Utah Guns Forum banner

Request for Anniversary Gift Feedback

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Zacharia 
#1 ·
Here's the deal. I married my wife Feb 29th 2008 on leap year day. SO this is our first real anniversary, and I'm trying to put some genuine thought into a gift. It may well be the last anniversary we have together, and I particularly wanted something that will remind her of good times instead of forking out a bunch of cash for something.
Last night I put together this necklace and I want to know if it looks ok. The antler used to make the hydrangea and beads is taken from an antler that holds significance in regards to a really fun memory, but I've never exactly made a necklace before and maybe I should re-think this gift.
Thoughts? What about the back side of the shell's I ground down and put at the top to hold everything in place, do they add or subtract?

The only change I'm considering making without your input is lightly staining the flower a purple-ish color, but I don't know.

See less See more
#4 ·
countrygirl said:
You know your girl better than any of us. But any homemade gift that's meaningful and shows you were thinking of her will make her feel loved, and that's the point. Happy anniversary!
:thumbsup:

#5 ·
That is really sweet and beautiful, Zacharia. I echo what Countrygirl said. I'd much rather have a homemade gift, poem, whatever versus some store bought junk. It makes it unique and special which in return makes me feel unique and special. Congrats on the anniversary and I do certainly hope you two have many more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.