Bad Fingerprints and Revoked Permits

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Bad Fingerprints and Revoked Permits

Postby RustyShackleford » Fri 21 Aug 2015 2:31 pm

So What's up with the Fingerprints (cards) being rejected? Is this due to (untrained in fingerprinting) CFP instructors taking and sending in bad prints?

Utah Revokes Concealed Carry Permits (because of bad) Fingerprints
http://bearingarms.com/utah-revokes-concealed-carry-permits-screwing-fingerprints/?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=
Utah state officials are revoking concealed weapons permits this year at almost record rates because of unreadable fingerprints.

The state has revoked 399 concealed weapons permits through June. That’s more than any of the final-year totals going back to 2012, The Salt Lake Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/1NhOuu0 ).

The increase in revocations is because of a new state rule that calls for permits to be pulled or suspended if there are unreadable fingerprints in the file, said Jason Chapman, a firearms supervisor with the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification. Previously, the state waited for a person’s permit to run out and just get new fingerprints when the person submitted a new application.

“It’s not necessarily that the person did anything bad if we’re taking their permit away. We just couldn’t complete background checks,” Chapman said.

Eight out of 10 of the rejections this year are for that reason......more.

When I took mine the instructor had a trained person doing this, later when I applied for an AZ permit I spent the $10 at the local PD. She (trained) was meticulous and made sure all the required points they look for and need (on every print) were clear.

Also I always though BCI checked the cards and demanded new ones if questionable, before they sent them off to FBI or issued the permit.
If you consider yourself an American, and are not yet on a government watchlist...You're Not Trying.
RustyShackleford
Sniper

Re: Bad Fingerprints and Revoked Permits

Postby D-FIN » Fri 21 Aug 2015 3:58 pm

I think that the story is probably nothing new and not worth telling. The more applications processed the more chances there are for a bad set of prints and more are rejected. somebody just decided to make it a talking point and write an article on it to make it sound like somehow maybe something was wrong.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Return to Training Center