Glock Trigger Job

Post any gunsmithing services or parts in this forum

Glock Trigger Job

Postby abrian8 » Fri 08 Mar 2013 11:03 am

I have decided I want to do a 3.5 trigger in my Glock 30. Can you buy the connector locally? How about the tool? There are several options on CTD some with springs and some without. What are your thoughts? Or is there a smith in the Layton area and how much would you charge to do it for me?
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.
abrian8
Marksman

Re: Glock Trigger Job

Postby Snurd » Fri 08 Mar 2013 1:12 pm

You can buy connectors locally. The best drop in trigger I have found is the Ghost Inc. drop in. Not a fan of the Scherer brand. It seems to have more of a spongy feeling to the trigger pull.

If you want a really good trigger, get a ghost connector fitted by a gun smith. We have had a couple done by Crusader Weaponry and they are really nice.

(Sent from iSnurd)
Snurd
Posse

Postby UnderratedF00l » Fri 08 Mar 2013 1:33 pm

Call me crazy, but I'm a fan of just the regular stock trigger pulls. That said, my favorite drop-in trigger is the "Skimmer" trigger by Travis Haley and GlockTriggers.com.

It's created from Glock OEM parts (bonus!) and drops the pull to 4.5 lbs, but the best part is that it completely takes out ALL trigger creep. My Glock 19's trigger is very similar to a 1911 now with that "breaks glass" feeling, and I love it.

Unfortunately, it's not available for the .45 acp Glocks yet -- only for 9mm/.40/.357 models.

More here.
I looked up "Ninjas" at Thesaurus.com.

Thesaurus.com: "Ninjas can not be found."

Well played, Ninjas. Well played.
UnderratedF00l
Sniper

Postby UtahCFP » Fri 08 Mar 2013 2:02 pm

abrian8 wrote:I have decided I want to do a 3.5 trigger in my Glock 30. Can you buy the connector locally? How about the tool? There are several options on CTD some with springs and some without. What are your thoughts? Or is there a smith in the Layton area and how much would you charge to do it for me?

The "3.5" lb trigger folks have talked about forever is actually more like 4.5 lb. GLOCK stock is 5.5 lb (except for G34, G35).

It's tough to get the 4.5 "minus connector" from GLOCK, but it looks like Glockmeister has them (http://www.glockmeister.com/45-Pound-St ... info/G721/). Various manufacturers make the minus connector.
Dr. Dave ([email protected])
WAS a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP) Instructor
NOW a Texas License to Carry (LTC) Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Basic Rifle Instructor, Basic Shotgun Instructor, and RSO
NRA Life Member
UtahCFP
Sniper

Postby Utah_patriot » Fri 08 Mar 2013 2:21 pm

I really love my ghost brand 3.5 pound trigger pull best decision I made most stores will put it in if you buy it from them

questions comments problems call anytime 8014487574
Zachary
801-448-7574
Utah_patriot
Sharp Shooter

Postby DKMFan85 » Thu 14 Mar 2013 3:34 pm

I'll echo UnderratedF00l on the Haley Skimmer kit. It's pricey, but I feel it's worth every penny. You can get in in .45, you just have to call them up before you place the order and they will tell you what you need to put in the "special instructions" box when you place your order. They'll just take the .45 trigger components and do the same treatment they do on the lower caliber kits.
DKMFan85
Novice

Return to Gunsmithing