Any interest in a RSO course? *JULY 30TH*

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby Snurd » Tue 07 Jun 2016 9:19 pm

MichaelD wrote:As stated earlier in the thread, I'm interested.

That's 5.

Just in case there are a few more peeps, does anyone have a location that could fit more?
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Wed 08 Jun 2016 12:02 pm

I'd sit in(or help out) for a refresher but I just need to pay them $50 to renew mine :mrgreen:
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Wed 08 Jun 2016 4:45 pm

D-FIN wrote:I'd sit in(or help out) for a refresher but I just need to pay them $50 to renew mine :mrgreen:

You are welcome to join in. :thumbsup:

I will keep the fee as stated earlier in the thread. $75 for UCC members, and $100 for non UCCers. That doesn't include the fee you need to pay to the NRA to get certified. I believe the NRA fee is $30 if you are an NRA member, and $50 if you are not, for a 2 year certification. If you are planning on becoming an NRA member, you might as well do it before the class so that you can save the $20 on the certification fee. If you don't plan on being an NRA member, then pay the $50 fee. :thumbsup:
This is a long course, so we will be doing it on a Saturday. Probably start around 8 or 9am, and go until 5 or 6. You can bring a lunch if you like. There are also a few fast food places nearby, or a grocery store, if we end up at our place. I can order the student packets soon, but they can take 2-3 weeks to arrive. So the class will probably be about a month or so out, maybe less if things work out well. I'll talk to Mrs. Snurd and see what works.

Also, it would be nice if any of the people attending have guns that have different actions than I have would bring them. It's nice to learn on as many actions as possible. I have semi-auto rifles, SA/DA handguns, DAO handguns, SAO handguns, bolt action rifle, pump action shotgun... I think that's it.
Snurd
Posse

Postby dewittdj » Thu 09 Jun 2016 8:57 pm

Wahsatch and many of the local ranges are mostly concerned with teaching you the site (range) specific safety rules (operations, restrictions, uses, reporting, etc.) and the range administrative rules (memberships, fees, accounting, scheduling, clubs, discounts, etc.). They often ignore and in some cases are ignorant of General Safety rules such as inspections, range design, surface danger zones, impact areas, and operational risk management.

The NRA RSO course covers, in detail, NRA Gun Safety Rules, General Safety Rules (apply to all ranges), site specific rules, and administrative rules.

Ranges that use NRA certified RSOs generally are safer and as a result, receive a substantial reduction in insurance costs if all of their range officials have current RSO certifications. Case in point, Cache Valley Public Shooting Range has one of the highest concentration of NRA certified RSOs in their range officer pool in the State of Utah, one of the safest operating records, and impact the DNR's annual insurance costs in a positive (cost reduction) way.

Other ranges try to compensate by having any of the trainers who use their ranges maintain a liability insurance policy naming the range as a co-insured on the policy (there's a legal term for it... it just escapes me for now.)

NRA Credentialing fees are as follows:

CREDENTIALING FEES
Non-NRA members: All first-time instructors, coaches, and Range Safety Officers pay a flat credentialing fee of $50 for a 2- year term. Additional ratings are added at a rate of $20 per rating. Renewals are $50 for a 2-year term regardless of how many ratings are being renewed.

NRA Member Benefit: credentialing fees are $30 for a 2- year term. Additional ratings are added at a rate of $10 per rating. Renewals are $30 for a 2-year term regardless of how many ratings are being renewed. 

Join or renew at the link in the signature and save on both.

Note: as they do every election year, the NRA is offering a life membership for $500.00 through NRA recruiters.
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Snurd » Mon 13 Jun 2016 4:12 pm

One more ping to see if anyone is interested. So far I have Aad Geordie, CQB Marine, MichaelD, and a couple of others. I will be ordering the packets tonight, so if you want to join in, please post it here.
Snurd
Posse

Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby Snurd » Mon 13 Jun 2016 9:38 pm

Packets have been purchased. I ordered 6 just in case we get one more person.

We need to set up a date that works for everyone. It might take a couple weeks for the student packets to arrive. It's possible they will arrive within a week, but probably not. So July 2nd will most likely be the first Saturday we can do it. That may not work since it's a holiday weekend, but I'm fine with it. The 9th does not work for me. I think any other Saturday in July should be fine.

