Grantsville Check Point

Please post your real life stories where carrying for self-defense has made a difference.

Grantsville Check Point

Postby kdt1970 » Fri 29 Aug 2014 6:12 pm

I need to confirm but I believe there is an Administrative check point on main st in Grantsville.
kdt1970
Marksman

Re: Grantsville Check Point

Postby kdt1970 » Fri 29 Aug 2014 6:23 pm

yep there appears to be a few of them in tooele county .
kdt1970
Marksman

Postby kdt1970 » Fri 29 Aug 2014 10:01 pm

So I drove through it 3 times and was only stopped once. Nothing major but they must be learning from last year. They asked for my license, I said ok if I can see the warrant. They said ok showed me the warrant and I asked if I was free to go and they said yes. I never showed them my papers or license and my window was down about 2 inches.
kdt1970
Marksman

Postby UtahJarhead » Sat 30 Aug 2014 12:11 pm

kdt1970 wrote:So I drove through it 3 times and was only stopped once. Nothing major but they must be learning from last year. They asked for my license, I said ok if I can see the warrant. They said ok showed me the warrant and I asked if I was free to go and they said yes. I never showed them my papers or license and my window was down about 2 inches.

Nicely done!
DO NOT talk to cops! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle Instructor
Cub Master
Art Scheel
UtahJarhead
Top Shot

Postby RustyShackleford » Sun 31 Aug 2014 3:52 pm

UtahJarhead wrote:
kdt1970 wrote:So I drove through it 3 times and was only stopped once. Nothing major but they must be learning from last year. They asked for my license, I said ok if I can see the warrant. They said ok showed me the warrant and I asked if I was free to go and they said yes. I never showed them my papers or license and my window was down about 2 inches.

Nicely done!

+ another nicely done!
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Sun 31 Aug 2014 11:36 pm

News said they moved it to Utah county the next night. They aparently gave out 4 DUI citations in Grantsville.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Return to Real Life Stories