American Fork Cinemark Theater

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

American Fork Cinemark Theater

Postby JoeSparky » Sun 03 Aug 2014 10:40 pm

Hello all,

Just had my first theater based incident related to OC. The Mrs. and I decided to see a late movie this evening and arrived at the AF Cine-mark just a few minutes before the scheduled start time to 10:20. We purchased our tickets, purchased our sodas and popcorn and proceeded into the designated theater for our selected movie.
We were the ONLY 2 in the theater. After a few minutes of previews a "suit" with a Mr. somebody name tag on enters the theater and makes his way toward us on the row in front of us. Once he is about 5 feet away he begins, "do you...." After a pregnant pause of about 5 seconds or so both my wife and I ask "do we have a what?" The he says, "weapon--- we don't allow those here."
I immediately stand up and state that we will be needing full refunds for our refreshments and tickets. He follows us out of the theater. We get the refund for the refreshments and then out to the ticket office for the ticket refunds. After getting the money, I tell the ticket person that my wife and I "have been attending movies at that location for YEARS and have never had a problem before. But Now, we will NOT be back to do business with them."

All done without raised or angry voices or LEO involvement. Now, since I think the wife and I were the ONLY 2 patrons I saw in the theater, I don't know if this was just the managers excuse to send everyone home early after we left or not.

I know that Cinemark Corp. does not like weapons, but was rationalizing that since I had never had an issue I would continue to patronize while OC'ing until I did have an issue.
JoeSparky
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAGR Member
UCC
OCDO

Remember IANAL
Praying that OUR Country can be returned to it's greatness and to it's CONSTITUTION!
JoeSparky
Sniper

Re: American Fork Cinemark Theater

Postby Snurd » Mon 04 Aug 2014 6:43 am

Lame.

I bet they would have left you alone if they knew you drove Bumblebee.
Snurd
Posse

Postby UtahJarhead » Mon 04 Aug 2014 7:29 am

Kudos to you for doing what you think is right!

Megaplex is no longer anti-gun. Just FYI. They used to say no firearms. Now they say something to the effect of "No illegal firearms per <Concealed Firearm Act Statute number>"
DO NOT talk to cops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Postby RustyShackleford » Mon 04 Aug 2014 7:56 am

If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby faydee » Mon 04 Aug 2014 12:01 pm

they like their customers unarmed.... silly
Using the lessons I've gleaned from Zombie movies, I would recommend you have at least one round of ammunition per person currently living within a 30 mile radius of your location...

III%
faydee
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Mon 04 Aug 2014 12:12 pm

I went on Sat to the new West Valley Cinemark to see GOTG. I didn't really look on the door going in but when buying tickets my wife pointed out a "Firearms Prohibited" statement at the very bottom sign standing on their counter. I shrugged, she shrugged and we both walked in with our concealed firearms on our hips. I have been to this theater 3 times recently and 2 of the times they had a police office standing near the ticket booth. Not sure what they are looking for but I was never made by them. :dunno:
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby benh » Tue 05 Aug 2014 6:53 pm

UtahJarhead wrote:Megaplex is no longer anti-gun. Just FYI. They used to say no firearms. Now they say something to the effect of "No illegal firearms per <Concealed Firearm Act Statute number>"

How recent is this? I haven't been to a Megaplex theater for probably a month but I remember that no weapons sign for a long time.
benh
Novice

Postby D-FIN » Tue 05 Aug 2014 9:06 pm

benh wrote:
UtahJarhead wrote:Megaplex is no longer anti-gun. Just FYI. They used to say no firearms. Now they say something to the effect of "No illegal firearms per <Concealed Firearm Act Statute number>"

How recent is this? I haven't been to a Megaplex theater for probably a month but I remember that no weapons sign for a long time.

It's in the fine print :wink:
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby UtahJarhead » Wed 06 Aug 2014 5:17 am

benh wrote:

The past year or so.
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Postby UtahJarhead » Wed 06 Aug 2014 5:18 am

D-FIN wrote:It's in the fine print :wink:

Actually... you're closer than you realize!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17852&p=205385&hilit=megaplex#p205385
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Return to Open Carry