If needed, and everyone agrees, we could split the class into two days. Maybe a Friday night, then Saturday morning. For anyone traveling a ways, that would be sucky, but I've had to do that to get certifications before.

For those listed above that will be attending, please PM your contact info to me so I can get you the address and my contact info as well.

Here is the info the NRA requests for the course reports. Name and email is needed, but the other stuff is optional.

-Name
-Phone
-Address
-Email

Again, just PM me the info. The NRA gets the info, but nobody else.
Snurd
Posse

Postby CQBMarine » Tue 14 Jun 2016 7:31 am

My vote would be all day Saturday. Be easier in guys traveling and not have to worry about booking the venue (don't know where it'll be held) for two days. My vote would also be the 16th or 30th of July, since the 23rd is "a holiday weekend" also. Either way, I'm ready for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CQBMarine
'Never above you, Never below you, Always besides you'

NRA Life Member, NRA RSO, NRA Pistol Instructor

USMC 0341/ SGT
2006-2015
(CQB team member, SOTG Breacher, Combat Marksmanship Trainer, Combat Marksmanship Coach, USMC Basic Instructor)
CQBMarine
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Tue 14 Jun 2016 10:12 am

CQBMarine wrote:My vote would be all day Saturday. Be easier in guys traveling and not have to worry about booking the venue (don't know where it'll be held) for two days. My vote would also be the 16th or 30th of July, since the 23rd is "a holiday weekend" also. Either way, I'm ready for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With just 5 or 6 people we can do it at my house. More than that wouldn't fit comfortably in one room.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Tue 14 Jun 2016 6:20 pm

Looks like the student packets will be here Tuesday 6-21-2016. So we could do June 25th, July 2nd, 16th, 23rd, or 30th. Sounds like the earlier the better for some peeps, due to being out of town.
Snurd
Posse

Postby Aad Geordie » Tue 14 Jun 2016 7:55 pm

Snurd,

When and how do you want payment?

Regarding dates, not sure if you're aware (or it's a factor) but 6/25 is also moyler's "Close Range Integrated Knife and Handgun Class" class. I haven't signed up for that class, as yet, so I could still do 6/25 but I'm not sure if any others in your group may have signed up for it.
I think all of the dates you mentioned are okay for me—as we get further out it is less of a known quantity.

Cheers,
Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Tue 14 Jun 2016 8:38 pm

Aad Geordie wrote:Snurd,

When and how do you want payment?

Regarding dates, not sure if you're aware (or it's a factor) but 6/25 is also moyler's "Close Range Integrated Knife and Handgun Class" class. I haven't signed up for that class, as yet, so I could still do 6/25 but I'm not sure if any others in your group may have signed up for it.
I think all of the dates you mentioned are okay for me—as we get further out it is less of a known quantity.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Cash, Google Wallet (has an app), Square Cash (has an app and is easy to set up), or I can send you a Square invoice and you can pay online.
Snurd
Posse

Postby MichaelD » Tue 14 Jun 2016 9:41 pm

My vote is for the 16th, 23rd, or 30th.
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Any interest in a RSO course?

Postby Snurd » Tue 14 Jun 2016 9:52 pm

Square Cash does a promo where if you use a certain code, the sender and receiver each get $5 on the one transaction. It has to be a transfer of $50 or more, but since the class is $75, that's no problemo.

Try the Cash app using my code and we’ll each get $5! MXMKGFG
[url=cash.me/app/MXMKGFG]Square Cash link[/url]
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Thu 16 Jun 2016 8:34 pm

Looks like July 30th works for most people. So we will set that as the date for the RSO class. Start time at 8:30am. Plan on 9 hours, so we should be done by 5:30pm.

You are welcome to bring a lunch and snacks if you like. There are also some fast food places close by if you would rather do that. Also a grocery store.

For those attending who have not done so, please PM me this info that the NRA requests:

-Name
-Phone
-Address
-Email
-NRA member # or Instructor #

Payment can be made as early as you want, but it needs to be made at the latest by the start of the class on July 30th.

Any questions, you are welcome to PM me.
Snurd
Posse

Re: Any interest in a RSO course? *JULY 30TH*

Postby Snurd » Mon 20 Jun 2016 4:45 pm

Packets came a day early. :thumbsup: Not that it really matters, since the class is over a month away. :lol2:
Snurd
Posse

PreviousNext

Return to Training Center