Utah Guns Forum banner

In Stock Ammo

67K views 238 replies 60 participants last post by  Snurd 
#1 ·
Don't know if we have a thread already for this but.....

I was at Scheels for the first time tonight and they had a ton of 9mm for $15 almost bought some just to have for when I get the 9mm barrel for my M&P .40c

So anyway.

Scheels: 9mm $15 at least 100 boxes of 50 per
(Limit 2 per customer)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#3 ·
I was at Gallensons on Saturday and they had quite a bit of 9mm, including defense ammo. The defense ammo was reasonably priced but the American Eagle 9mm 115FMJ was $19.95 a box.

I overheard one of the guys say that they had sold multiple cases of 22LR that morning.

#7 ·
gskip33 said:
Sportsmans warehouse in Provo has federal 5.56 for 7.99 a box. They had everything else too and said they get shipments every friday.

Gogogogogogogogo
He lies. I was in there at lunch and there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. Even the fishing section was almost empty. People were so desperate that they were buying the clearance duck calls to have something to do while waiting for ammo to come in. A couple of the guys had worked up a pretty good quacking rendition of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. Which is another reason to avoid it at all costs. The original song was insanely long. Now translate that to duck, goose, and turkey calls and that one guy who decided he knew what a trout-call would sound like. Stay away for your own safety.

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Matt

#8 ·
I checked sportsmans in Provo, Discount guns and ammo, and Gunnies in Orem today for 9mm and 22. I got the last box of 9 from Gunnies, and heard an employee mention that the 9 didn't last long at all. Sounded like it had just been put out before they opened and only lasted about an hour. It was American Eagle for 14.99.
I don't even own a 9mm. But I plan on borrowing one for my wife to use at Front Sight later this year.

The prices were scratched off the tags on the shelvs, so I did not know the price untill I was rung up.

#9 ·
CAL ranch in spanish fork as a little bit of 223 at the moment.

Matt

#11 ·
Which one? Midvale gets theirs Wednesday and its a mad house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#16 ·
The reason that there is no ammo in Cache valley is the strong presence of the good ole boy network.

Here's how it works. They pull a pallet off the truck at (insert any store here) and open it up. They discover ammo in the pallet. :dancing: A young man pulls out a smart phone and sends out a text message to 4 people. My son-in-law receives the message and immediately proceeds to the store and grabs his limit in his caliber. Then he send out 4 text messages, I receive one and immediately depart for the store. When I arrive there are 3 boxes of my caliber left, I grab them as three other guys round the corner to give me a menacing look :x . That entire scenario takes about 2 hours to play out. I've been through that scenario 5 times in the last 2 months. I was only "Johnny on the spot" twice, the other times I was "too late". Sometimes the message comes at midnight and I sleep through it. So I hit the store at 7am, no more ammo, LIKE IT WAS NEVER THERE! But I know it was there, because he sent a photo to my phone.

I met a young man while waiting for the cabinet to be unlocked and he told me he comes in almost every night at 1am. Except this time, because he had also gotten the text from my son-in-law.

#17 ·
BrassChucker said:
The reason that there is no ammo in Cache valley is the strong presence of the good ole boy network.
Since you are in, what do I need to do to creep into your top 4 people you subsequently text? :D

#19 ·
FYI, it looks like Gunnies got some hodgdon/IMR/Winchester powder in yesterday or today. I picked up a pound of varget, but they still didn't have 4064, h4895, or h4350.

Matt

#20 ·
Got a box of 100 .45 ACP FMJ @ WVC North Wal-Mart the other day for $50. Limit 1 box per caliber, total 3 boxes.

ETA: They had some .40 and .380, but I don't really use either, so no price, sorry. They also keep it hidden under the counter to "prevent runs," so you have to ask for it.

#23 ·
I didn't catch the prices, but Gallensons had some .40, .45 9mm, and several other calibers. It looked like they had loads of .223
Completely out of .22 lr. Looks like they had a nice assortment of handguns and rifles as well.

#24 ·
jktseug said:
I didn't catch the prices, but Gallensons had some .40, .45 9mm, and several other calibers. It looked like they had loads of .223
Completely out of .22 lr. Looks like they had a nice assortment of handguns and rifles as well.
Last time I was there it looked like there was literally hundreds of boxes of federal 5.56 in 500 and 1000 bulk packs. They were selling it for $500 per thousand last time I was in there, but I heard they bumped it back up to $550.

Basically they are just bumping it all over the place. I think they have enough stock in where it should drop to at least $450 soon.

#25 ·
Smith and Edwards had some today
.40 S&W was $23/box, limit 2
9mm was $18/box, limit 1 (behind counter even)

#26 ·
I just got done with my AR15, M4 Build (haven't even fired it yet)....could not find any 223 or 5.56 ammo anywhere in the ST. George area. Well we went for a visit to western Colorado over the weekend. Spent the night in Hanksville UT. Anyone that knows anything about Hanksville (population of about 200,... 700 if you count the dogs). Just on a hunch stopped at the "general mercantile" and found 6 boxes of 5.56 for $10 a box. of all places, Hanksville had ammo...can you believe that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.