OC - Weber County Sheriff Deputies don't bat an eye...

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

OC - Weber County Sheriff Deputies don't bat an eye...

Postby dewittdj » Sun 03 Jul 2016 8:28 pm

I witnessed a traffic accident involving an F150 cutting off a passenger sedan and clipping the left front fender of said car.

I pulled in behind the parties involved and told the driver of the sedan that I saw what had transpired and I would stay to give a written statement if needed.

About 10 minutes later, the Weber County Sheriff patrol arrives and two officers debark the vehicle.

The two drivers gave their account and I gave the officers my account. They asked if I would be willing to give a written statement and I said I would. The two drivers began accessing the minor vehicle damage and decided that they would just as soon take care of the damage themselves instead of involving the insurance companies and wouldn't need to file a complaint alleging the other driver of wrongdoing. I had started the written statement and the officer told me that it wouldn't be needed, that both parties were withdrawing their complaints. Everyone started packing up and getting ready to depart when the driver of the sedan decided he was getting the short end of the stick and changed his mind. The officer reapproached me and handed me the partial statement, asking if I would be willing to complete it. I said I would and started writing where I had left off. The female passenger of the sedan then persuaded the driver to drop the issue and once again the citations were off the board. The officer approached me yet again and said, smiling, "It's off again!" This time, the officers and I stood fast, while awaiting the two drivers to depart and go their separate ways. Once gone, the officers thanked me for being willing to get involved.

Oh... I forgot to mention, the whole time I was open carrying in shorts (jeans) and a green military-style T-shirt and a red boonie-hat that read "Range Officer David" on the front. No one ever mentioned the fact that I was armed.

:thumbsup:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Re: OC - Weber County Sheriff Deputies don't bat an eye...

Postby Snurd » Sun 03 Jul 2016 9:44 pm

They probably just didn't want to get into a heated debate of how many times you need to clean a gun after you shoot it. :lol2:

Great job. :D
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Sun 03 Jul 2016 10:14 pm

:ROFL:
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby morcey2 » Tue 05 Jul 2016 9:51 am

Snurd wrote:They probably just didn't want to get into a heated debate of how many times you need to clean a gun after you shoot it. :lol2:

What is this strange "clean a gun" of which you speak?
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Expert Marksman

Postby Snurd » Tue 05 Jul 2016 10:32 am

morcey2 wrote:
Snurd wrote:They probably just didn't want to get into a heated debate of how many times you need to clean a gun after you shoot it. :lol2:

What is this strange "clean a gun" of which you speak?

That's a good question. I would have to defer to dewittdj for the answer. I have found that he is king of doing such things.
Snurd
Posse

Postby dewittdj » Wed 06 Jul 2016 9:58 am

Cleaning: the process of disassembling, removing carbon, dirt, grease, oil, sand, dust, moisture, and other contaminants that otherwise adversely affects the operation, performance, and/or accuracy of the firearm. Once disassembled, cleaned, inspected for wear and tear and properly lubricated, the firearm is then reassembled and tested to ensure that its cycle of operation is functioning properly.
:wink:
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby morcey2 » Wed 06 Jul 2016 12:13 pm

dewittdj wrote:Cleaning: the process of disassembling, removing carbon, dirt, grease, oil, sand, dust, moisture, and other contaminants that otherwise adversely affects the operation, performance, and/or accuracy of the firearm. Once disassembled, cleaned, inspected for wear and tear and properly lubricated, the firearm is then reassembled and tested to ensure that its cycle of operation is functioning properly.
:wink:

What if the only thing holding the firearm together is the carbon, dirt, grease, oil, sand, dust, moisture, and other contaminants? I've had cars like that.
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
morcey2
Expert Marksman

Postby dewittdj » Wed 06 Jul 2016 1:01 pm

Sounds a lot like a Hi-Point to me!
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Snurd » Wed 06 Jul 2016 5:10 pm

Take what DeWitt said and times it by three. That's his definition of clean. Clean it once, three days in a row.
Snurd
Posse

Postby DaKnife » Fri 08 Jul 2016 4:05 am

After 20 years in the Army, I've determined that clean is when it gets close enough to end of the work day that the armorer is worried about being able to leave on time.
SPOOOOOOON!!!

WARNING: This comment may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm, in every other state it may increase intelligence and knowledge.
DaKnife
Sniper

Postby faydee » Wed 13 Jul 2016 3:52 am

i just toss mine in the dishwasher :D Gock FTW!
Using the lessons I've gleaned from Zombie movies, I would recommend you have at least one round of ammunition per person currently living within a 30 mile radius of your location...

III%
faydee
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Wed 13 Jul 2016 6:23 am

faydee wrote:i just toss mine in the dishwasher :D Gock FTW!

Yours has a CLP cycle? :spit:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Wed 13 Jul 2016 6:30 am

jfwright1955 wrote:
faydee wrote:i just toss mine in the dishwasher :D Gock FTW!

Yours has a CLP cycle? :spit:

I wouldn't doubt that Dewitt's does. :lol2:
Snurd
Posse

Return to Open Carry