4th Annual UCC CFP Class 21 Nov 2015

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: 4th Annual UCC CFP Class 21 Nov 2015

Postby Snurd » Sun 22 Nov 2015 10:10 am

Doctor Jenks wrote:
Snurd wrote:
dewittdj wrote:Did Tracy wear anything today that didn't say NRA instructor??? :wink:

The gun apron, and a Glock. :)

Sent from iSnurd

Wow, that was it? where did you get the NRA underwear?

I can't give away all my secrets. :wink:

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby dewittdj » Sun 22 Nov 2015 12:03 pm

Doctor Jenks wrote:
Snurd wrote:
dewittdj wrote:Did Tracy wear anything today that didn't say NRA instructor??? :wink:

The gun apron, and a Glock. :)
Sent from iSnurd

Wow, that was it? where did you get the NRA underwear?

Hand-embroidered... that's why he was walking so funny... :ROFL:
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby dewittdj » Sun 22 Nov 2015 12:05 pm

CQBMarine wrote:Thank you all for having me. First event for me and I can't say that I could have imagined it going any better. You all are awesome and Dewittdj you put on a fantastic class especially with everyone else's input. (If you didn't notice, I doubled as a student and volunteer since we had so many open spots ;) ).
Hope to see you all again soon!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't aware of the dual role (student/volunteer) until I was going through all of the paperwork last evening... Sneaky!!! :wink:
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Doctor Jenks » Sun 22 Nov 2015 1:11 pm

I think he has another pair that is bedazzled. :ROFL:
M&P 40 Pro
Doctor Jenks
Sharp Shooter

Postby dewittdj » Sun 22 Nov 2015 7:19 pm

Doctor Jenks wrote:I think he has another pair that is bedazzled. :ROFL:

Ouch!!! Rhinestones could be a bit uncomfortable...
:wink:
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby CQBMarine » Sun 22 Nov 2015 8:20 pm

Ya I figured since we were 11 short I might as well do it since I don't have a UT one yet. Hope you don't mind.
Those rhinestone bedazzled ones would get pretty uncomfortable but I'm sure that's what the ladies like lol

CQBMarine
'Never above you, Never below you, Always besides you'

NRA Life Member, NRA RSO, NRA Pistol Instructor

USMC 0341/ SGT
2006-2015
(CQB team member, SOTG Breacher, Combat Marksmanship Trainer, Combat Marksmanship Coach, USMC Basic Instructor)
CQBMarine
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Sun 22 Nov 2015 9:01 pm

dewittdj wrote:
Doctor Jenks wrote:I think he has another pair that is bedazzled. :ROFL:

Ouch!!! Rhinestones could be a bit uncomfortable...
:wink:

I think you know now where the Rhinestone Cowboy comes from. :shock:
And no, it's not me.
Snurd
Posse

Postby D-FIN » Mon 23 Nov 2015 11:28 am

CQBMarine wrote:Ya I figured since we were 11 short I might as well do it since I don't have a UT one yet. Hope you don't mind.
Those rhinestone bedazzled ones would get pretty uncomfortable but I'm sure that's what the ladies like lol

You sure those are not chocolate diamonds?
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby dewittdj » Mon 23 Nov 2015 10:26 pm

All of the packages, left with me were turned in and accepted by BCI for processing today. ~45 days from now the permits should begin arriving! Good luck! Anyone receiving a notice that the fingerprints were rejected can contact me to arrange a time to redo the prints for free.
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby dewittdj » Sun 29 Nov 2015 12:41 pm

NRA Course Report submitted. Tracy, Dustin, Beth, and Chris listed as assisting NRA instructors. Course submitted as Non-NRA: Other:
Course date: 20151121

6000 West 2100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84128

Course: Concealed Firearms Permit (CFP) Course - State of Utah - Department of Public Safety - BCI

