Open Carry Sightings

Discuss issues regarding open carry.

Re: Open Carry Sightings

Postby Paul » Fri 27 May 2016 12:43 pm

Had a guy named "Chris" who open carried into my business yesterday. If you are here, THANKS!
-Paul
http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com
http://www.cachevalleycabinetsandtops.com
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Utah Hunters Education Instructor
NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor and RSO
Front Sight President (ask me about memberships)
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby ericcris10sen » Sat 25 Jun 2016 3:56 pm

Spotted someone open carrying at Walmart today in Hurricane. I didn't want to see me staring at it so I didn't get too good of a look. The holster was interesting. It was black and very slim fitting to the handgun and the holster wasn't really protruding very much from his side. At a glance I thought it was a leatherman carrying or a cell phone carrier but saw it was a gun holster lol first time I've ever seen someone OC there, or in this region tbh.
ericcris10sen
Novice

Postby RustyShackleford » Sat 25 Jun 2016 3:58 pm

ericcris10sen wrote:Spotted someone open carrying at Walmart today in Hurricane. I didn't want to see me staring at it so I didn't get too good of a look. The holster was interesting. It was black and very slim fitting to the handgun and the holster wasn't really protruding very much from his side. At a glance I thought it was a leatherman carrying or a cell phone carrier but saw it was a gun holster lol first time I've ever seen someone OC there, or in this region tbh.

Was not me...But I will try to get out more :thumbup:
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby manithree » Tue 19 Jul 2016 7:01 am

My neighbor is selling a car, and last night two gentlemen came to see it. One was OCing a Glock with a stainless slide. The other was concealing.

I had just gone over to chat with the neighbor, who is also a concealed carrier, and I was open carrying. So it was a pretty safe spot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
http://gunfacts.info/
manithree
Sniper

Postby Cinhil » Fri 30 Sep 2016 11:07 pm

Perhaps this may be the correct place to post the following; Tonight I took my wife to dinner at Zupas in Jordan Landing. I had been carrying open today as the shirt I was wearing had been tucked in and I always carry outside the waistband regardless if open or concealing, and I have need of carrying where I work so I had just kept my nine on as we went out. Long and short of things, as we were leaving we heard someone behind us say, "Thanks for carrying." We thought it was a young man who was working at Zupas who we had jut passed on our way out rather, it was a stranger who was also leaving as we were. We had a polite conversation where I learned he and his wife just completed their concealed carry class and were awaiting their permits. I pointed them to this site and hopefully they will drop by and continue their education and involve themselves here.
I just wanted to express how impressed I was that this couple went out of their way to thank me for exercising my God given rights. I feel it validated mine and my wife's thoughts and concerns about carrying and made me feel even better about exercising my rights. My wife was impressed too. I feel it important to always exercise your rights and it is always nice when the public notices and is appreciative of our doing so. :thumbup:
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Postby manithree » Sat 12 Nov 2016 1:52 pm

My son and I went to the Harbor Freight in Orem this morning there was a young mom there (blonde, green t-shirt, jeans), carrying a smallish pistol in a leather holster with a top break. She appeared to be with a husband and young son, but I never swapped howdies with her.

I was open carrying as well, but I see that all time.
It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
http://gunfacts.info/
manithree
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Thu 15 Dec 2016 4:27 pm

I walked into our bedroom this morning and saw a first time OCer. Griffin really likes his Baby Sig 1911 in the Bladetech OWB holster. He's waiting for his ULDCFP (Utah Little Dude Concealed Firearm Permit).

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby jfwright1955 » Thu 15 Dec 2016 5:52 pm

Snurd wrote:I walked into our bedroom this morning and saw a first time OCer. Griffin really likes his Baby Sig 1911 in the Bladetech OWB holster. He's waiting for his ULDCFP (Utah Little Dude Concealed Firearm Permit).
Sent from iSnurd

I'd imagine "Utah loaded" takes on a whole new connotation what with diaper duty. :ROFL:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Thu 15 Dec 2016 6:03 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:
Snurd wrote:I walked into our bedroom this morning and saw a first time OCer. Griffin really likes his Baby Sig 1911 in the Bladetech OWB holster. He's waiting for his ULDCFP (Utah Little Dude Concealed Firearm Permit).
Sent from iSnurd

I'd imagine "Utah loaded" takes on a whole new connotation what with diaper duty. :ROFL:

Had some of those today. :(

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby ingfam03 » Thu 15 Dec 2016 6:12 pm

Very cool little snurd, carry on.
ingfam03
Marksman

Postby steelhawk » Thu 15 Dec 2016 10:36 pm

Getting him started out right is important.
Owner, Bear River Holsters www.BearRiverHolsters.com
Email: [email protected]

America is about to be restored!

Are you part of the Inn crowd or one of the Stable few?
steelhawk
Expert Marksman

Postby MarshallDodge » Tue 20 Dec 2016 8:57 am

Very cool Snurd! 8)
Kirk
-Seconds count, misses don't-
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck
MarshallDodge
Sniper

Postby Karl » Sun 01 Jan 2017 5:51 am

jfwright1955 wrote:
Sent from iSnurd

Cute baby !!

If he is anything like me then he will want cap guns first, before he graduates to the real McCoy.
Karl
Marksman

Postby Karl » Sun 01 Jan 2017 5:56 am

I have not seen anyone O/C in Utah yet.

I have spotted several mouse guns in the Mexican carry position (small of the back) concealed.

Whenever I go to a restaurant or bar I watch the other patrons to see if I can spot the imprinting of their C/C handgun (handgun = pistols + revolvers or as R.Lee Ermey says "... a gun that you can shoot with one hand").

The advantage of O/C is that you can draw and shoot about 1/4 second faster than from C/C.

The disadvantage is that it is easier for someone else to go for your gun (gun = Old Norse "Gunilda" meaning "fire and destruction" -- also a girl's name).

I prefer C/C with my shoulder holster. Nobody can grab it from me there, under my shirt and jacket both, and I can still draw and shoot it in 1 1/2 seconds.
Karl
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Sun 01 Jan 2017 8:35 am

Karl wrote:Cute baby !!

If he is anything like me then he will want cap guns first, before he graduates to the real McCoy.

Thanks! :D

Cap guns, squirt guns, Nerf guns, Pop Tart guns, I think he will enjoy them all.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

PreviousNext

Return to Open Carry