It's posts like this that keep me carrying

Please post your real life stories where carrying for self-defense has made a difference.

It's posts like this that keep me carrying

Postby AlanM » Tue 10 Feb 2015 4:19 am

Posted on the Ohioans for Concealed Carry forums:

Near miss, Subway store robbed at knifepoint

by muxtech on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:51 pm

I stopped in at the local Subway sandwich shop on Oberlin Ave in Lorain Sunday Feb. 8th around 3 pm. After I finished eating at home, a friend stopped by and said that there were 5 police cars at the Subway down the street. I went there today and learned that they, (two young female employees) were robbed at knifepoint. It had to have been shortly after I had left. No one was hurt, but it sounds like they were shaken up pretty bad. They said that they do have good video of the perp's face. I didn't want to ask too many questions. It was good that they told me that much. I hope that they get him.

Today I'm asking myself, what if I had walked in on them? It can happen anywhere, anytime, even somewhere I'd been a hundred times before without incident. Makes you think.

I have looked all over online for a news story, but cannot find one, yet. The reporters must be off on Sunday.

Lesson learned: You NEVER know when a predator is going to strike. Be prepared, period!
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM
Sharp Shooter

Re: It's posts like this that keep me carrying

Postby Cinhil » Tue 10 Feb 2015 12:09 pm

Probably buried on page eleven as it isn't something where the media can use to propagate their anti gun bias. Glad no one was hurt but I am quite certain they are shook up. Too bad that the higher incidence of assaults and robberies using knives is not as newsworthy as when a gun is used. :dunno:
What part of "Shall not be infringed" is not being abused today!

Even Knights had "Modern" weapons!

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes' ("Who watches the watchmen?”)."
Cinhil
Sniper

Return to Real Life Stories