Page 1 of 1

SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2010 7:00 pm
by Crusader Smithy
SlipStream Treatment is here in it’s first form. This treatment incorporates the same ingredient that makes SlipStream so great into a high pressure coating for the working parts your firearm. The ST-1 service consists of coating the bolt/carrier group the charging handle, and the buffer & buffer spring of any AR-15 rifle and costs $50.00 + shipping. Your parts come back to you cleaned, treated and ready for the range. The range is actually the final step in the treatment. A good day at the range will further work the treatment into the metal ensuring it to last the longest. In fact the more rounds the action experiences before cleaning the better.

The ST-2 a more extensive treatment which includes the upper and lover receiver, the trigger group, and the buffer system, will soon be announced along with a pistol treatment. Costs will be announced at that time.

For the ST-1 Treatment contact Joe at [email protected] for shipping address and payment information today.

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2010 10:47 pm
by ranger45
What about a Mini-14 ? I would also be interested in the pistol treatment. Will wait for costs.

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2010 11:11 pm
by Crusader Smithy
ranger45 wrote:What about a Mini-14 ? I would also be interested in the pistol treatment. Will wait for costs.


For a Mini-14 I would suggest the ST-2 so the inside of the receiver is coated as well. That's where you'll see the most improvement. That and the pistol treatment will come very soon. Because of the added disassembly and product usage involved in those services they will cost a little more. I'm still evaluating the extent of that but will post it as soon as I can.

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jan 2010 9:22 am
by Snurd
I remember you saying something about a semi-permanent, or permanent lubrication a while back. Is that what this is?

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jan 2010 2:22 pm
by Crusader Smithy
mqondo wrote:I remember you saying something about a semi-permanent, or permanent lubrication a while back. Is that what this is?


Yes it is.

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jan 2010 6:19 am
by Jarubla
Anything special to consider while cleaning? Any gun cleaning product out there that will harm the finish which should be avoided, etc?

-Jay

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jan 2010 4:49 pm
by Crusader Smithy
Jarubla wrote:Anything special to consider while cleaning? Any gun cleaning product out there that will harm the finish which should be avoided, etc?

-Jay


No. I hosed down my carrier with Tetra action blaster. The excess was washed off but the it's still just as slick even dry.

Here's what George Hill had to say about it last night:

I knew this treatment was going to be good.
I didn't know it was going to be THAT GOOD. Gundoc showed me his pet Stag AR that he had blessed with "The Treatment". Unbelievable. I remembered the gun from the last carbine course, and it was slick. After the treatment, it was a completely different weapon... slick and silent and completely and utterly BONE DRY. I had to open it up and check... not a drop of lube in it... and it was the slickest I've ever felt. This was a transformation you have to feel to believe.
I left Gundoc my own M4 for this treatment.


The only instructions needed with this is to go shoot it. Don't add any oil just shoot it. When you think it's getting too dirty then go ahead and clean it. It's going to take quite a while for it to feel dirty though.

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Mon 01 Feb 2010 9:30 am
by Jarubla
Crusader Smithy wrote:The only instructions needed with this is to go shoot it. Don't add any oil just shoot it. When you think it's getting too dirty then go ahead and clean it. It's going to take quite a while for it to feel dirty though.
interested!

Yowza!

I am interested! I own no AR, but other rifles and handguns. I would be interested in treating all of them. Would you guys treat Rugers, Glocks and Springfields (how about a Garand)?

-Jay

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Mon 01 Feb 2010 10:50 am
by MarshallDodge
What is the estimated life of the treatment in an AR in let's say thousands of rounds?

Re: SlipStream Treatment

PostPosted: Mon 01 Feb 2010 12:03 pm
by Crusader Smithy
Jarubla wrote:
Crusader Smithy wrote:The only instructions needed with this is to go shoot it. Don't add any oil just shoot it. When you think it's getting too dirty then go ahead and clean it. It's going to take quite a while for it to feel dirty though.
interested!

Yowza!

I am interested! I own no AR, but other rifles and handguns. I would be interested in treating all of them. Would you guys treat Rugers, Glocks and Springfields (how about a Garand)?

-Jay


yes to all of the above.
MarshallDodge wrote:What is the estimated life of the treatment in an AR in let's say thousands of rounds?


There really isn't a life span for it. There will always be some of it ingrained in the parts because the Slipstream is the harder substance and will always be just as slick. That's also why I suggest firing the weapon till you just can't stand how dirty it is. The more Slipstream you work into the metal through shooting (without cleaning or other maintenance) the longer the results will stay the same.