2016 UCC Annual FREE Concealed Carry Class

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Postby D-FIN » Tue 29 Sep 2015 4:39 pm

So I am hoping I am not jumping the gun here but how early do we need to secure a venue?

I think last year our turnout had a bit to do with scheduling close thanksgiving.

If we want to get Lee Kay's room do we have a better chance now vs later?
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Re: 2016 UCC Annual FREE Concealed Carry Class

Postby Snurd » Wed 30 Sep 2015 1:23 pm

D-FIN wrote:So I am hoping I am not jumping the gun here but how early do we need to secure a venue?

I think last year our turnout had a bit to do with scheduling close thanksgiving.

If we want to get Lee Kay's room do we have a better chance now vs later?

It's probably good to do it as soon as possible. That way we can get the date we want. Dewittdj is the lead instructor for these, hopefully he will notice this thread soon.
Snurd
Posse

Postby UCChris » Fri 02 Oct 2015 3:16 pm

There is a teacher at the school I work at that would love to attend.
UCChris
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Fri 02 Oct 2015 9:07 pm

I sent dewittdj a PM with a link to this thread. Hopefully he can get away from the raccoons long enough to read it. :nilly:

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby dewittdj » Mon 05 Oct 2015 6:54 pm

I haven't had an opportunity to check with Lee Kay for availability of their classroom. I'll check with them on Wednesday of this week.

Timeframe will be the earliest available Saturday in November.

The size of the student body will be limited by the number of volunteers willing to assist with registering, fingerprinting, photographing students as well as instructing and safety during the range time.

If you are a new instructor who wants to have an opportunity to improve your fingerprinting skills, then this is a great opportunity for your to get free, hands on training on a number of student candidates under the guidance of seasoned instructors.

PM me if you are interested in assisting with any of the following:

Volunteers needed:
Greeter/director: 1 volunteer (verifies registration and provides students with instructions - ID,
Camera/photographer: 1 volunteer
Photocopy IDs: 1 volunteer
Fingerprinting: 2-4 volunteers
Range Safety Officer: 2
Pistol Instructors (range): 3-4
Last edited by dewittdj on Mon 05 Oct 2015 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Snurd » Mon 05 Oct 2015 7:10 pm

I could probably do any Saturday in November except for the 7th.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby dewittdj » Mon 05 Oct 2015 7:11 pm

For planning purposes:

Volunteers needed:
Greeter/director: 1 volunteer (verifies registration and provides students with instructions - ID,
Camera/photographer: 1 volunteer
Photocopy IDs: 1 volunteer
Fingerprinting: 2-4 volunteers
Range Safety Officer: 2
Pistol Instructors (range): 3-4

What: 4th Annual UCC CFP Class
When: TBD
Where: The Lee Kay Public Shooting Center, classroom ??? : http://wildlife.utah.gov/lee-kay-shooting-center.html
6000 W 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84128
(801) 972-1326
Map: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Lee+Ka ... 6364?hl=en

NO STUDENT FIREARMS or AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM!!!
STUDENTS - PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIREARM AND AMMO LOCKED IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL TOLD TO TAKE THEM TO THE FIRING RANGE IN THE AFTERNOON.

Training curriculum that will be covered can be downloaded here: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/docume ... 262014.pdf

Cost: $5.00 Range Fee + 50 rounds of ammo for your handgun (supplied by you, the student) + $39.00 due upon submission of the completed application package that you'll receive on the day of the training. You have 1 year to submit this package to the Utah Department of Public Safety, Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI). If you choose to have me submit your package for you, then you'll need to have a check for $39.00 or credit card on the day of the training.

STUDENTS - PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIREARM AND AMMO LOCKED IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL TOLD TO TAKE THEM TO THE FIRING RANGE IN THE AFTERNOON.

Students must preregister online for the class at: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/42608736346965
Class size limited to the first 25 students who sign up.

Registration is now OPEN!

You must pre-register online for the course: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/42608736346965
Class size is limited to the first 25 students to sign up.
Registration will close on 20 November 2014. No registrations will be accepted after 20 Nov 2014.

Each student will have to pay a $5.00 range fee (required by the Lee Kay).

Requirements:

1. Photo ID (driver license, military ID, federal or state government ID, passport, etc.).
2. Photo copy of ID.
3. Must pay a $5.00 range fee. Please bring exact amount.
4. Must be able to possess a firearm (meeting Federal and State regulations). If you answered [Yes] to any of the questions on the registration and had a felony conviction as a result of the violation, then chances are that you are NOT allowed to possess a firearm or ammunition. PM me if in doubt.
5. Must be willing to stay for the entire duration of the class and range.
6. Encouraged to bring a handgun and 50 rounds of ammunition for the live fire range exercise. Note: Do not bring your handgun or ammo into the classroom. Leave it secured in your vehicle until the live fire exercise commences (1400 or 2:00 p.m., whichever comes first).
7. No drugs, alcohol, or contraband allowed.

A $5.00 range will be collected upon arrival at the range. Please bring the exact amount.

Volunteers Needed!!!

Lee Kay has had a change in management and one of the changes impacts the time that they'll open their doors. They now open at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays. I asked to be allowed into the classroom to start setting things up prior to opening and the new manager said "No. No one is allowed in before 9:00 a.m."

This means that we'll be pressed for time. We'll need approximately 6 hours (4 hours classroom, 1/2 hour lunch, 1 1/2 hours range time) plus whatever setup time is needed.
Last edited by dewittdj on Fri 23 Oct 2015 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Snurd » Mon 05 Oct 2015 7:35 pm

I checked the other day, and it looks like the fee for BCI is now $39. I just checked it again to confirm. You can find that on the permit application.

CFP Application Linkypants
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Tue 06 Oct 2015 12:29 am

Ya but Beth and the new manager are buds. Don't know if that will make difference but it might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Tue 06 Oct 2015 12:33 am

Oh and I volunteer to fill whatever is needed. I can help RSO or whatever. I can't bend and move to do fingerprintting well but can assist in administrative help there. Can also help with photos or wherever needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby quychang » Tue 06 Oct 2015 10:47 am

I have a niece that's looking to take the class if it falls on a weekend she can make it. As last year, I'll most likely attend, make comments from the peanut gallery etc. I could be available to fill in for taking pictures, photocopying, or greeting. I do have issues being on my feet for too long at any given time, but can probably deal with it if needed.

Mel
The last thing I want to do is shoot anyone, but it's on the list...
quychang
Sniper

Postby Luv10mm » Tue 06 Oct 2015 10:50 am

So, Dewitt, can we use that old link to pre-register for the class now? Or do we need to wait a bit and you will provide a new link?
Luv10mm
Expert Marksman

Postby dewittdj » Tue 06 Oct 2015 1:42 pm

Luv10mm wrote:So, Dewitt, can we use that old link to pre-register for the class now? Or do we need to wait a bit and you will provide a new link?

I'll update the link as soon as I have a confirmed date. It will reject any signups before that activation. You, the user won't know the signup was rejected at the time it rejects the application.
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby D-FIN » Tue 06 Oct 2015 6:57 pm

Beth says she will talk to the Manager and see if there are any options.

Edited to protect the innocent...... :thumbsup:
Last edited by D-FIN on Wed 07 Oct 2015 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby dewittdj » Tue 06 Oct 2015 8:19 pm

Snurd wrote:I checked the other day, and it looks like the fee for BCI is now $39. I just checked it again to confirm. You can find that on the permit application.
CFP Application Linkypants

Duly noted. :thumbsup:
dewittdj
Top Shot

Next

Return to Training Center