Open Carry Sightings

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

Re: Open Carry Sightings

Postby mkeeney » Wed 17 Jun 2015 7:29 am

SirGentleman wrote:
mkeeney wrote:...on his left side at about the 3 o'clock position.

Technically that would be the 9 o'clock position. Just sayin'. ;)

(facepalm)

Sorry, guys about the error. Absolutely correct - I meant he was carrying at the 9 o'clock position. :)
mkeeney
Novice

Postby dewittdj » Mon 27 Jul 2015 7:35 pm

So, after finishing a shift as RO at the WSA range yesterday, I drove to a local Maverik to refuel. I was OC'ing, as it is now allowed for WSA ROs on the range, and fueling my car, when an elderly gentleman approached, from where he was fueling at the island adjacent to mine, and asked me why I was open carrying "like that?" I said, thinking he meant with a mag inserted, that I had a CFP and had just come off of the WSA range. He responded that he had a CFP as well and then asked where the WSA range was located. After giving him directions, he went on to say that his wife doesn't like him to OC because a LEO friend told her that it is too dangerous. I explained that it was actually safer and faster, if you were trained how to draw and fire from your OC holster. We had a conversation about CFP training and I ended up giving him a card and invited him to have his attend my next CFP class, free of charge.

I was surprised that he had the gumption to approach someone armed without really knowing why he was armed.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby RustyShackleford » Sun 27 Sep 2015 9:43 am

On our way muzzle loader hunting....Clerk at the Sinclair station Spanish Trail Store (Spanish Trail Supply Co.) Veyo, UT.
Carrying Springfield 1911 with Confederate Flag grips. Says he OCs everyday. So if you are in our neck of the woods stop in at the Sinclair Station in Veyo and say howdy.
He asked me what I was carrying (Remington 1911) before I noticed his. Had a good conversation.
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby mkeeney » Sun 27 Sep 2015 3:57 pm

Driving north on US 89 in/near Layton on Friday afternoon, September 25th. Saw a gentleman on a motorcycle with a large knife on his hip and a holstered handgun immediately behind it (at about 4 o'clock).
mkeeney
Novice

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 16 Oct 2015 6:50 am

Two sightings in one week, both in Farmington. The first was at Harmon's with a guy in this 30's carrying a 1911 (couldn't tell the manufacturer) in a natural color leather holster and belt. The second was at Smith's Food King with a guy in his late 50's carrying a Glock in a black kydex holster and leather belt.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby SirGentleman » Fri 23 Oct 2015 9:49 pm

Last week I spotted a fellow in the UVU parking lot wearing a long sleeved blue button down shirt and dress slacks carrying at the 3:00 position. It was in the far parking west parking lot. I would've stopped and chatted with you but I was running to take a test in the testing center. Keep up the good work!
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams
SirGentleman
Marksman

Postby James » Thu 05 Nov 2015 7:54 pm

H
Last edited by James on Wed 21 Jun 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carry on!
James
Sharp Shooter

Postby Paul » Fri 06 Nov 2015 7:12 am

Last Friday night I saw a guy in Takara Sushi in Logan about 7:30PM open carrying. I couldn't get over to say hi but maybe it was someone from here.
-Paul
http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com
http://www.cachevalleycabinetsandtops.com
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Utah Hunters Education Instructor
NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor and RSO
Front Sight President (ask me about memberships)
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby J_dazzle23 » Sun 15 Nov 2015 9:19 pm

2 sittings today- guy in Denny's in Lehi around noon in a red shirt carrying what looked like a silver-slide xdm in something like a serpa. Second one was at 2-ish at tibble fork res going on a hike with friends and dog in tow. Likely black glock model on right hip.

Thumbs up !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J_dazzle23
Marksman

Postby J_dazzle23 » Thu 10 Dec 2015 12:39 am

Open carrying a 1911 by what looked like smith or Springfield tonight at roughly 1800 at the hungry Howies in Bloomington on your right hip in a leather holster.

Nice looking gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J_dazzle23
Marksman

Postby Laroo » Sun 13 Dec 2015 3:20 pm

Walmart Evanston Wyo, 12/13/15 late 50's early 60's guy carrying some sort of a sub compact LC 9 - Shield or something along those lines, grips were covered by a short jacket. Very nice brown leather holster. Good to see.
Laroo
Novice

Postby mkeeney » Sat 19 Dec 2015 4:53 pm

Spotted a gentleman in the North Ogden Smith's today carrying what appeared to be a 1911 on his right-hand side. Did not get a chance to say hello, but I elbowed my wife to show her. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "So what? He's not harming anyone".

Looks like I've got her trained right. :)
mkeeney
Novice

Postby Wrangler_dave9 » Sat 06 Feb 2016 8:34 pm

My wife and I open carried while doing some shopping the other night. :mrgreen: Quick trip to Walmart for some light bulbs and Home Depot to make a return. I carried my Glock 22 in a Safariland ALS. My wife carried her new Ruger LC9s in a basic nylon Blackhawk holster until we can get something a little more permanent.
Just another day in paradise.
Wrangler_dave9
Marksman

Postby SirGentleman » Sat 09 Apr 2016 11:00 am

Saw a guy OC-ing at the Little Caesar's in Orem near Center Street. It was on Wednesday April 6th, around 8:00 or so. Pizza knows no bounds. :thumbup:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams
SirGentleman
Marksman

Postby James » Fri 27 May 2016 9:57 am

Hm
Last edited by James on Wed 21 Jun 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carry on!
James
Sharp Shooter

PreviousNext

Return to Open Carry