Any interest in a RSO course? *JULY 30TH*

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby justBeth » Fri 24 Apr 2015 1:29 am

I can probably help out with a location for a class, if you want to do it in the Salt Lake area. The company that let us use their training space for our January CFP class told me that they would be happy to have us come back and we are welcome to use their facilities, as long as they are not already doing training. They are almost never using the space on the weekends and I now have access to keys, the only stipulation is that I have to stay on-site while other people are there. Depending on when you want to do the class I should be able to make it happen. And the best part is that the price is right!!! (FREE).
Let me know.
justBeth
Novice
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun 22 Dec 2013 12:46 am
Location: Magna, UT

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby Snurd » Fri 24 Apr 2015 5:26 am

justBeth wrote:I can probably help out with a location for a class, if you want to do it in the Salt Lake area. The company that let us use their training space for our January CFP class told me that they would be happy to have us come back and we are welcome to use their facilities, as long as they are not already doing training. They are almost never using the space on the weekends and I now have access to keys, the only stipulation is that I have to stay on-site while other people are there. Depending on when you want to do the class I should be able to make it happen. And the best part is that the price is right!!! (FREE).
Let me know.

Dibs. :lol2:
That would be great. Thanks. :D As soon as we can get at least 10 people that want to do it we can set the date.

I may be doing another class up at the Ogden gun club at some point as well. Muddy asked if I would mosey that direction for a class. I don't mind doing a bunch of them as long as there are people to take the class.


Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby UCChris » Sat 16 May 2015 7:46 pm

As I mentioned at dinner, I would love to take the course, though I may not be allowed at 19.

Sent via carrier pigeon
UCChris
Marksman
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun 11 May 2014 5:56 am

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby dewittdj » Sat 16 May 2015 9:04 pm

When I first read this post, for some reason, I thought that YOU were looking to attend a CHIEF RSO course to get your CHIEF RSO certification... as opposed to giving a class for RSO candidates...

The BSA just concluded an NRA RSO course at the Cache Public Shooting Range today. 3 students braved the rain to attend. BSA price: $35.00 per student.

Their next ones are in S. Ogden in Sept and again at Cache in Oct. If you are involved in Scouting and don't mind the drive, then consider attending these if you're not in a hurry to get certified.

You have to be 21 years old to certified by the NRA as an RSO:

Certification Requirements:
21 years old or older
Attend the entire course.
Participate in discussions and practical exercises.
Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to organize, conduct, and supervise safe shooting activities and range operations.
Achieve an examination score of 90% or higher.
Submit an application and fee.


That doesn't mean that you can't attend the course, if you are under 21. You just won't be certified until you are 21. You have 1 year from the completion of the course to become certified.
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot
 
Posts: 5258
Joined: Sat 07 Aug 2010 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby UCChris » Sat 16 May 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks for the info dewittdj! Though I won't be twenty until December, I'd like to attend the class just to add to my knowledge.

Sent via carrier pigeon
UCChris
Marksman
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun 11 May 2014 5:56 am

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby dewittdj » Tue 19 May 2015 7:53 pm

Minor correction... you have 30 days to get certified (pay your credentialing fees) upon completion of the class, after which the temporary certificate expires:

TempRSO.png
TempRSO.png (16.33 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot
 
Posts: 5258
Joined: Sat 07 Aug 2010 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby dewittdj » Tue 19 May 2015 7:55 pm

Snurd wrote:That would be great. Thanks. :D As soon as we can get at least 10 people that want to do it we can set the date.
I may be doing another class up at the Ogden gun club at some point as well. Muddy asked if I would mosey that direction for a class. I don't mind doing a bunch of them as long as there are people to take the class.
Sent from iSnurd

Need any help or an assistant instructor give me a holler!!!
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot
 
Posts: 5258
Joined: Sat 07 Aug 2010 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby Snurd » Tue 19 May 2015 8:02 pm

dewittdj wrote:
Snurd wrote:That would be great. Thanks. :D As soon as we can get at least 10 people that want to do it we can set the date.
I may be doing another class up at the Ogden gun club at some point as well. Muddy asked if I would mosey that direction for a class. I don't mind doing a bunch of them as long as there are people to take the class.
Sent from iSnurd

Need any help or an assistant instructor give me a holler!!!

Will do. Thanks Dewitt. :thumbsup:
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby dewittdj » Tue 19 May 2015 8:09 pm

I like teaching lessons 1-6 and administering the final exam!!! :wink:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot
 
Posts: 5258
Joined: Sat 07 Aug 2010 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby Snurd » Tue 19 May 2015 8:47 pm

dewittdj wrote:I like teaching lessons 1-6 and administering the final exam!!! :wink:

Is that all? :lol2:


Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby dewittdj » Fri 22 May 2015 12:56 pm

Snurd wrote:
dewittdj wrote:I like teaching lessons 1-6 and administering the final exam!!! :wink:

Is that all? :lol2:
Sent from iSnurd

Yep!!! I'll leave the introductions to you!!!
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot
 
Posts: 5258
Joined: Sat 07 Aug 2010 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Utah

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby Snurd » Mon 01 Jun 2015 5:08 pm

Seems like there is a lot of interest in an RSO class.... :lol2:
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby CQBMarine » Sun 30 Aug 2015 4:43 pm

I don't know if this is still available but I'd love to get RSO certified. Do any of you know who is able to conduct a pistol or rifle course also?
CQBMarine
'Never above you, Never below you, Always besides you'

NRA Life Member, NRA RSO, NRA Pistol Instructor

USMC 0341/ SGT
2006-2015
(CQB team member, SOTG Breacher, Combat Marksmanship Trainer, Combat Marksmanship Coach, USMC Basic Instructor)
CQBMarine
Marksman
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue 03 Mar 2009 11:47 pm
Location: Herriman

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby Snurd » Sun 30 Aug 2015 5:52 pm

CQBMarine wrote:I don't know if this is still available but I'd love to get RSO certified. Do any of you know who is able to conduct a pistol or rifle course also?

Of course. If we can get a few of people together, I will set up a class.
Snurd
Posse
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2008 10:24 am
Location: SLC

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby jobot » Mon 31 Aug 2015 7:23 am

I may also want to attend an rso class. Depending on cost.
User avatar
jobot
Marksman
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun 01 Aug 2010 10:34 am
Location: Logan, UT

PreviousNext

Return to Training Center

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest