Next NRA range officer class?

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Next NRA range officer class?

Postby metalgimp » Thu 02 Jul 2015 11:36 am

A cop and I would like to take an NRA range officer course within the next 6 weeks. Anyone know of one?
metalgimp
Novice

Re: Next NRA range officer class?

Postby Snurd » Thu 02 Jul 2015 12:53 pm

You can always check on here to see when classes are. The next class on the NRA site is 7/31, but it's $145 per person.

If you don't mind being my guinea pigs I can set one up for you. $75 for UCCers and $100 for others. Getting 6-10 people would be nice. I know of 2 that want to take it, but it depends on where we would hold it for them to be there.

It takes around 2 weeks or so to get the materials from the NRA. The classes are 9 hours long, so a Saturday would probably be the best day to do it.

Let me know if you are interested.
Snurd
Posse

Postby quychang » Thu 02 Jul 2015 6:45 pm

I would drive to south Salt Lake (ISH) assuming it was a Sat I that isn't tied up with dog stuff.

Mel
The last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, but it's on the list...
quychang
Sniper

Postby dewittdj » Fri 03 Jul 2015 12:02 pm

NRA RSO training for BSA Adults doesn't pick back up until September. It is a very inexpensive way to obtain NRA certifications if you are involved with BSA Youth Shooting Sports.

Requirements: 2 year commitment to work with BSA Shooting Sports activities in your Council [Signed letter of commitment between you and the Shooting Sports Council].
Current Youth Protection Certification [online through the BSA].

Trapper Trails Council Schedule - 2015 RSO Training (remaining calendar year 2015):
September 12 Ogden
October 10 Cache
November 14 Ogden

I teach NRA courses, on demand, but I don't want to undercut any of the current offerings that you see here.
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Return to Training Center