink:

+1 :agree:
We have enough dudes here... we need to offer the ladies a little incentive to post more :lol2:
GeneticsDave
Sniper

Postby MountainManXD » Fri 11 Jul 2008 3:26 pm

GeneticsDave wrote:We have enough dudes here... we need to offer the ladies a little incentive to post more :lol2:

My wife's incentive to post is to pass up my post total. :nilly: I guess we will see who becomes a marksman first. current count is 41.
MountainManXD
Novice

Postby usSiR » Fri 11 Jul 2008 7:37 pm

ian

yup X2
usSiR
Marksman

Postby Eddie_XD » Sat 12 Jul 2008 9:19 am

Like Dave said we got a lot of guys posting left and right but we could use ...how do I put this ..."a delicate touch of a lady's hand". Anyway let them have some fun without guys messing with it.
Eddie_XD
Marksman

Postby bane » Sat 12 Jul 2008 11:58 am

I agree -- us guys have the ENTIRE forum, in a way. Personally I don't want to sit online a b&m about "guy only" problems! :P

My wife thought the women's only forum might be a good idea but she's still thinking about the options before she casts a vote. I think she's leaning towards a totally closed system, though.

I also have to say that she's expressed that she might not use a women's only forum -- that she's not really the "forum" type... I wonder if most females don't feel similar -- perhaps rather than a forum, an email-list thing might work better for them???
"Men cannot be enslaved politically until they have been disarmed ideologically. When they are so disarmed, it is the victims who take the lead in the process of their own destruction." -- Ayn Rand, Russian-American Philosopher (1905-1982).
bane
Sniper

Postby emmaishappy » Sat 12 Jul 2008 4:01 pm

MountainManXD wrote:My wife's incentive to post is to pass up my post total. :nilly: I guess we will see who becomes a marksman first. current count is 41.

Totally not true... I just have more to say!

Women's forum!!!! YES! I need girl talk!
emmaishappy
Novice

Postby Jeff Johnson » Sat 12 Jul 2008 4:50 pm

Ask and you shall receive. Check out the new Ladies Only forum.
Enjoy it ladies!
NOTE: Menfolk are not welcome to post there.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

Postby The Armed Female » Sun 13 Jul 2008 9:04 am

bane wrote:I also have to say that she's expressed that she might not use a women's only forum -- that she's not really the "forum" type... I wonder if most females don't feel similar -- perhaps rather than a forum, an email-list thing might work better for them???

Bane,

Tell her to check it out...I know she doesn't want to be on the computer too much, but it doesn't hurt for her to read what we are talking about.

TriciaDodge

P.S. Tell her I said hello! :D
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”
― Mark Twain

For ladies training information visit us at www.thearmedfemale.com
The Armed Female
Sniper

Postby gr8grandma » Sun 13 Jul 2008 6:34 pm

Is this a bit sexist?? WOW, at my age I usually have to pay for this special treatment. Thanks guys for acknowledging that we can learn from you but have needs and desires that you will never understand.. like velcro on holsters and nylons don't mix very well. :nilly:

PS I love my husband and he didn't pay me to say that.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
-- Col. Jeff Cooper
gr8grandma
Novice

Postby packingmama » Mon 14 Jul 2008 12:52 pm

thanks Jeff for setting up the ladies only. And Bane tell your wife hello as well.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
packingmama
Marksman

Postby Udink » Mon 14 Jul 2008 3:38 pm

Jeff Johnson wrote:NOTE: Menfolk are not welcome to post there.

In that case, is there any way I can hide this subforum from my view? I don't browse the forums by subforum, but rather I just click the "View new posts" link at the top of the main page and it shows me everything new since my last visit. I'd prefer not to see topics that I'm not welcome to post in. :raisedbrow:
Udink
Novice

Postby GeneticsDave » Mon 14 Jul 2008 4:29 pm

Udink wrote:
Jeff Johnson wrote:NOTE: Menfolk are not welcome to post there.

In that case, is there any way I can hide this subforum from my view? I don't browse the forums by subforum, but rather I just click the "View new posts" link at the top of the main page and it shows me everything new since my last visit. I'd prefer not to see topics that I'm not welcome to post in. :raisedbrow:

Not unless we hide the forum from all male members (requiring the females to be part of a special member group that gives them access alone). You can read right below the topic title and it will say which subforum the topic is in, so if you see Ladies Only, you can just ignore it...
GeneticsDave
Sniper

Next

Return to Site Announcements