10%
Always open
3%
Always open and unloaded because I don't intend to get a CFP
1%

Total votes : 591

Re: Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Poll

Postby Alex » Wed 19 Jan 2011 8:54 pm

Enough said thank you. I knew someone posted it I just need it pointed out. Thank you.
-Alex-

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." Ronald Reagan
Alex
Novice

Postby cdrhoad » Wed 19 Jan 2011 10:20 pm

Alex,
This also is an excellent argument for the tactical advantages of OC http://erik-asher.blogspot.com/2010/12/open-carry-argument.html?zx=634e4b1535394e01
A is A
cdrhoad
Expert Marksman

Postby Cartucho » Sun 06 Mar 2011 10:56 pm

Most of the time I carry concealed. However, I like the idea of people carrying open. I think the more this happens, the more the general public will become used to the idea of firearms as a main stay of society. Not a bad thing, provided that we don't create incidents that would tarnish our good reputation of being responsible gun owners.
Cartucho
Novice

Postby Calebcom » Thu 31 Mar 2011 4:37 pm

I'm Open Carry now, I will be Open Carry after I get my CFP, and my wife shares my sentiment. Now I'll of course be concealing a BUG once I get my CFP. Gotta have a little hidden insurance ;)
I've never heard anyone ever pray for LESS ammunition.
I pray that I never have to pull my firearm on another human being, but I will not hesitate if man or woman threatens my wife, child or myself.
Calebcom
Marksman

Postby Boomstick » Sat 02 Apr 2011 9:14 am

I mostly open carry, but I had to put sometimes concealed, because i don't like trying to tuck my jacket up over the top of my gun.
"You CANNOT keep weapons out of the hands of bad guys, therefore you SHOULD NOT keep weapons out of the hands of good guys. To do so is to abandon any opportunity for the pursuit of a civilized society."
Boomstick
Marksman

Postby dewittdj » Sat 02 Apr 2011 7:00 pm

Jeff Johnson wrote:I've noticed that a number of people are saying that they mostly CC but sometimes OC to hike or camp.
Hmmm. I think that may be skewing the results of the poll from my original intention. I think I should have worded it to say OC in public, e.g. on the streets, in restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Out in the backwoods, it just doesn't quite mean the same thing.

Does a tree, falling in the forest, with no one around to hear it, make a sound?
:raisedbrow:

...is OC'ing out where there isn't a single soul to see you doing it, really count as OC'ing?... It seems to follow the same line of reasoning to me, GrassHopper.
:wink:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby My Trigger Guard » Sat 02 Apr 2011 8:07 pm

I mostly conceal in public TBH. Granted its a loose conceal that can become OC quite often with just normal daily movement or activities. I prefer mostly CC becuase I do not have to constantly be on hire awarness or alert, which makes a day less stressfull and more focused on what I need to be. Granted I still OC sometimes but not as often as I CC. Even still I deep conceal during particular activities. I do OC around my property and or when out onthe range or out in the wilderness.

Anyhow what I am getting at is the poll seems fine to me.
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
BCI Utah Concealed Firearms Instructor

Http://MyTriggerguard.Com/
Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.
Banjamin Franklin
My Trigger Guard
Sharp Shooter

Postby Boomstick » Sun 03 Apr 2011 9:40 am

dewittdj wrote:
Jeff Johnson wrote:I've noticed that a number of people are saying that they mostly CC but sometimes OC to hike or camp.
Hmmm. I think that may be skewing the results of the poll from my original intention. I think I should have worded it to say OC in public, e.g. on the streets, in restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Out in the backwoods, it just doesn't quite mean the same thing.

Does a tree, falling in the forest, with no one around to hear it, make a sound?

...is OC'ing out where there isn't a single soul to see you doing it, really count as OC'ing?... It seems to follow the same line of reasoning to me, GrassHopper.

If Hellen Keller falls down in the forest, does she make a sound?
"You CANNOT keep weapons out of the hands of bad guys, therefore you SHOULD NOT keep weapons out of the hands of good guys. To do so is to abandon any opportunity for the pursuit of a civilized society."
Boomstick
Marksman

Postby Raleigh63 » Sun 03 Apr 2011 3:13 pm

Boomstick wrote:
dewittdj wrote:

If Hellen Keller falls down in the forest, does she make a sound?

If she fell down in the forest, would anyone care?
Dave

If God Himself told me to carry a Glock, I'd consider casting my lot with Satan.
Raleigh63
Marksman

Postby Jeff Johnson » Sun 03 Apr 2011 5:30 pm

What's with the Helen Keller jokes? Is it anti-blind and deaf day?
Helen Keller overcame tremendous handicaps to become a highly admired and respected person.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

Postby DiscoLives4ever » Sun 03 Apr 2011 5:58 pm

Jeff Johnson wrote:What's with the Helen Keller jokes? Is it anti-blind and deaf day?
Helen Keller overcame tremendous handicaps to become a highly admired and respected person.

And in her later life became a hardcore communist and anti-American..... Just saying ;)
DiscoLives4ever
Marksman

Postby Jeff Johnson » Sun 03 Apr 2011 6:21 pm

I guess that I didn't know much Helen Keller history.

Anyway, let's get the thread back on-topic.
IANAL => I Am Not A Lawyer
NRA Life Member | USSC | CCRKBA | UtahConcealedCarry.com
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

Postby buckfynn » Sun 22 May 2011 7:17 pm

I voted open carry most of the time and concealed carry occasionally. When I choose to carry a firearm it is either a M&P Pro.40 S&W or .45 ACP Colt Commander. Neither are easily concealable under normal attire. I also carry a Colt .22 Woodsman Match Target when hunting at times which is always open carry.

I do however carry a double bladed hunting knife generally in one of my back pockets or a sheath. Either way it could be considered concealed. The blades length are long enough to be included under the dangerous weapons laws in my state. I don't use the knife for self protection, just hunting. But it is comforting for me to know if I forget to take the knife out of my pocket after hunting, my concealed weapons permit allows me to be legal.
buckfynn
Novice

Postby Lokidude » Sun 22 May 2011 9:33 pm

I voted "Mostly concealed." I open carry occasionally, normally around the yard or close to home. When I lived in Ogden, it was all concealed, all the time, to avoid having frequent interactions with OPD. When I lived in Wyoming, I open carried a bit, mostly in the winter. I didn't want the hassle of dealing with tourists freaking over my gun in the summer. Mostly that's why I conceal now, it's just a lot less hassle. But it's nice to know that, if I don't want to put on a cover shirt, or forget, I'm perfectly legal.
Lokidude
Marksman

Postby Matapatos » Mon 30 May 2011 5:12 pm

I voted mostly open, sometimes concealed... The reason behind open carry? Its the most comfortable way to carry, IMHO... I've OC'd everywhere I've gone, except work, for the past 3 weeks and had 1 big, drunk guy question me. Mostly he didn't understand why I carried at all, open or concealed... So the little experience I have says I will OC because of comfort. My in-laws aren't very comfortable with guns, so that is when I'll be CC'ing, at family events, going out to movies with them, etc...
Matapatos
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Open Carry