Springs are springy and now....

Post any gunsmithing services or parts in this forum

Springs are springy and now....

Postby ian husford » Fri 22 Mar 2013 3:12 pm

I have lost a small part from my Springfield Armory XD9sc. It is the striker spring guide. I would be surprised that anyone here would just happen to have one but I thought I would try. I probably could contact Springfield directly to see what they say about getting me that part.

This should teach me to be more careful when cleaning guns.

ian
The First and Second Amendments are so intertwined that that we can not have one without the other. And if there comes a time when we lose both, the United States will cease as we know it.
ian husford
Sniper

Re: Springs are springy and now....

Postby MarshallDodge » Sat 23 Mar 2013 7:09 am

Springfield has excellent customer service and will probably just send you one if you call.
Kirk
-Seconds count, misses don't-
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck
MarshallDodge
Sniper

Postby ian husford » Sun 07 Jul 2013 8:52 am

Been away for a while but I had to post this:

I finally received my part from SA, two and a half months from the time I spoke to them. They were great in sending it out for free and I knew it would take about this long since they said it would on their website. But I got the part and took only a couple minutes to install and my XD is back in functioning condition.

Kudos to SA and I do plan to write a letter of thanks to them. Now if we can only get them to move out of Illinois.

ian husford
The First and Second Amendments are so intertwined that that we can not have one without the other. And if there comes a time when we lose both, the United States will cease as we know it.
ian husford
Sniper

Postby JoeSparky » Sun 07 Jul 2013 5:01 pm

ian husford wrote:Kudos to SA and I do plan to write a letter of thanks to them. Now if we can only get them to move out of Illinois.

ian husford

Did you want them to go someplace gun friendly like COLORADO or WASHINGTON, DC?
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Return to Gunsmithing