2016 Mark & Brant's Firearms Training

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

2016 Mark & Brant's Firearms Training

Postby jfwright1955 » Sat 06 Feb 2016 11:01 am

I see Mark (Realworld PDS)) and Brant (Taylor Gunsmithing) have their 2016 firearms schedules posted, at least for the first half of the year. I've already signed up for the Next Steps, Advanced Handgun, Fighting Rifle, and Integrated Knife & Handgun classes. I know Bill (Roach) and likely Geoff (Aad Geordie) will attend. Just wondering if anyone else is planning on going?

As a repeat attendee, for me taking these classes is a great way to continue to hone my firearm skills, including identifying my weaknesses so I can work on them specifically, as well as helping commit things to muscle memory. If you haven't taken any formal training, Mark and Brant are both great instructors who really take the time to help individuals get the most out of their classes.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Re: 2016 Mark & Brant's Firearms Training

Postby D-FIN » Sat 06 Feb 2016 3:24 pm

I'd love to depending on timing health and money availability. I'd also love to get the wife to one. Just not sure I can't sign up already but i'll have to look into it though.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Sun 07 Feb 2016 8:50 am

Had a quick look for dates on the PDS site but I'm still seeing 2015 on there--couldn't see any 2016 dates.
I'll have another look later--just wanted to check my schedule right now.

I'll likely be there for anything offered, assuming no prior commitments :)

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Sun 07 Feb 2016 12:37 pm

Aad Geordie wrote:Had a quick look for dates on the PDS site but I'm still seeing 2015 on there--couldn't see any 2016 dates.
I'll have another look later--just wanted to check my schedule right now.

I'll likely be there for anything offered, assuming no prior commitments :)

Geoff.

Mark mentioned he was going to update his site this weekend, although it doesn't look like he's got it done yet. Brant's sites' been updated and shows the 2016 schedule. Look forward to seeing you there. :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby MichaelD » Sun 07 Feb 2016 12:50 pm

I'll be at the Advanced class and likely at least one more.
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby MarshallDodge » Sun 07 Feb 2016 10:06 pm

I should take the Advanced Handgun class this year.
Kirk
-Seconds count, misses don't-
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck
MarshallDodge
Sniper

Postby Roach » Mon 08 Feb 2016 2:05 pm

It's about time Spring got here! I'm in for all four of the classes so it looks like a great start of 2016.

Anyone thinking about training, this is a great place to get it. Come get used to your gear and guns, and get safe plus become much more confident in being with your weapon. I'm a repeat student, and believe in continuing education, we all need to stay fresh and fluid, learn new stuff, then practice it.

Countdown to March 19 Next Step . . .
Roach
Novice

Return to Training Center