Utah Guns Forum banner

2016 UCC Annual FREE Concealed Carry Class

18K views 39 replies 8 participants last post by  dewittdj 
#1 ·
So I am hoping I am not jumping the gun here but how early do we need to secure a venue?

I think last year our turnout had a bit to do with scheduling close thanksgiving.

If we want to get Lee Kay's room do we have a better chance now vs later?

#5 ·
I haven't had an opportunity to check with Lee Kay for availability of their classroom. I'll check with them on Wednesday of this week.

Timeframe will be the earliest available Saturday in November.

The size of the student body will be limited by the number of volunteers willing to assist with registering, fingerprinting, photographing students as well as instructing and safety during the range time.

If you are a new instructor who wants to have an opportunity to improve your fingerprinting skills, then this is a great opportunity for your to get free, hands on training on a number of student candidates under the guidance of seasoned instructors.

PM me if you are interested in assisting with any of the following:

Volunteers needed:
Greeter/director: 1 volunteer (verifies registration and provides students with instructions - ID,
Camera/photographer: 1 volunteer
Photocopy IDs: 1 volunteer
Fingerprinting: 2-4 volunteers
Range Safety Officer: 2
Pistol Instructors (range): 3-4

#7 ·
For planning purposes:

Volunteers needed:
Greeter/director: 1 volunteer (verifies registration and provides students with instructions - ID,
Camera/photographer: 1 volunteer
Photocopy IDs: 1 volunteer
Fingerprinting: 2-4 volunteers
Range Safety Officer: 2
Pistol Instructors (range): 3-4

What: 4th Annual UCC CFP Class
When: TBD
Where: The Lee Kay Public Shooting Center, classroom ??? : http://wildlife.utah.gov/lee-kay-shooting-center.html
6000 W 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84128
(801) 972-1326
Map: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Lee+Ka ... 6364?hl=en

NO STUDENT FIREARMS or AMMUNITION ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM!!!
STUDENTS - PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIREARM AND AMMO LOCKED IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL TOLD TO TAKE THEM TO THE FIRING RANGE IN THE AFTERNOON.

Training curriculum that will be covered can be downloaded here: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/docume ... 262014.pdf

Cost: $5.00 Range Fee + 50 rounds of ammo for your handgun (supplied by you, the student) + $39.00 due upon submission of the completed application package that you'll receive on the day of the training. You have 1 year to submit this package to the Utah Department of Public Safety, Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI). If you choose to have me submit your package for you, then you'll need to have a check for $39.00 or credit card on the day of the training.

STUDENTS - PLEASE LEAVE YOUR FIREARM AND AMMO LOCKED IN YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL TOLD TO TAKE THEM TO THE FIRING RANGE IN THE AFTERNOON.

Students must preregister online for the class at: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/42608736346965
Class size limited to the first 25 students who sign up.

Registration is now OPEN!

You must pre-register online for the course: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/42608736346965
Class size is limited to the first 25 students to sign up.
Registration will close on 20 November 2014. No registrations will be accepted after 20 Nov 2014.

Each student will have to pay a $5.00 range fee (required by the Lee Kay).

Requirements:

1. Photo ID (driver license, military ID, federal or state government ID, passport, etc.).
2. Photo copy of ID.
3. Must pay a $5.00 range fee. Please bring exact amount.
4. Must be able to possess a firearm (meeting Federal and State regulations). If you answered [Yes] to any of the questions on the registration and had a felony conviction as a result of the violation, then chances are that you are NOT allowed to possess a firearm or ammunition. PM me if in doubt.
5. Must be willing to stay for the entire duration of the class and range.
6. Encouraged to bring a handgun and 50 rounds of ammunition for the live fire range exercise. Note: Do not bring your handgun or ammo into the classroom. Leave it secured in your vehicle until the live fire exercise commences (1400 or 2:00 p.m., whichever comes first).
7. No drugs, alcohol, or contraband allowed.

A $5.00 range will be collected upon arrival at the range. Please bring the exact amount.

Volunteers Needed!!!

Lee Kay has had a change in management and one of the changes impacts the time that they'll open their doors. They now open at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays. I asked to be allowed into the classroom to start setting things up prior to opening and the new manager said "No. No one is allowed in before 9:00 a.m."

This means that we'll be pressed for time. We'll need approximately 6 hours (4 hours classroom, 1/2 hour lunch, 1 1/2 hours range time) plus whatever setup time is needed.

#10 ·
Oh and I volunteer to fill whatever is needed. I can help RSO or whatever. I can't bend and move to do fingerprintting well but can assist in administrative help there. Can also help with photos or wherever needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I have a niece that's looking to take the class if it falls on a weekend she can make it. As last year, I'll most likely attend, make comments from the peanut gallery etc. I could be available to fill in for taking pictures, photocopying, or greeting. I do have issues being on my feet for too long at any given time, but can probably deal with it if needed.

Mel

#13 ·
Luv10mm said:
So, Dewitt, can we use that old link to pre-register for the class now? Or do we need to wait a bit and you will provide a new link?
I'll update the link as soon as I have a confirmed date. It will reject any signups before that activation. You, the user won't know the signup was rejected at the time it rejects the application.

#16 ·
Do we have a Date to tell people yet? My oldest son and his wife I hope will be attending but it will depend on the date. Also have a a few neighbors interested.

#18 ·
I would like to be part of the class to receive the CCW but if it comes down to it I'll volunteer to make sure the class happens for others!

#19 ·
dewittdj said:
Tentative date is 21 November 2015. I have to confirm with Lee Kay tomorrow.

Haven't had much feedback from folks willing to volunteer. May be related to the lack of a firm date as of yet.
I think the 7th is the only day that isn't good for me. Any other day and I'll be there for whatever you need me to do.

Sent from iSnurd

#20 ·
I would be very happy to help out with anything menial!
Meet n greet, sign-in, photos, copying licenses, anything administrative.
Can't do fingerprints and I'm not an RSO but anything else needed, I'm willing.

I can do any of the dates. If it's the 14th I'd probably have to leave a little before the end of the range session but I guess most of the work is done by then.

Hope we have better weather this year :roll:

Cheers,
Geoff.

#24 ·
Very awesome! What volunteer spots still need to be filled? I'm able to do anything but RSO and probably not fingerprints (not sure if you have to be certified for it or not).

#25 ·
CQBMarine said:
Very awesome! What volunteer spots still need to be filled? I'm able to do anything but RSO and probably not fingerprints (not sure if you have to be certified for it or not).
Thanks! It's willing volunteers like yourself that has made this event a success for the past three years running. I appreciate your support! :thumbsup:
Show up and we'll use you wherever you like or train you to do what we need done, e.g. fingerprinting, photocopying, signing folks in, photographing, setting up, tearing down, etc.
I'll be there around 8:00 a.m. waiting to get in the door ASAP to start setting up and can use whatever help is available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.