Shipping Ammo

This is a place you can feel free to talk about just about any thing you want. As long as it is family-rated of course.

Shipping Ammo

Postby abrian8 » Mon 01 Jun 2009 7:00 am

Is there laws that say you cannot ship ammo? I know allot about shipping and ORMD(consumer commodity). I also know that of course you would have to follow shipping regulations, but are there any issues say if a relative from AZ wanted to send me ammo...can he do it legally?
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.
abrian8
Marksman

Re: Shipping Ammo

Postby lmj301 » Mon 01 Jun 2009 8:04 am

sure ammo can be shipped to you/me. just not through USPS. just be sure to ship it through my address first. my address is PO box.......
lmj301
Sharp Shooter

Postby T.M.Ray » Mon 01 Jun 2009 8:35 am

No problem shipping ammo. I got 124 gr. Federal Hydra-shok sent to me from N.Y. If I recall it was sent UPS, I just think my shipper doesn't state what's in the big brown box. But there is no "Law" that says you can't have it sent from family member to family member. :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed." -George Washington (Jan 14, 1790, Boston Independent Chronicle)
T.M.Ray
Marksman

Postby Paul » Mon 01 Jun 2009 9:55 am

Ship it UPS ground and put a label on the box that says ORM-D and you are fine. Just tell UPS you are shipping ammunition and they usually have the ORM-D labels for you.
You can NOT ship ammo through the US Postal Sevice. You CAN ship through FedEx but it is a major hassle. Just use UPS.
-Paul
http://www.myfavoritegunstore.com
http://www.cachevalleycabinetsandtops.com
NRA Life Member
Utah CFP Instructor
Utah Hunters Education Instructor
NRA Rifle and Pistol Instructor and RSO
Front Sight President (ask me about memberships)
Paul
Forum Owner

Postby randys » Mon 01 Jun 2009 5:45 pm

I've shipped ammo to my brother in Iowa via Fed Ex, no problem.
When the People fear thier Government, there is tyranny. When the Governmnent fears the People, there is Liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
randys
Marksman

Postby Donner6 » Fri 01 Jun 2018 3:16 am

I am not very sure about that. My brother has just started working at a company like this and I can ask him about it. All I know is that they offer good same day delivery Dallas which is what I really care for right now because my business involves sending products to clients on time.
Donner6
Novice

Return to Chit Chat