LASR: Laser Activated Shot Reporter Software + Webcam

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: LASR: Laser Activated Shot Reporter Software + Webcam

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 13 Apr 2015 5:34 pm

One thing that's working to my advantage with our downstairs bedroom (dry-fire area) set up is we have sliding doors in between the two adjoining bedrooms. I'm able to partially close the doors to mimic "slicing the pie" and entering rooms. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind 20 years ago when we build the place but I must've known one day it would make for an excellent dry-fire training area. :thumbsup:

Doors Open 01.jpg
Sliding Doors Open Providing Some Coverage
Doors Open 01.jpg (37.06 KiB) Viewed 1926 times

Doors Partially Closed 01.jpg
Doors Partially Closed For Slicing The Pie & Entry
Doors Partially Closed 01.jpg (35.62 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Photocell » Mon 13 Apr 2015 5:56 pm

Mehhh. I think this is what you truly are destined to have with all that spare room John!

Photocell
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 13 Apr 2015 6:43 pm

Photocell wrote:Mehhh. I think this is what you truly are destined to have with all that spare room John!

:spit:
I wouldn't even need to change out of my PJ's and bunny slippers. :ROFL:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Roach » Tue 14 Apr 2015 6:10 pm

Use code SAR and get the $108 price direct.
Roach
Novice

Postby moyler » Tue 14 Apr 2015 7:31 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:
Photocell wrote:Mehhh. I think this is what you truly are destined to have with all that spare room John!

:spit:
I wouldn't even need to change out of my PJ's and bunny slippers. :ROFL:

Too funny! Good post, John.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Thu 16 Apr 2015 10:17 am

I've had a left-handed holster and right-side mag carrier (I'm right-handed) for some time now but never really had much chance or desire to use it other than just casual, dry-fire usage. Although I keep telling myself I'm going to take tactical training classes one day left-handed, I always talk myself out of doing it because I don't want to "waste" a day fumbling around with a set-up I'm not comfortable with. I know, a lame excuse. I shoot plenty of times at the range left-handed, but that's not the same as doing it during tactical training drawing from a holster and going through the exercises.

The LASR software has renewed my interest in shooting as a "lefty" as I can run through the usual exercises and get instantaneous feedback on how I'm doing.

The biggest challenge for me has been mastering the left-handed draw and grip, mainly getting my thumbs to align alongside the slide area of the semi-auto. For anyone who's given shooting a try with the opposite hand you'll know how easy it is for the thumb to slide in behind the slide, which could result in a cut at best at the range. The software's helping me practice my left-handed draw and finesse my grip.

More to come as I continue my venture with the software...
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Fri 17 Apr 2015 10:51 am

Came Across this special http://www.lasrapp.com/CCW
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 27 Apr 2015 4:58 pm

Finally got around to installing the SIRT AR Bolt in my Smith & Wesson M&P15. It went in about as easy as I was hoping based on watching the SIRT installation video beforehand. All you have to do is:

1) Separate the lower from the upper
2) Remove the bolt carrier group
3) Install the SIRT guide block and link pin onto the trigger bar
4) Insert the SIRT bolt (in place of the bolt carrier group)
5) Reassemble the lower to the upper
6) Make minor adjustments to the link pin length, if needed, to ensure the laser lights up when the trigger's pulled

That's basically it.

The SIRT Bolt comes with an allen wrench to adjust the elevation and windage of the bolt, if needed. Mine took minimal adjustment to mirror the same point of impact (POI) versus point of aim (POA) I observe at close quarters (7 yards) at the range. The setup works like a champ with the LASR software.

Now I can practice not only with the AR15 but also transitioning from the AR to a pistol and all kinds of other fun stuff. :thumbsup:

SIRT AR Bolt Image.jpg
SIRT AR Bolt Picture
SIRT AR Bolt Image.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 1804 times

SIRT AR Bolt - Foot.jpg
SIRT AR Bolt Foot Installed Over Wilson Combat Trigger
SIRT AR Bolt - Foot.jpg (27.59 KiB) Viewed 1804 times

SIRT AR Bolt.jpg
SIRT AR Bolt Installed In S&W M&P15
SIRT AR Bolt.jpg (39.05 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Previous

Return to Training Center