10%
Always open
3%
Always open and unloaded because I don't intend to get a CFP
1%

Total votes : 591

Re: Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Poll

Postby loudsixstring » Tue 01 Sep 2009 8:28 pm

I voted mostly concealed because in the last 2 years I have OC'd a couple of times. Never had any trouble when I was, other than some double takes from a few people. OC isn't my thing, but I don't have any problems with it either.
Glock 'n' Roll
loudsixstring
Marksman

Postby JTknives » Mon 15 Feb 2010 11:18 pm

I open carry every day all day. I thinks its kinda funny, I never say anything thing bad about people that want to CC but it seams like i get crap for OC from people that CC. Not here on the forums but just people in passing. Like you know you should really CC as OC is just dangerous. but i say to each his own, i am in no way uncomfortable OC at all. the other day i went to eat a toco bell by my work and as i walk in i notice 3 cops sitting in the far corner eying me :shocked: . i order my food and when i get it i sit right next to them :nilly: :dancing: :nilly: . just minded my own business and ate and reading a reloading book :ROFL: . good times good times, i flirt with the girl there all the time and we talk open carry a lot. People have told me that guys that carry a gun are just compensating for small doodles :ROFL: I replay "I have not had any complaints yet" :crown: . I also carry to make a statement that good guys carry guns to. And just because you see a gun there is no reason to freak out. I am not scared of the police, store owners or people. if thy want to question me let them, i don't feel it is a wast of my time. The people that OC fight a daily fight twards pro gun movements. I also feel that thy are one of the biggest reasons that we are not hassled more then we are. We inform people everywhere we go even if that include the occasional cop. Like i said be for, i don't care if you OC or CC I just want you to AC :thumbsup: .
Fake and Gay
JTknives
Marksman

Postby GreenStreet » Wed 24 Feb 2010 10:40 am

Mostly concealed, but when going hunting, shooting at the range, to lazy to put my jacket on, pumping gas, going in to a convience store, etc. I'll open carry. Sometimes, I just don't really realize I'm carrying. :idea: Never had a problem with either.

Actually I prefer concealed. The element of surprise for a bad hombre is priceless. And some people do give you a funny look or double take when carrying openly.
NRA Lifetime Member
GreenStreet
Marksman

Postby wapiti67 » Thu 11 Mar 2010 11:28 am

I carry however is comfortable at the time...If its cold out, I am concealed...if its a great day...It's open...depends on what I'm in the mood to wear for the day
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
wapiti67
Novice

Postby Brant Taylor » Tue 27 Apr 2010 1:14 pm

In my opinion open carry is for hunting and making political statements.
I also think if you do carry both ways you need to train both ways. That is dubble, and that may be a good thing.
Brant Taylor

NRA Life Member
NRA certified Instructor
Utah CCW Instructor
Front Site Line Coach
FFL
Brant Taylor
Novice

Postby Korben88 » Tue 27 Apr 2010 3:03 pm

I haven't voted yet because I don't have my permit yet. I think I'll probably fall into the mostly CC but sometimes OC category.
Utah CFP instructor ~ NRA Pistol Instructor ~ NRA Rifle Instructor

http://www.aegisfirearmsinstruction.com
http://www.facebook.com/aegisfirearmsinstruction
Korben88
Sniper

Postby Kloutier » Tue 04 May 2010 7:37 pm

I open carry because I can not quite afford the CCP. But when I do get it I will still choose to open carry almost everywhere but places like work.
People say I should not carry because it's not the Wild West. I say I carry because its much worse. Only 3 people died at the at the O.K. Corral and its a part of our nations history. If 3 people died in a 30 sec shootout today It might not make the news.
Kloutier
Sharp Shooter

Postby sigmanluke » Thu 27 May 2010 6:30 am

I voted mostly OC, but CC sometimes.

I prefer to OC, and don't mind the question I VERY SELDOM may get. Most people don't notice my gun, and honestly, I've NEVER had a negative comment or reaction.

