List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

This is an area to discuss general issues regarding firearms.

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby xICEMANx » Thu 02 Jun 2011 4:41 pm

anywhere to shoot in St George? Im heading down there in a couple weeks for a family reunion and we want to go shooting for one of our activites. Ive shot in the desert down there but I'm not familiar with the enough to remember where. I know their is a place to shoot trap down in Hurricane but we are hoping for closer than 30 minutes away.
xICEMANx
Marksman
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu 18 Feb 2010 8:20 am

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby Snoopy » Thu 02 Jun 2011 6:05 pm

I was down in St George back in February with the same challenge. There is always the range in Hurricane ( I think that's where it is) but it's hours are extremely limited. It was the locals who suggested the desert, actually BLM land just across the border. Head south on I-15 and just before the border is the exit to the new airport. There is an exit from this road in what seems like the middle of nowhere but before you turn North to the airport. The road going south turns into a dirt road just across the border. go a couple of miles further to get off school district land and you should be good to go. When in doubt, do some advance recon using google maps, or the map program of your choice.
User avatar
Snoopy
Novice
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 11 Jun 2008 8:33 am
Location: North Salt Lake

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby buraianto » Wed 27 Jul 2011 10:52 am

Get Some Guns & Ammo has had their grand opening for their Orem store and gun range. I've not been inside the range yet, (should later this week) but I've heard from a friend that it's a nice range inside. The salesman told me they allow firing .50 BMG.

"935 North 1200 West on the northeast side of I-15 and 800 north in Orem."
buraianto
Novice
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu 13 Jan 2011 5:44 pm

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby utfoiler » Thu 15 Dec 2011 9:47 am

There is a new range opening in Park City. It is the park city gun club. http://theparkcitygunclub.com/. The opening day is this Saturday. I went to the charter member reception to check it out. It is a very nice range, 2 separate ranges. One is 8 lanes and the other is 4 lanes. Then they have a separate range that had a lasershot video interactive simulation. You could use your handgun with live fire, or use their laser pistol.

The target system is pretty slick. I usually shoot at Impact or Wahasatch range. All you had to do is tell it the distance you want it to go and it would automatically go there. There was no guessing at the range. I did shoot while I was there and the ventilation system was great. The backstop is rated to .50BMG on all lanes and is not loud when shot at. There was a lot of sound proofing on all of the walls.

I suggest everyone should go and check it out for themselves. It is just off of US 40 on the East side.
utfoiler
Novice
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon 29 Nov 2010 9:00 am

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby Tee » Wed 04 Jan 2012 8:05 pm

Doesn't Get Some have a new range in Orem?
Tee
Novice
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed 17 Aug 2011 9:29 pm
Location: Highland, Utah

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby KevinD » Mon 09 Jan 2012 11:34 pm

Tee wrote:Doesn't Get Some have a new range in Orem?

They do. It has good lighting and ventilation.
KevinD
Novice
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon 09 Jan 2012 5:55 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby Tenuki » Thu 02 Feb 2012 11:45 am

Is the Provo Rifle and Pistol Club open during the winter? The website makes it sound as though it is only open April - October.
User avatar
Tenuki
Marksman
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat 24 Sep 2011 6:42 pm
Location: Kaysville, UT

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby Ryan1971 » Thu 10 May 2012 7:03 am

where do i find a list of states that honor our concealed carry rules?

thanks
Ryan1971
Novice
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed 13 Jan 2010 10:35 am

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby Snurd » Thu 10 May 2012 7:07 am

Ryan1971 wrote:where do i find a list of states that honor our concealed carry rules?

thanks

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby NormanXDm » Wed 27 Jun 2012 7:46 pm

utfoiler wrote:There is a new range opening in Park City. It is the park city gun club. http://theparkcitygunclub.com/. The opening day is this Saturday. I went to the charter member reception to check it out. It is a very nice range, 2 separate ranges. One is 8 lanes and the other is 4 lanes. Then they have a separate range that had a lasershot video interactive simulation. You could use your handgun with live fire, or use their laser pistol.

The target system is pretty slick. I usually shoot at Impact or Wahasatch range. All you had to do is tell it the distance you want it to go and it would automatically go there. There was no guessing at the range. I did shoot while I was there and the ventilation system was great. The backstop is rated to .50BMG on all lanes and is not loud when shot at. There was a lot of sound proofing on all of the walls.

I suggest everyone should go and check it out for themselves. It is just off of US 40 on the East side.


We rented the entire facility today for a corporate event (so everything was paid for :thumbsup:) - this place is awesome! On the targeting system besides zipping out to known distances, you can program them to do several different things - turn sideways, then face you and charge, stop turn, etc, etc. The live fire simulator was awesome - a lot of fun. They had a wide range of guns (including a S&W500 and Desert Eagle) to try out. Their range fees are a tad high, but it's very much a top of the line facility - with a friendly, knowledgeable staff.
"Be nice. Everyone you meet is facing a hard battle." - Marjorie P. Hinckley
User avatar
NormanXDm
Sniper
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu 05 Mar 2009 9:43 pm
Location: Farmington

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby dewittdj » Wed 24 Apr 2013 7:23 am

Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot
 
Posts: 5258
Joined: Sat 07 Aug 2010 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby Terrye » Thu 12 Dec 2013 8:47 pm

I was just perusing the web and found a newer shop, The Gun Vault, at 1231 w. South Jordan Pkwy.(10400 S.) South Jordan, UT 84095. Looks like they are opening a new indoor range that sounds fun. I haven't confirmed that the range is open yet, but look forward to giving it a try. If anyone has been there let us know how it is.
Terrye
Novice
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed 11 Dec 2013 7:15 pm

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby D-FIN » Fri 13 Dec 2013 12:06 am

Terrye wrote:I was just perusing the web and found a newer shop, The Gun Vault, at 1231 w. South Jordan Pkwy.(10400 S.) South Jordan, UT 84095. Looks like they are opening a new indoor range that sounds fun. I haven't confirmed that the range is open yet, but look forward to giving it a try. If anyone has been there let us know how it is.


Yes I have been there. It's on Jordan River Prkwy(106th South) and 13th West just east of the Mavrick on the corner. They have been working on the store front and range for a while but they said they hoped to haver the range open this month(Dec 2013). It is very close to my work. My boss dropped in there just the other day and said they were still working on the range so it's not quite there yet. They have a small temporary storefront upstairs that is open for business. Prices seemed pretty competitive.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat 29 Dec 2012 8:39 pm

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby Terrye » Sat 28 Dec 2013 8:38 pm

I was able to drop in to the Gun Vault a week or so ago. The upstairs store has now been moved down to the main level and it is very nice. Their inventory is increasing and there is a lot to see. In asking about the indoor range, they say it will be very nice, including some moving targets. They are quite excited about getting it open. They are hopeful to have it open sometime in January. Be sure to call before you go to use their indoor range to ensure it is complete and open. I am quite excited to give it a try.
Terrye
Novice
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed 11 Dec 2013 7:15 pm

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby gskip33 » Tue 04 Mar 2014 8:17 pm

Reviving this old thread.

Does anyone know of a place to shoot around Lehi? I have some cousins up there that want to go shooting, but we don't know of a good spot in the area.
Whoooooo!
User avatar
gskip33
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu 25 Oct 2012 7:36 pm
Location: Provo

PreviousNext

Return to General Firearms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests