2015 Defensive Firearms Training - RWPDS

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

2015 Defensive Firearms Training - RWPDS

Postby moyler » Mon 09 Mar 2015 10:36 am

Our 2015 firearms training schedule has been updated on the website: http://www.realworldpds.com/Class-Information.html

Individual class posts are forthcoming, but this is a consolidated view at what fun events are coming up this year.

May we all have safe, productive, and fun training this year!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Re: 2015 Defensive Firearms Training - RWPDS

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 09 Mar 2015 12:34 pm

Looking forward to the 2015 season! I'll be there for the usual classes. :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby moyler » Mon 09 Mar 2015 1:50 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:Looking forward to the 2015 season! I'll be there for the usual classes. :thumbsup:

Good to hear, John! You might look at the Introduction to Defensive Pistol class for family members. :thumbsup:

moyler
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 09 Mar 2015 2:06 pm

moyler wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:Looking forward to the 2015 season! I'll be there for the usual classes. :thumbsup:

Good to hear, John! You might look at the Introduction to Defensive Pistol class for family members. :thumbsup:

My wife was interested but has some heavy-duty periodontist scheduled a few days prior. So, wisely, she's going to take a pass this time around.

I'll mention it to a few friends who're new to shooting and whom may well be interested. If they did I'd likely sign up as well to provide moral support.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby moyler » Mon 09 Mar 2015 3:14 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:
moyler wrote:

My wife was interested but has some heavy-duty periodontist scheduled a few days prior. So, wisely, she's going to take a pass this time around.

I'll mention it to a few friends who're new to shooting and whom may well be interested. If they did I'd likely sign up as well to provide moral support.

I'd love your help as well! You have a lot of good experience to share.

moyler
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 09 Mar 2015 3:29 pm

moyler wrote:
jfwright1955 wrote:
moyler wrote:Good to hear, John! You might look at the Introduction to Defensive Pistol class for family members. :thumbsup:

I'd love your help as well! You have a lot of good experience to share.

Regardless, let me know if I can be of service. I'm always willing to lend a hand if needed.
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Mon 09 Mar 2015 4:03 pm

The new course looks very good. I love words like, "Basic", "Intro", "First", etc. There's nothing too basic for me.
I have done two each of Mark and Brant's "Next Step" and "Advanced" defensive pistol classes and I find that I need the repetition (I suspect I'm not alone).

I hope I can make all three pistol classes and maybe bring a friend or two along. And, who knows, maybe I'll be able to get a rifle this year, before the September class :gun10:

:dancing:

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby Roach » Wed 11 Mar 2015 1:00 pm

Hello Mark, good to see your post.

Please count me in for the classes, and I'm pretty sure I have a new recruit for Next Step.

Hi to Geoff and John, I look forward to working and learning with you again. Geoff, you can borrow my Oly Arms AR if that helps . . . :shades:

To anyone else: I've come to believe training is critical for anyone who wants to carry, and Mark's classes are one great place to start that training, or for anyone else with experience to continue and stretch their capabilities.

See you on the range . . .Yee haw.
Roach
Novice

Postby Aad Geordie » Wed 11 Mar 2015 2:04 pm

Bill, you're a good egg and I appreciate the offer. I always stress about using other people's gear though—in case I break it or screw it up somehow. :noob: :beat:

Besides, I need the excuse to buy a toy! It was Moyler's class last March that got me my Glock 34 :taz:

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby D-FIN » Thu 12 Mar 2015 12:57 pm

Aad Geordie wrote:Bill, you're a good egg and I appreciate the offer. I always stress about using other people's gear though—in case I break it or screw it up somehow. :noob: :beat:

Besides, I need the excuse to buy a toy! It was Moyler's class last March that got me my Glock 34 :taz:

Geoff.

You know you can't always claim to be the NOOB when your a veteran of Moler and Brant's classes. Eventually you have to learn something.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Thu 12 Mar 2015 1:00 pm

D-FIN wrote:
Aad Geordie wrote:Bill, you're a good egg and I appreciate the offer. I always stress about using other people's gear though—in case I break it or screw it up somehow. :noob: :beat:

Geoff.

You know you can't always claim to be the NOOB when your a veteran of Moler and Brant's classes. Eventually you have to learn something.

:spit: I believe that's checkmate, Geoff. :ROFL:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Thu 12 Mar 2015 3:04 pm

D-FIN wrote:you can't always claim to be the NOOB
Just watch me!
Maybe, eventually, someone with even less experience will come along. Then I'll become the guy who gets embarrassed by the noobie :oops:
("What barn?... I don't see a barn...) :grinningjester:

[serious comment]
BTW, I've signed up for the new Intro class on April 18.
Can't have too much of drilling the fundamentals into muscle memory
[/serious comment]

D-FIN wrote:Eventually you have to learn something.
That's not what my grade-school teachers kept telling my parents :bang:
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby Hawk87 » Fri 13 Mar 2015 6:29 pm

What is the alumni class going to cover this year?
All it takes for evil to succeed in the world is for good men to do nothing
Hawk87
Sniper

Postby moyler » Mon 16 Mar 2015 4:16 pm

Hawk87 wrote:What is the alumni class going to cover this year?

I am working on putting a medical portion together and add a force on force element to that.

It's your class, what would you like to see covered, or what things would you like to work on?

moyler
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 16 Mar 2015 4:31 pm

Just signed up for the Next Steps Defensive Pistol class. My wife will be joining us this year. She took the Front Sight 4-Day Defensive Handgun class in February with me and is eager to continue building on her newfound skills. :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Next

Return to Training Center