2015 Defensive Firearms Training - RWPDS

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: 2015 Defensive Firearms Training - RWPDS

Postby Hawk87 » Tue 24 Mar 2015 1:49 pm

moyler wrote:
Hawk87 wrote:What is the alumni class going to cover this year?

I am working on putting a medical portion together and add a force on force element to that.

It's your class, what would you like to see covered, or what things would you like to work on?

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I don't check this forum much anymore. I would really be interested in a medical class with force on force. Mostly anything with force on force.
All it takes for evil to succeed in the world is for good men to do nothing
Hawk87
Sniper

Postby Roach » Tue 26 May 2015 6:31 am

I'm in. See you June 13!

Bill

:dancing:
Roach
Novice

Postby jfwright1955 » Tue 26 May 2015 7:25 am

Roach wrote:I'm in. See you June 13!

Bill

:dancing:

I'm in as is my wife -- she attended Front Sight with me in February and wants to continue practicing what she learned -- as well as our next door neighbor who took Mark's Introduction course in April. I'm fairly sure Geoff (Aad Geordie) was going to join us, too.

I'm still trying to decide what caliber I'll bring along this time; 9mm, .40 S&W or .357 Sig... or maybe all three if I can't make up my mind. :dunno:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Roach » Tue 26 May 2015 7:29 am

jfwright1955 wrote:I'm still trying to decide what caliber I'll bring along this time; 9mm, .40 S&W or .357 Sig... or maybe all three if I can't make up my mind. :dunno:

I feel your pain. My 9mm, my 9mm, or my 380. Glock 17, 19, or 42. At least two. Perhaps joy rather than pain.
Last edited by Roach on Wed 27 May 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roach
Novice

Postby Aad Geordie » Tue 26 May 2015 8:12 pm

I'm signed up for June 13th too.

I'll probably get my arse kicked by that Tueller dummy again :bat:

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Wed 27 May 2015 5:35 am

Aad Geordie wrote:I'm signed up for June 13th too.

I'll probably get my arse kicked by that Tueller dummy again :bat:

Geoff.

:spit:
Don't worry. If the Tueller dummy gives you any grief, Bill will use the "Pillow Trick" on it.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Roach » Wed 01 Jul 2015 8:15 am

A late and brief report on a great training day:

Weather just about perfect. Sunny and warm. Serious talk about safety, real life situations, and how we conduct ourselves. Then serious (and fun) shooting exercises and drills. You can't get this experience this at Dougs.

Mark and Brant were great instructors (as usual), and I appreciate how they can give individualized attention plus make the whole thing a team effort. Anyone thinking about carrying a gun around needs some kind of training, and this is one great place to get it. Especially if they think they Don't need training.

There is lots to learn and we get as much out of it as we put into it.

What a great, fun group of people and new friends, thanks for sharing your day.

Bill
Roach
Novice

Postby Aad Geordie » Wed 01 Jul 2015 9:12 am

Great write-up, Bill.
I was glad to see a full class—after all, we do need our esteemed instructors to make a few bucks so they continue to feed our training needs.

For my purposes, I also need them to upgrade those steel plates to the "side-of-barn" model!

Looking forward to Aug 15th... :)
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 24 Jul 2015 8:19 am

Anyone else attending Mark and Brant's Advanced Defensive Pistol coming up on August 15? I just signed up. I'm sure at least Bill (Roach) and Geoff (Aad Geordie) will be there along with, hopefully, a few other familiar faces.

I think originally the class was posted to take place on August 8, if I'm not mistaken. The reason I say that is I have it marked down on my calendar for that day and had to forego the opportunity of going to a play with the missus because of the conflict. Now the missus thinks I was just telling a fib to get out of going to the play. :dunno:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 24 Jul 2015 8:38 am

John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 24 Jul 2015 10:09 am

I'm signed up for ADP on Aug 15th :)

Still optimistic about the rifle course in September--heavily researching rifles now... :shock:

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 24 Jul 2015 10:13 am

Aad Geordie wrote:I'm signed up for ADP on Aug 15th :)

Still optimistic about the rifle course in September--heavily researching rifles now... :shock:

Geoff.

:thumbsup:

My wife has also signed up for the Rifle Class. She said because we have a variety of types of firearms in the house she wants to be comfortable and proficient in handling them. Good for her!
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 14 Aug 2015 7:36 pm

Get your kit together folks, it's almost tomorrow!

:thewave:

See you there—whoever's going :)
Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Sat 15 Aug 2015 5:36 am

Got my bags packed and ready to go. Looking forward to a good day at the ranch with a great bunch of folks! :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Mon 31 Aug 2015 8:36 pm

The Advanced Defensive Pistol class on August 15th was excellent—as usual. I was a little disappointed that it was so poorly attended, with only three students. Of course that meant lots of attention for us but I would like to see more attendees to make it worthwhile for all of Mark and Brant's efforts. We had a great crowd at the Next Steps class a few weeks ago and this one is such a compliment to that class, it would have been nice to see some more of those good folks again.

This is the third time I've taken this course and each time it is an incremental learning experience for me—it's little wonder that some folks like John and Bill keep coming back time and time again—there is always something new that sinks in, some additional "light bulb" moment. Plus, of course, the benefit of repetition (much of that needed at my age!).

I particularly like the way that the nature of the activities and drills is such that anyone, from a neophyte such as myself through to those with considerable experience and skill, can gain something from them. The classes are extremely well thought out in that respect. There is a lot ground covered and while that in itself can mean that you're left wanting more of a particular activity, it also means that (a) there's more to be made next time and (b) you are exposed to a greater variety of situations, techniques and solutions in a single day.

I'll be back for more, that's for sure!

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

PreviousNext

Return to Training Center