Utah Guns Forum banner

Wife wants a CWP

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  The Armed Female 
#1 ·
So my wife informed me tonight she wants to get a CWP and start carrying. Hallelujah!! My question for you ladies is, what is comfortable for you to carry and how do you carry it? My wife thinks she wants to purse carry. Is this practical or should I be trying to steer her in a different direction? We also need to start looking at firearms. What comfortably fits in your hand? Caliber?
She is very comfortable shooting shotguns and rifles but has limited experience with handguns. I know we can rent and try different things for her, I'm just looking for a starting point. Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
Congrats! Along with the advice given, I would add: don't try to sway her one way or the other. Let her decide after trying different options. When it is her decision, she will be more comfortable with it.
Also, have her attend this free ladies class. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12416
She will be able to try different guns that we all carry and ask all of these questions to all the different ladies there. :crown:

PS Hyrax teaches this class as well as a CWP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.