Utah Guns Forum banner

UGE fun shoot...

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Korben88 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone us planning on going to yhe UGE event at wasatch wing and clay tomorrow.

#3 ·
Just thought I'd post an aar...

Nick did a great job with this event. The food was yummy, the people were great and we all had a ton of fun.
There weren't as many people as I had expected 150-200 from my rough guesstimate, but I made some new friends, saw a few old ones and had some excellent conversation.

There were a few vendors present and they raffled off some pretty nice stuff (still miffed I didn't win one of the two shotguns). And the venue is awesome. If you haven't been out to the Wasatch wing and clay I suggest you do. It's a bit pricey if you want to hunt birds, but seems like it would be well worth it. I plan on going back for a day of guided hunting.

All in all, despite my bruised shoulder, I'm glad I made the trip down and I can't wait for the next one.

#4 ·
I'm going to relate what my brother told me. He went with his 2 boys and his daughter.
I was not there.

According to him, they had a (free) guided pheasant hunt that his kids took part in. The idea was that each guide (volunteer) with a dog flushes for 2 shooters. Each shooter takes turns, getting 2 shots per bird. If you miss and it gets away, oh well, there are plenty more. The boys were fine, but my niece, 9 years old, was extremely frustrated because every time she would shoot at a bird, the other guy, (25 years old!) would then shoot it if she missed. She never got a 2nd shot at a bird.

What kind of jerk ruins the fun for a little girl in this manner? If any of you fine folks know who that (expletive) was, please, please! have him read this so he can know how he had a little girl near tears, and completely destroyed her first ever hunt.
Said (expletive) also moaned and whined about having to carry his own gun (THE HORROR! :nilly: ) until my sister in law asked him if he wanted her to carry it for him - the guide began to laugh out loud.

What REALLY upset my niece, is she wanted to bag a rooster so she could have one of those neat fantails she sees so often. But no, Jerkimo had to make sure *he* shot them all. To make matters worse, even though WW&C offered to clean the birds for a mere $2 a bird, (which would have saved the tails) he declined and said he was going to have his wife clean them. My niece, already upset she never had a chance at shooting one, was very disappointed at hearing he was going to waste the tails in this manner. He showed his true colors when he offered her a feather...... :disgusted:

I would dearly love this utterly insensitive jerk to read this so he knows how completely stupid, immature, selfish and boorish his behavior was, not only to my brother and his wife, and their 9 year old daughter, but to all those who were witness. He ruined what could have been a beautiful experience for a 9 year old girl. Hope you feel proud of those birds you stole from a child on her very first hunt.

It was an extremely negative experience for my niece, unfortunately. The boys had a great time, though!

#5 ·
Take her to a local gun club that has trap and skeet. Take her often. Then next time she'll be keeping all the birds.

That sucks she had a bad time because of some jerk. It's people like him that ruin a great sport for others. Sounds like he needs to adjust his attitude.

If there is another one of these events, I'll be her shooting buddy and leave my shotgun at home.

(Sent from iSnurd)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.