Security at Rand Paul events?

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

Security at Rand Paul events?

Postby manithree » Fri 28 Aug 2015 10:34 am

I'm going to go Stand with Rand in Orem tomorrow, and I'm just wondering if anybody has any clue what security will be like for a sitting senator running for presidential nomination. My first inclination is to open carry. I'll drive there, so if there is security I could just go back to the car and use the safe.

I didn't think all candidates in the primaries got secret service protection, but I'm not even sure about that, as I don't recall where I got that idea. Anybody else going? Any advice?
It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
http://gunfacts.info/
manithree
Sniper

Re: Security at Rand Paul events?

Postby gravedancer » Fri 28 Aug 2015 12:10 pm

manithree wrote:I'm going to go Stand with Rand in Orem tomorrow, and I'm just wondering if anybody has any clue what security will be like for a sitting senator running for presidential nomination. My first inclination is to open carry. I'll drive there, so if there is security I could just go back to the car and use the safe.

I didn't think all candidates in the primaries got secret service protection, but I'm not even sure about that, as I don't recall where I got that idea. Anybody else going? Any advice?

I would guess there will be secret service protection there, and that your firearm will be decidedly unwelcome.
http://bit.ly/2vHUiug will get you around the auto filtering of the domain on this site
gravedancer
Sniper

Postby CQBMarine » Mon 31 Aug 2015 8:14 am

Probably won't be welcomed but I recently found this while doing a criminal justice class:

In regard to presidential campaign, the Secret Service is authorized by law (18 United States Code § 3056) to protect:

Major presidential and vice presidential candidates and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election. As defined in statute, the term "major presidential and vice presidential candidates" means those individuals identified as such by the Secretary of Homeland Security after consultation with an advisory committee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CQBMarine
'Never above you, Never below you, Always besides you'

NRA Life Member, NRA RSO, NRA Pistol Instructor

USMC 0341/ SGT
2006-2015
(CQB team member, SOTG Breacher, Combat Marksmanship Trainer, Combat Marksmanship Coach, USMC Basic Instructor)
CQBMarine
Marksman

Postby manithree » Mon 31 Aug 2015 9:37 am

The rally was Saturday, and I was concealing for other reasons (which is not normal for me on a Saturday). But there was no security, no signs, no questions.

Good crowd and a good speech, though.
It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
http://gunfacts.info/
manithree
Sniper

Return to Open Carry