Utah Guns Forum banner

Road rage

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  D-FIN 
#1 ·
http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... n-JpuxHaJI

Without a doubt, the driver should have continued driving and gone straight to the police station, not the ace parking lot.

The reason this story struck a nerve for me is just today I was driving with my wife, and she(behind the wheel) pulled out in front of a car that would have given them enough time, but they were going about 20 over and she ended up cutting her off. They tried to follow her until they saw me in the passenger seat and broke it off.

Sometimes it's not the Muslim terrorist or the guy robbing a bank we need to worry about, it's these exact type of people.

Not a more perfect example of an armed society being a polite one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Many times these incidents start off because of a mistake, and all of us make them.

One thing I have done since started carrying, is realize I have a responsibility to check any (bad) attitude, rush to judgment, or quick temper the second I arm myself. (I can't afford to escalate a situation). For some reason there is something mental about strapping on a 4000#+ vehicle around your waist. Many people think this is a great equalizer....and "How Dare They"...The moron in the jeep is the perfect example of a person that should not be on the road, (just as there are some that should not be armed with a firearm) if they can not keep their violent tendencies in check when around other people. You can bet this idiot has an attitude problem...and probably a criminal record involving some type of assault. What do you want to bet? He will be found and I'll bet he is not a model citizen on or off the road.

#3 ·
I made a turn in front of someone at a stop light several years ago. It was little tight on space and I probably should have waited but there was no a danger of collision. Apparently the other driver did not feel the same way. I had turned right afterwards in to the bank parking lot to hit the ATM and was in line when this other person came ripping backwards through an empty teller drive up jumped out of their car (with their buddy) and began to give me an earful most of which was unintelligible through by closed window as I pointed up at the bank security cameras. This was before I carried or I likely would have had my hand on my gun as well. Luckily the event did not last long before they jumped back in their car and took off.

I have no problem letting somebody shout out their anger if it makes them feel better as long that is all they are doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.