Utah Guns Forum banner

And then there were three...

7K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Snurd 
#1 ·
We have recently had an addition to the family. Nope, not a gun, but a little guy.

October 6th was an interesting day. My wife went in for a regular checkup just three weeks before her due date. After doing an on stress test, the Doc said she needed to get to the hospital, and needed to call me. She might be having a baby that day.

I was working and about to head to lunch. I got the call and she was rather frazzled. I cruised to the hospital to meet her. A friend had gone with her and stays for a while with us. The hospital did another non stress test and was going to do an ultrasound to see what was going on. After the test, he baby didn't react the way he should, and they said they needed to get the baby out and weren't waiting for the ultrasound tech's to get there. While we were waiting for the operating and people to get all prepped, we gave Mrs. Snurd a blessing. Then blessing said it was his time to come.

They did an emergency c-section and pulled out the little guy. Surgery went well.

I was able to see him a few minutes later. He was hooked up to all sorts of gizmos. One of the nurses said she wanted to watch him for a few minutes to make sure he was going to be okay. After maybe ten minutes, she said she wanted to watch him for another fifteen minutes. The other nurses took us back to a room after Mrs. Snurd was all buttoned up.

About an hour later, we asked a nurse what was going on. She called and found out that the Snurdling was admitted to their Special Care Unit. His oxygen, blood sugar, and platelets were all low.

After a week of ups and downs and another blessing for Mrs. Snurd, and one for the Snurdling , we were able to take him home.

Born 5 lbs 3 oz, and 18" long.

Meet Griffin aka Snurdling.

His first gun.

There are a lot of people that have helped along the way. We are very grateful for it. D-FIN and his wife JustBeth came by while we were still in the hospital and brought us delicious viddles. Much better than the hospital food. Thank you.

Sent from iSnurd

See less See more
#3 ·
Congratulations to all. Hoping all are recovering and doing well. Good job on the early exposure and traing of firearms as Snurdling's finger is not on tje trigger.[WINKING FACE]

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

#4 ·
Congratulations, Snurd, missus Snurd and baby Snurd. Sounds like a very eventful time leading up to Griffin's introduction to the world so I'm glad everything turned out okay.

I have to say, though, I'm a little disappointed in not seeing a silencer on the business end of the otherwise excellent choice for a first toy. :thumbsup:

In this political climate I'm surprised you didn't name him "Donald". :ROFL:

#5 ·
jfwright1955 said:
Congratulations, Snurd, missus Snurd and baby Snurd. Sounds like a very eventful time leading up to Griffin's introduction to the world so I'm glad everything turned out okay.

I have to say, though, I'm a little disappointed in not seeing a silencer on the business end of the otherwise excellent choice for a first toy. :thumbsup:

In this political climate I'm surprised you didn't name him "Donald". :ROFL:
I wanted to get him his own suppressor, but being under 21 I can't get him one yet. The few we have now don't fit on his little gun. :(

Sent from iSnurd

#6 ·
I rarely comment on kids and kid issues, but I'm totally drunk in advance of an ugly election that bodes ill for all of us. The brilliant innocence of childhood moves me to say, "Baba-Mama-Papa! Behold the joy and the light!" Congratulations, Snurd, dudesy. May your new son be a happiness across the years to your family! :D

#8 ·
May I be the first to say.....

... those are some seriously white legs! :dancing:

Seriously, though, congratulations. My wife and I have been through a couple of high risk pregnancies and they're scary. Both of them spent a couple of weeks in the NICU but they're both healthy. One is 21 and a marine, the other will be 20 in a month or so. Now I'm feeling old...

Matt

#9 ·
morcey2 said:
May I be the first to say.....

... those are some seriously white legs! :dancing:

Seriously, though, congratulations. My wife and I have been through a couple of high risk pregnancies and they're scary. Both of them spent a couple of weeks in the NICU but they're both healthy. One is 21 and a marine, the other will be 20 in a month or so. Now I'm feeling old...

Matt
Some people spray tan, I spray white.

Sent from iSnurd

#10 ·
Congratulations!

I can barely remember those days as my oldest son turned 21 this year and I gave him a G17 for his birthday.

#11 ·
Congratulations! He is adorable, and that photo of him and his little gun - priceless! Glad to hear all is now well for him and mom. You are so lucky to be able to bring a new soul into this world, I am certain you will raise him right. Again, Congratulations!

#12 ·
Your post brought back a lot of memories. My first (twins) got here via emergency c-section 4 weeks before their due date. They were 5 lbs. and 5 lbs 4 oz.

I remember the first time I saw them in the nursery, one of them had an IV in her head. They both had so many tubes and attachments, and they were SO TINY I was afraid to touch them.

They turned 20 last July.

Hope you're getting some sleep (and maybe some sun on your legs ;-)), and congratulations!

#14 ·
Congratulations! Glad to hear that all is well. A blessing in many ways!

What a cute little young man! Wow!!! Look at the size of those hands! They make that Glock 17 looks soooo small!
:wink:

Did he decide to come early, so as to allow you to assist with the upcoming UCC class? Does he know how to do fingerprints? Is he an RSO yet? How are his range coaching skills?

#16 ·
D-FIN said:
MarshallDodge said:
Congratulations!

I can barely remember those days as my oldest son turned 21 this year and I gave him a G17 for his birthday.
Will you adopt me?
Sure! First you have to get all your chores done and finish your homework :wink:

#17 ·
dewittdj said:

What a cute little young man! Wow!!! Look at the size of those hands! They make that Glock 17 looks soooo small!

Did he decide to come early, so as to allow you to assist with the upcoming UCC class? Does he know how to do fingerprints? Is he an RSO yet? How are his range coaching skills?
There is a better chance that I will be there than before. Not 100% sure, but there is a pretty good chance.

Sent from iSnurd

#18 ·
Snurd said:
dewittdj said:

There is a better chance that I will be there than before. Not 100% sure, but there is a pretty good chance.

Sent from iSnurd
If you come we will all bring baby gifts.......... yes I know he likes ammo.

#19 ·
D-FIN said:
Snurd said:
dewittdj said:

Sent from iSnurd
If you come we will all bring baby gifts.......... yes I know he likes ammo.
He prefers 9mm and .223. But will accept .45 ACP. And he's thinking about .458 Socom.

Sent from iSnurd

#25 ·
Snurd said:
If he was 21 I could agree with you.

Sent from iSnurd
Isn't he already 21 several times---- seconds, minutes, hours, and days?

#26 ·
JoeSparky said:
Snurd said:
If he was 21 I could agree with you.

Sent from iSnurd
Isn't he already 21 several times---- seconds, minutes, hours, and days?

I wish that mattered to the ATF. Hopefully trump can get the Hearing Protection Act to pass, then we won't have to worry about it.

Sent from iSnurd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.