Utah Guns Forum banner

Pink gun

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  mbarnson 
#1 ·
My sister in law is interested in a handgun for her nightstand/home defense. She knows very little about firearms, but does know she wants a handgun and it has to be pink.

The only few I've seen are pink 22 handguns, Charter Arms' pink revolver, or the Taurus TCP in pink.

What options are there for pink guns? She has shot my 9mm glock and is okay with the 9mm round - which would be cheap and simple. I have thought of pointing her in the direction of a wheel gun but I know absolutely nothing about revolvers or Charter Arms.

I figured the ladies of this forum would have some advice when it comes to the world of pink firearms. Thanks!! :D

#5 ·
Snurd said:
Have her find the gun that fits her the best. Snag that one and then give it to Crusader Weaponry for a pink Cerakote.
http://crusaderweaponry.com/services.php?id=17

It will be a little bit more expensive, but she will have the gun she wants, and the color she wants.
Another vote for that. My wife loves the Cerakote the Gundoc did on her SP-01. Cerakote has some great options.

ETA: The number of pink guns is small, and they're mostly small guns. Get a big gun that fits and is easy to shoot for a nightstand gun.

#9 ·
I would not recommend a Charter Arms.

As far as pink goes, guns are not fashion statements but I understand the need for pride of ownership. The Cerakote idea is a good one.

#10 ·
I have worked with a lot of ladies and I understand the "need" that some have for pink or pink furniture on their gun.
My sister in law is interested in a handgun for her nightstand/home defense. She knows very little about firearms, but does know she wants a handgun and it has to be pink.
With that said, the color really doesn't matter if she can't or won't shoot it because it is not comfortable in her hands while shooting.

I suggest she shoots quite a few different brands, sizes and calibers before choosing which gun and then she can "pink" it out all she wants. :crown:

If she is local, send her to one of our ladies meets. Our ladies share their guns very nicely with others. :shades:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.