Utah Guns Forum banner

Brass!

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JoeRandall 
#1 ·
Where is the best place to get brass? I have went to common places that people shoot but I would like to get more bulk for cheaper or next to nothing rather then buying it on the Internet?

#2 ·
What kind of brass. I usually just pick mine up. At Dougs or Impact you can usually end up with more than you brought just by cleaning up your lane. If yourclever you can just look for the dirtiest lane. Most of the newer ranges are so new and clean you usually only have your brass to choose from. Cheapest I see it sold at ranges is Discount Guns and Ammo 2 at about $30 per 1000 of 9mm.

#4 ·
#5 ·
The best place to get brass is off the floor or ground around your shooting station right after you've shot some new factory loads, IMO. Buy a couple cases of ammo, shoot it up, pick up the brass. Voila! 2000 cases, waiting to be cleaned and reloaded.

#8 ·
I always pick up what's laying around. But I only reload for my .308

On a side note since I don't reload for my pistol if anyone has some brass from not so common cartridges (rifle or pistol) they don't really want or need I will take 1 for my collection and can buy it or trade for brass I have. And I don't mean 1 for 1 I'll give you a fair amount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.