Dispelling the Myths of open Carry

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

Dispelling the Myths of open Carry

Postby DaKnife » Sun 24 May 2015 10:55 am

A great article I found today. Dispelling the myths of Open Carry.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Re: Dispelling the Myths of open Carry

Postby SirGentleman » Sun 24 May 2015 3:28 pm

Nice article. I've gotten much more comfortable with the idea of open carry the more I've looked into it and the few times I've done it. I feel like those instances where the dude gets tackled in Walmart for open carrying (do you know what I'm talking about?) are few and far between. And I feel like the article writer is correct on the "guns can scare the public" thing. Educate them and they won't be so scared. A fellow in my neighborhood who I was talking to went from being concerned about guns to thinking about getting his CFP now that he knows more about it.

Conclusion: guns are awesome. An armed society is a polite society.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams
SirGentleman
Marksman

Postby Car Knocker » Sun 24 May 2015 5:39 pm

SirGentleman wrote:I feel like those instances where the dude gets tackled in Walmart for open carrying (do you know what I'm talking about?) are few and far between.

The guy who was tackled in Walmart was not open carrying. He had his handgun under his coat and the attacker noticed it as Mr. Daniels got out of his car. Foster (the attacker) then followed Mr. Daniels into the store and attacked him. The rest is history.

From one source:
Foster had seen Daniels getting out of his vehicle in the lot with handgun, under his coat and in a holster. Foster followed him into the store and attacked the Daniels, the sheriff's office said.

The report said Foster did not call 911 until he tackled Daniels.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/20 ... /22067325/
Don

-->insert witty and/or inspirational message here<--
Car Knocker
Posse

Postby SirGentleman » Sun 24 May 2015 6:04 pm

Car Knocker wrote:
SirGentleman wrote:I feel like those instances where the dude gets tackled in Walmart for open carrying (do you know what I'm talking about?) are few and far between.

The guy who was tackled in Walmart was not open carrying. He had his handgun under his coat and the attacker noticed it as Mr. Daniels got out of his car. Foster (the attacker) then followed Mr. Daniels into the store and attacked him. The rest is history.

From one source:
Foster had seen Daniels getting out of his vehicle in the lot with handgun, under his coat and in a holster. Foster followed him into the store and attacked the Daniels, the sheriff's office said.

The report said Foster did not call 911 until he tackled Daniels.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/20 ... /22067325/

Ah, I see. Thank you for correcting me. I'm glad that the attacker was taken into custody either way.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams
SirGentleman
Marksman

Return to Open Carry