To teach to the State's minimum training standard for the Concealed Firearms Permit (CFP) Course via classroom instruction consisting of 4 hours of classroom instruction and a live fire range exercise. In addition to this minimum training requirement, photographs, fingerprinting, application forms completion and a live fire exercise on the pistol range are included. All applicants must complete general familiarity instruction with the types of firearms to be concealed. General familiarity includes training in Utah Code, Annotated (U.C.A.) § 53-5-704(7) (a) i and ii. Upon completion of the course the student will have been exposed to:
1. THE SAFE LOADING, UNLOADING, STORAGE, AND CARRYING OF THE TYPES OF FIREARMS TO BE CONCEALED.
2. CURRENT LAWS DEFINING LAWFUL SELF-DEFENSE, USE OF FORCE BY PRIVATE CITIZENS, INCLUDING USE OF DEADLY FORCE, TRANSPORTATION, AND CONCEALMENT.
3. LIVE FIRE EXERCISE, DEMONSTRATING THE STUDENT'S ABILITY TO SAFELY LOAD, UNLOAD, AND ACCURATELY FIRE THEIR HANDGUN OF CHOICE AT A TARGET AT A RANGE OF 15 YARDS.
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Snurd » Sun 29 Nov 2015 2:00 pm

dewittdj wrote:NRA Course Report submitted. Tracy, Dustin, Beth, and Chris listed as assisting NRA instructors. Course submitted as Non-NRA: Other:
Course date: 20151121

6000 West 2100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84128

Course: Concealed Firearms Permit (CFP) Course - State of Utah - Department of Public Safety - BCI

To teach to the State's minimum training standard for the Concealed Firearms Permit (CFP) Course via classroom instruction consisting of 4 hours of classroom instruction and a live fire range exercise. In addition to this minimum training requirement, photographs, fingerprinting, application forms completion and a live fire exercise on the pistol range are included. All applicants must complete general familiarity instruction with the types of firearms to be concealed. General familiarity includes training in Utah Code, Annotated (U.C.A.) § 53-5-704(7) (a) i and ii. Upon completion of the course the student will have been exposed to:
1. THE SAFE LOADING, UNLOADING, STORAGE, AND CARRYING OF THE TYPES OF FIREARMS TO BE CONCEALED.
2. CURRENT LAWS DEFINING LAWFUL SELF-DEFENSE, USE OF FORCE BY PRIVATE CITIZENS, INCLUDING USE OF DEADLY FORCE, TRANSPORTATION, AND CONCEALMENT.
3. LIVE FIRE EXERCISE, DEMONSTRATING THE STUDENT'S ABILITY TO SAFELY LOAD, UNLOAD, AND ACCURATELY FIRE THEIR HANDGUN OF CHOICE AT A TARGET AT A RANGE OF 15 YARDS.

Awesome. Thanks again for a great class Dave! :dancing:
Snurd
Posse

Postby Luv10mm » Mon 30 Nov 2015 8:36 am

Just wanted to thank everyone involved in the CFP class Nov 21. My wife said she had a great time and that everyone treated her well. She has some shooting experience, but any time she has a fun shooting experience, that's a big deal in my book. Especially when she can focus on the firearms, and not have to worry about kids running around.

Thanks again. My wife is stoked to get her permit. She was bummed when I told her it wouldn't arrive before Thanksgiving, cause she wanted to conceal carry to show her family. :crown:
Luv10mm
Expert Marksman

Postby dewittdj » Tue 01 Dec 2015 8:15 pm

Luv10mm wrote:Just wanted to thank everyone involved in the CFP class Nov 21. My wife said she had a great time and that everyone treated her well. She has some shooting experience, but any time she has a fun shooting experience, that's a big deal in my book. Especially when she can focus on the firearms, and not have to worry about kids running around.

Thanks again. My wife is stoked to get her permit. She was bummed when I told her it wouldn't arrive before Thanksgiving, cause she wanted to conceal carry to show her family. :crown:

Glad she enjoyed it and had a good time! The weather on the range was almost perfect.
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby D-FIN » Wed 02 Dec 2015 3:16 pm

dewittdj wrote:
Luv10mm wrote:Just wanted to thank everyone involved in the CFP class Nov 21. My wife said she had a great time and that everyone treated her well. She has some shooting experience, but any time she has a fun shooting experience, that's a big deal in my book. Especially when she can focus on the firearms, and not have to worry about kids running around.

Glad she enjoyed it and had a good time! The weather on the range was almost perfect.

She got some good one on one training with Snurd and seemed pretty excited.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Wed 02 Dec 2015 7:54 pm

D-FIN wrote:
dewittdj wrote:

She got some good one on one training with Snurd and seemed pretty excited.

If she is the one that stayed for the extra training, then I guess Luv10mm is married to someone that really wants a suppressor now. :D
Snurd
Posse

PreviousNext

Return to Training Center