Any interest in a RSO course? *JULY 30TH*

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: Any interest in a RSO course? *JULY 30TH*

Postby Snurd » Wed 20 Jul 2016 7:39 pm

For those in the class, I sent an email with where the class will take place. I tried to send it through the NRA system, but it decided that it didn't want to do it. If for some reason those signed up for the class didn't receive it, let me know.

There is one more spot open if anyone is interested in taking the RSO class.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Sat 23 Jul 2016 1:49 pm

For those who have an NRA ID or membership already, and have given that to me, after the class is done, and you have passed, it will probably take a couple days for you to be able to submit your payment to the NRA. There is a portal for instructors and RSO's that you can log into and check your status, and pay your fees. That is:

https://nrainstructors.org/InstructorAd ... Login.aspx

You member number will be your instructor/RSO number.

If you do not have an NRA membership, you will receive an email from the NRA probably a few days after the course report is submitted. You will not be able to pay for your RSO certification until you receive your Instructor or RSO number. Once you receive that, you can login to the above site and pay your fee and have your certification taken care of.

Once you are all done with that, you can print out your certification and keep it in your wallet, or whatever you like. There is also a place that you can login and check whether someone is certified. So if you don't have your certification in your wallet, you can prove that you have the credentials online. You just need the person's instructor number, and last name. It will show the name, what credentials they have, when they received them, and when they expire. Here is the site:

https://www.nrainstructors.org/Instruct ... erify.aspx
Snurd
Posse

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 29 Jul 2016 3:59 pm

Snurdle—do we need to bring anything (other than lunch and pen & paper)?
You may have specified already and I apologize if so but I don't have the fortitude to plough through the 5 pages of the thread :ack:

Cheers,
Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Fri 29 Jul 2016 4:45 pm

Aad Geordie wrote:Snurdle—do we need to bring anything (other than lunch and pen & paper)?
You may have specified already and I apologize if so but I don't have the fortitude to plough through the 5 pages of the thread :ack:

Cheers,
Geoff.

That should be plenty. There will be some juices, Dunford donuts, bananas, and other snacks to munch on.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Aad Geordie » Sun 31 Jul 2016 8:40 am

Great class! I got so much more out of this than I was expecting (well, you know, it was Snurd after all... :grinningjester: )

Seriously though—thanks, Snurd , for putting on this class. My intention, when I signed up, was not becoming a Rage Safety Office but simply to absorb the information to hopefully help me feel more comfortable using public outdoor ranges. But now, who knows, maybe in a while when I've gained a little more experience in those areas still fairly new to me, I might be able to volunteer and "give something back" (roll on retirement—it's going to open so many doors!)

The class content was very well structured and well presented by Snurd. Comfortable surroundings, in Mr. & Mrs. Snurd's beautiful new home and the TV display really helped avoid us having our heads in the printed material all the time (excellent snacks too!!).

It was a great group too—lots of involvement and plenty of jovial banter to keep us all grounded :D

Oh, and I'm happy to report that I was able to educate this group of reprobate colonials on the correct terminology for what they've been mistakenly referring to as an "extractor". They now all know the appropriate term is, "little hooky thingy" :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Sun 31 Jul 2016 10:47 am

The little hooky thingy. :ROFL: Don't forget the "sueage" (sewage).

We had a really good group of people. Thanks to everyone that showed up. All the people that signed up were there.

I'm glad you learned a lot Geoff. Thank you for all of your input, as well as the input from everyone else.
Snurd
Posse

Postby CQBMarine » Sun 31 Jul 2016 12:36 pm

Arghhh thee class was worth more than me booty!! The hooky thing, sueage and pirates were excellent topics haha.
Snurd thank you and your wife for the excellent hospitality as well as the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CQBMarine
'Never above you, Never below you, Always besides you'

NRA Life Member, NRA RSO, NRA Pistol Instructor

USMC 0341/ SGT
2006-2015
(CQB team member, SOTG Breacher, Combat Marksmanship Trainer, Combat Marksmanship Coach, USMC Basic Instructor)
CQBMarine
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Sun 31 Jul 2016 12:44 pm

CQBMarine wrote:Arghhh thee class was worth more than me booty!! The hooky thing, sueage and pirates were excellent topics haha.
Snurd thank you and your wife for the excellent hospitality as well as the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HARR HARR HARR, ye would be welcome me fellow pirate.

For those who are NRA members that took this class, you can now register and pay your fee to the NRA. Once that is done you can login and print out your ID card if you like.
https://nrainstructors.org/InstructorAd ... ation.aspx
Snurd
Posse

Previous

Return to Training Center