List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

This is an area to discuss general issues regarding firearms.

Re: List of Utah Gun Ranges <-- Where to shoot

Postby climbskirun » Wed 05 Mar 2014 9:56 am

gskip33 wrote:Reviving this old thread.

Does anyone know of a place to shoot around Lehi? I have some cousins up there that want to go shooting, but we don't know of a good spot in the area.

If you have a smartphone, NSSF has a free app called Where To Shoot (on Android, and I assume iPhone too) that can locate a range near you. It can use your current location, specific zip code or state, and distance is customizable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
climbskirun
Novice

Postby nhraquick32 » Tue 01 Jul 2014 3:34 pm

The gun vault in south jordan just opened recently very nice place
nhraquick32
Novice

Postby guthepenguin » Fri 28 Aug 2015 11:48 am

Is the PMAA range up Parley Canyon still open? Their website has been down for a while.

I'm currently in Pleasant Grove, but will be moving closer to SLC for a new job offer. I'm looking for a place nearby to shoot beyond 100 yards.
guthepenguin
Novice

Postby Snurd » Fri 28 Aug 2015 1:34 pm

guthepenguin wrote:Is the PMAA range up Parley Canyon still open? Their website has been down for a while.

I'm currently in Pleasant Grove, but will be moving closer to SLC for a new job offer. I'm looking for a place nearby to shoot beyond 100 yards.

According to their website, they are open right now. There was a fire up there that closed it down for a while. Here is the info from the site:

Website Link

This is under the "About us" page.
PMAA wrote: We had a fire up here last weekend 8/15 and had to close the range down for a few days, the range is now reopen regular business hours. As of now the steel targets from 200-800 yards Will Be closed to all shooting until further notice.

We are also working on a Archery range that will be open as soon as I receive the targets. The plan will be to have targets from 20 - 100 yards, and if things work out having a walk around range also with 3-D targets.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Fri 28 Aug 2015 1:40 pm

guthepenguin wrote:Is the PMAA range up Parley Canyon still open? Their website has been down for a while.

I believe the Lee Kay range also has a 100 yard range. Bountiful Lions Club does, and they also go out to 200 yards if I remember correctly.
Snurd
Posse

Postby guthepenguin » Fri 28 Aug 2015 3:25 pm

Oh, okay. Long Range Shooters of Utah listed the site below as their homepage, which seems to have been shut down.

http://www.saltlakecitygunrange.com/
guthepenguin
Novice

Postby veyec » Wed 20 Jan 2016 8:33 am

You can add this one to the list. I have shot there and it is pretty nice!

http://www.webercountyutah.gov/wcsportshootingcomplex/
Guns? Oh yeah, I have a few!

My name is Vic. Starts with a V and ends with a C. There is an eye in the middle.

http://www.facebook.com/victor.baugh
veyec
Expert Marksman

Postby tinalloyd » Tue 02 May 2017 12:27 am

Thnaks for sharing information.
tinalloyd
Novice

Previous

Return to General Firearms