Utah Guns Forum banner

Concealed carry for women

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dewittdj 
#1 ·
I've been giving some serious thought to getting a concealed weapons permit, and as part of that I'm thinking about where on my person I would be able to carry a handgun. I'm short with a "Rubenesque" hourglass figure. I'm pushing 40 so I don't generally wear very "youthful" or fashionable clothes, and being a Portuguese matron I tend to wear black more than any other color. I wear mostly pants, but I have to get elastic waist pants because pants with a waistband generally don't fit me through the waist if they're big enough to get over my hips. Where do you ladies suggest I might try carrying a concealed weapon, when I get my permit?

#3 ·
Elastic waist band limits things...

I just bought my wife a flashbang holester. We have yet to set it up properly. I'll write a review, or have my wife write one, as soon as we've gotten it to work/ fit properly.

The little she's used it, she says it is "comfyer" then it looks

#5 ·
Snowman said:
Elastic waist band limits things...

I just bought my wife a flashbang holester. We have yet to set it up properly. I'll write a review, or have my wife write one, as soon as we've gotten it to work/ fit properly.

The little she's used it, she says it is "comfyer" then it looks
These do make for unusual draws....

"Stop right there!!" :shock:

#6 ·
Thus the name, "flashbang." Unless you're wearing a dress, then it's "flash-flashbang." At least they die smiling... Etc, etc... :roll:
Find them on ebay, or a few shops online sites have them.

#8 ·
As cool as that holster looks, you need to make sure it is functional. Can you draw from this quickly? Will the gun that you like to shoot be comfortable there? Meaning, small guns may hide well, but do you love shooting the small gun enough to practice with it regularly?

There is a lot of helpful info on this subject in the ladies area already as well what some of the guys have said.

Personally, I would get comfortable with shooting first and then work your way up to carrying. The ladies shoots are a great place because you get to try out different guns for free and talk with females who actually carry. Remember, it is a process. I am glad you are willing to learn. :D

PS In the future, it helps if you change the icon above the subject line to the heart. Then the guys realize that they are posting in the Ladies area and know to tread lightly. :wink: If you want all the guys opinion, post in the other appropriate areas.

#10 ·
TriciaDodge said:
...snip...Personally, I would get comfortable with shooting first and then work your way up to carrying. The ladies shoots are a great place because you get to try out different guns for free and talk with females who actually carry. Remember, it is a process. I am glad you are willing to learn. :D ...snip...
+100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.