List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

This is an area to discuss general issues regarding firearms.

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby fredgoodsell » Sat 25 Apr 2009 12:12 pm

lmj301 wrote:for those in Vernal UT.

located on 500 N west of Vernal Ave by about 5 miles
the Buckskin outdoor range is open 24hours a day and is free. there are several 25m pistol ranges, a 50m range and 100m range. For long distance there is 600m and 1000m ranges as well as a SASS range(you have to be a member for the SASS range) the 600m and 1000m ranges have metal prairie dogs, coyote, elk, deer and bear at varous unknown distances. for the pistol ranges and 50m, and 100m ranges bring your own target. the 50m, 100m, and long distance ranges have covered shooting benches.

very impressive facility for a free city/county range.

I saw this when I was out in Vernal about a month ago. I live there from May - Aug/Sep. Very excited to have something like this out there to use when I'm not working, looks like a great facility. There are dirt berms there with "passages" them. Are there more pistol ranges in there?

-Matt
fredgoodsell
Novice

Postby lmj301 » Tue 28 Apr 2009 10:58 am

fredgoodsell wrote:
lmj301 wrote:for those in Vernal UT.

located on 500 N west of Vernal Ave by about 5 miles
the Buckskin outdoor range is open 24hours a day and is free. there are several 25m pistol ranges, a 50m range and 100m range. For long distance there is 600m and 1000m ranges as well as a SASS range(you have to be a member for the SASS range) the 600m and 1000m ranges have metal prairie dogs, coyote, elk, deer and bear at varous unknown distances. for the pistol ranges and 50m, and 100m ranges bring your own target. the 50m, 100m, and long distance ranges have covered shooting benches.

very impressive facility for a free city/county range.

I saw this when I was out in Vernal about a month ago. I live there from May - Aug/Sep. Very excited to have something like this out there to use when I'm not working, looks like a great facility. There are dirt berms there with "passages" them. Are there more pistol ranges in there?

-Matt

I don't know, i think it is supposed to be a "combat" range of a few bays to simulate clearing a building but out of dirt. I have been too lazy to get out of my car to check.
lmj301
Sharp Shooter

Postby Ruger Collector » Tue 16 Jun 2009 3:17 pm

Updated Morgan range listing.

Thanks Murph for sending me a PM with the updated information! PMs are still the best way to get updates to me since they send out an email notification, a post might go unnoticed for weeks since I haven't have the free time to keep up with UCC lately. :(
If we fail to accomplish firearm safety by education, we increase the risk of draconian legislation.

NRA Life Member/RSO/Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection & Ut-CFP Instructor.
Recommended reading: Utah Gun Law
Ruger Collector
Sniper

Postby dashwort » Thu 30 Jul 2009 11:58 am

Hey guys. Any update on the Hill Rod and Gun Club? I can only get their voicemail. Do you have to be a member to shoot there?
dashwort

Postby dashwort » Thu 30 Jul 2009 2:45 pm

dashwort wrote:Hey guys. Any update on the Hill Rod and Gun Club? I can only get their voicemail. Do you have to be a member to shoot there?

I'll try to answer my own question. I headed up to Hill this afternoon and tried to get in, (yeah, I'm just a lowly civilian). After a passing through a few people, they basically informed me that I need to get "sponsored" to get into the club. I'll have to talk to a few of my neighbors that work up on base and see if they will be willing to sponsor me in so I can sign up with the club. The phone number for the place is valid.
dashwort

Postby GeorgeHill » Thu 03 Sep 2009 10:56 pm

The Buckskin Hills Shooting Complex:
To get to the range from Vernal, Utah: Travel north on Vernal Avenue. Turn East on 500 North. Follow 500 North past all the residential housing, past farm fields, past the Ashley Creek, past more farm fields, up a hill and bear left past the Vernal City Dump and travel about a mile and a quarter till you hit the Buckskin Hill Shooting Complex on the Left.
The Ogre from MadOgre.com.
Director of Training for Crusader Weaponry.
GeorgeHill
Novice

Postby LandonJ » Fri 16 Oct 2009 1:00 pm

For those of you in the southwest part of the state, we have the range in Hurricane as mentioned. The only bad part about it is that it's only open Wed, Fri and Sat from 11-3. If you'd like to go but are unable to go during those times, I can get you in. I'm an RSO there, so you'd have to pay the $5.00, comply with all the range safety rules and sign the form, but it'd be a good opportunity for you to bring out novice shooters and let me help you train them so that they can feel comfortable with a firearm. We also have guns that you can rent for a small fee, just bring the ammo. :wink:

LandonJ
Novice

Postby GreenStreet » Mon 01 Mar 2010 1:34 pm

Tooele Updates since the OP information doesn't show these;

Tooele Gun Club = http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2763

Future Shooting Range in Tooele by Desert Peak and Miller Sports Racetrack. = http://tooeletranscript.com/view/full_story/5531661/article-Commissioners-hold-their-fire-on-shooting-range?instance=home_news_bullets
NRA Lifetime Member
GreenStreet
Marksman

Postby Ruger Collector » Mon 01 Mar 2010 4:18 pm

GreenStreet wrote:Tooele Updates since the OP information doesn't show these;

Tooele Gun Club = http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2763

Future Shooting Range in Tooele by Desert Peak and Miller Sports Racetrack. = http://tooeletranscript.com/view/full_story/5531661/article-Commissioners-hold-their-fire-on-shooting-range?instance=home_news_bullets

Thanks!
Ruger Collector
Sniper

Postby B52U » Wed 17 Mar 2010 12:17 pm

I just wanted to post a message of praise to the Wasatch shooters range in Kaysville. Well run range and very friendly staff. Safe but not Tyrannical like some ranges. I bought my first membership this year.
B52U
Marksman

Postby GreenStreet » Tue 30 Mar 2010 1:19 pm

Southern Utah shooting Sports Park Video Enjoy :popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcs5BPOMlBM
NRA Lifetime Member
GreenStreet
Marksman

Postby Ruger Collector » Wed 14 Apr 2010 12:26 pm

New feature thanks to Manlaan.

At the top of the first post is a link to a Google maps listing of these ranges. They may be off slightly, I will be helping to maintain this Google list so keep us advised of any inaccuracies or additional information for them.

Thanks!!!
If we fail to accomplish firearm safety by education, we increase the risk of draconian legislation.

NRA Life Member/RSO/Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection & Ut-CFP Instructor.
Recommended reading: Utah Gun Law
Ruger Collector
Sniper

Postby thezoltar » Thu 02 Dec 2010 3:42 pm

An update to the Heber facility - http://www.bighollowgunrange.com/
thezoltar
Novice

Postby lavadog » Fri 03 Dec 2010 9:22 pm

The 600 yard range at the Centerville Small Arms range is open. I was going to compete in the vintage sniper match that was canceled due to inclement weather, which requires both 300 yard and 600 yard target points. Also, does anyone have any information on the Hendriksen range in Parley's? Anything, really, but mostly wondering about target points and fees. Thanks.
Prior service active duty USMC infantry rifleman, 1st Battalion/3rd Marines "Lava Dogs"
Combat veteran of Operations Enduring and Iraqi Freedom
Third award Rifle Expert, Pistol Expert
lavadog
Novice

Postby FatNakedGuy » Wed 15 Dec 2010 8:29 pm

Didn't see Wahsatch Shooters Association listed - http://www.wahsatchshooters.com

Nice safe outdoor range, membership is $45 a year
FatNakedGuy

PreviousNext

Return to General Firearms