I like the educational opportunities I get once in a while, and hope it helps further our cause.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
sigmanluke
Marksman

Postby SiRed91 » Mon 12 Jul 2010 2:03 pm

I CC 100% of the time. I never feel the need to show everybody that Im carrying.

Why tip my hand?
Ruger SR556 AR-15
American Classic 2 1911
Taurus 605
M&P 9
All clothed in HBE leather

"I felt this huge source of power, like God must feel, when HE's holding a gun..." Homer Simpson.
SiRed91
Marksman

Postby divegeek » Fri 16 Jul 2010 1:38 pm

SiRed91 wrote:I CC 100% of the time. I never feel the need to show everybody that Im carrying.

Why tip my hand?

I enjoy answering rhetorical questions :-)

Why tip your hand? So that you don't have to draw your gun.
Four boxes protect our liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Use in that order.

Utah CFP Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor for Pistol, Rifle and Self-Defense in the Home; NRA RSO.

I am not a lawyer!
divegeek
Top Shot

Postby gwarren » Sun 18 Jul 2010 10:44 pm

I carry concealed when I carry. No need to advertise your advantage to the bad guys/boneheads as was previously posted.
I don't wear it to bed or anything, though. It's all about personal choice, and protecting those you care for.
gwarren
Novice

Postby Jon » Wed 21 Jul 2010 9:00 pm

divegeek wrote:
SiRed91 wrote:I CC 100% of the time. I never feel the need to show everybody that Im carrying.

Why tip my hand?

I enjoy answering rhetorical questions :-)

Why tip your hand? So that you don't have to draw your gun.

:D Exactly... Because in poker its a great moment when you reveal that you have the winning hand; but I seriously doubt that pulling a gun from under your shirt and shooting someone who might have just left you alone had they known will feel as satisfying.
Jon
Marksman

Postby MMAgunchick » Thu 22 Jul 2010 12:05 pm

While I do not have my permit just yet (working on getting it) I do plan to CC most of the time but there will times (i.e. hunting, fishing, etc) when I will OC. I firmly believe in exercising my Constitutional rights and most of the people I associate with know and understand that I am very familiar with self defense and the carrying of weapons in a safe and appropriate manner. My son (and any future kids) will be taught about guns and gun safety at a young age to dispell any curiosity they may have and to prevent any incident that could occur at someone else's home where I cannot control the environment. Sorry if I went a little off subject but my right to bear arms is dear to me and ignorance breeds stupidity IMO! :grinningjester:
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!
MMAgunchick
Marksman

Postby Alex » Tue 18 Jan 2011 11:44 pm

Ok I have been carrying my weapon for 12 years now CC. I have never felt the need to carry open. I understand and have no problem with anyone carrying open. However I don't see the benefit of OC over CC. You still have your gun there and can use it to protect you and your family. Without having to draw attention to yourself So here it goes. I know this questions has been answered on this forum before I am just not good at picking it out. Can someone put the benefits of what OC gives you that CC does not in a list format. Heck I may start carrying open if I see pros that I never thought of before.
-Alex-

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." Ronald Reagan
Alex
Novice

Postby Crash » Wed 19 Jan 2011 9:01 am

Alex wrote:Ok I have been carrying my weapon for 12 years now CC. I have never felt the need to carry open. I understand and have no problem with anyone carrying open. However I don't see the benefit of OC over CC. You still have your gun there and can use it to protect you and your family. Without having to draw attention to yourself So here it goes. I know this questions has been answered on this forum before I am just not good at picking it out. Can someone put the benefits of what OC gives you that CC does not in a list format. Heck I may start carrying open if I see pros that I never thought of before.

Read this post and then read the rest of that thread.
Crash...
crashbob.com

I am not a lawyer

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
Crash
Sharp Shooter

PreviousNext

Return to Open Carry