BLM Spots Near Clearfield

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

BLM Spots Near Clearfield

Postby Bill801 » Sun 20 Dec 2015 4:25 pm

I've gotten used to practicing out in the open vs. a square range over the past 10 years or so.

I've got nothing against standard ranges, mind you, but I just prefer to be able to move and shoot during certain drills if I feel like it.

Any "trash" I shoot is limited to water filled milk jugs which leave with me (as well as any expended brass/shells, etc), as I'm a firm believer in leaving a place as clean if not a bit cleaner than I find it. :thumbsup:

Are there any open areas near Clearfield, out to about a 25 mile radius?

Thanks for any assistance.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." ~Unkown
Bill801
Novice

Re: BLM Spots Near Clearfield

Postby Zacharia » Sun 20 Dec 2015 7:15 pm

Up the Eden side of Avon (just a few switchbacks past the actual range) are lots of places... and lots of garbage left by shooters. It's seasonal though as the gates do get closed.
Zacharia
Sniper

Re: BLM Spots Near Clearfield

Postby Bill801 » Mon 21 Dec 2015 8:55 am

Zacharia wrote:Up the Eden side of Avon (just a few switchbacks past the actual range) are lots of places... and lots of garbage left by shooters. It's seasonal though as the gates do get closed.

Right on. Thanks for the heads up.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." ~Unkown
Bill801
Novice

Return to Training Center