My prof FINALLY saw it at Weber St.

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

Re: My prof FINALLY saw it at Weber St.

Postby Photocell » Sun 03 Aug 2014 6:49 pm

It's a private place of business, their policy isn't all bad compared to some we have seen lately. She did her job, you kept armed, got your food, & and discussed whatever college related or unrelated matter intended. You did good. We are not MDA, we try to be polite and should not drag those who don't want a fight into one. Plus I prefer my eggs cooked over easy, not fried and spat on which arguing with a waitress over some topic she doesn't want to discuss because she's 35 minutes shy of her 8 hour shift and just wants to go home, and I wouldn't blame her. In fact I applaud her for being observant asking the question than continuing on. Am I missing something?
Photocell
Marksman

Postby UtahJarhead » Mon 04 Aug 2014 7:27 am

Photocell, that's it exactly! Thank you. :)
DO NOT talk to cops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Postby bumpylight » Mon 04 Aug 2014 8:36 am

Yes, I'm always polite to people who handle my food away from direct line of sight. Who knows what a food handler will do your beef hash or your Eggs Benedict special if you yell and bang the table? It's simple common sense.
bumpylight
Marksman

Postby faydee » Mon 04 Aug 2014 12:09 pm

bumpylight wrote:Yes, I'm always polite to people who handle my food away from direct line of sight. Who knows what a food handler will do your beef hash or your Eggs Benedict special if you yell and bang the table? It's simple common sense.

exactly and don't go out to eat after watching the movie Waiting with Ryan Reynolds and Dane Cook
Using the lessons I've gleaned from Zombie movies, I would recommend you have at least one round of ammunition per person currently living within a 30 mile radius of your location...

III%
faydee
Sniper

Postby rpyne » Mon 18 Aug 2014 1:57 pm

Photocell wrote:It's a private place of business, their policy isn't all bad compared to some we have seen lately.

It is probably their policy based upon UCA
53-5a-103 Discharge of firearm on private property -- Liability.
(1) Except as provided under Subsection (2), a private property owner, who knowingly allows a person who has a permit to carry a concealed firearm under Section 53-5-704 to bring the firearm onto the owner's property, is not civilly or criminally liable for any damage or harm resulting from the discharge of the firearm by the permit holder while on the owner's property.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if the property owner solicits, requests, commands, encourages, or intentionally aids the concealed firearm permit holder in discharging the firearm while on the owner's property.
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech as the 1964 Republican Presidential candidate.
rpyne
Expert Marksman

Postby Uinta Firearms » Mon 18 Aug 2014 8:02 pm

You guys have it too easy. I'm looking foward to my drive to Virginia Wednesday night. Chicagoland blows.

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." -Norman Schwarzkopf
Uinta Firearms
Marksman

Previous

Return to Open Carry