Utah Guns Forum banner

It took me a minute

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  AlanM 
#1 ·
Back story: I was reading some comments about buying gold and silver and an ad that was in the NRA magazines. One person bad mouthed the NRA and the precious metals dealer that placed the ad and another person stated that the NRA was helpful to Illinois gun owners.

Another person posted this:

Gold and Silver aren't the only metals that preserve wealth. I also have a large supply of Brass and Lead.
Upon reading that my eyebrows knit and I read and re-read it several times before I broke out laughing.
Then I thought, "Yep, so do I."

#3 ·
This story is true, but now about 17 years old.

My daughter's SO at the time, late 1999, was in a checkout line of a supermarket with a small basket of a few consumables behind a woman that had a large shopping cart full of several hundred dollars of fresh and frozen meat.
The woman turned and looked at his meager amount of purchases and asked, "Is that all you're going to buy? Aren't you afraid of what'll happen if Y2K really hits?"
He looked at her cart and asked, "If Y2K DOES cause a collapse and power goes out, how long is your freezer going to keep all that meat edible? The farmer that lives next to my land has plenty of beef on the hoof and I've got a rifle. I'll survive."
She just stood there with a "deer in the headlights" look on her face.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.