2016 Realworld PDS Schedule

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

2016 Realworld PDS Schedule

Postby moyler » Wed 17 Feb 2016 9:41 am

We are very excited to hit the range this year! 2016 schedule is open for registration: http://www.realworldpds.com/Class-Information.html

First class of the year is our most popular: Next Step Defensive Pistol on March 19, 2016. Time to dust off the gear if you haven't already! ;)

Please shoot me a PM with any questions!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Re: 2016 Realworld PDS Schedule

Postby jfwright1955 » Tue 23 Feb 2016 6:43 pm

Well, you know that Bill, Geoff, and I have a standing invite and will be in attendance. Look forward to the official start of the 2016 firearms training season!
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Sun 28 Feb 2016 5:25 pm

Signed up :dancing:

I'll be providing my invaluable demonstrations of "how not to do it!".
Attendees please note that you too can have skills like mine... If you're not careful!
Anyone who want's to look good, just stand next to me :nilly:

These classes are excellent. This will be my fourth time at the Next Steps Pistol. I see no reason to stop attending. The level of instruction from Mark and Brant is not only incredibly high but they manage to make everything applicable to the wide variety of attendees usually present. For the inexperienced, such as myself, the opportunities to step up the learning curve and drink from the seemingly unending well of skills to be mastered are invaluable but the very experienced and expert attendees (of which there are always a few present) also seem to always be in agreement that they've learned or re-learned or just become more adept at the various drills and exercises undertaken in the class.

To be immersed in that kind of environment for a full day is worth a lot in of itself. Add in the camaraderie which is always present (in the 8 of this and similar of Mark and Brant's classes I've attended I've always felt I've been part of a great group of people) and the fact that, in addition to all the above, this is plain old fun!

For anyone reading this who hasn't been to one of these, I can recommend it thoroughly for anyone—old, young, female, male, inexperienced or expert. The environment and atmosphere is convivial, educational, unintimidating and, above all, SAFE!

Looking forward to meeting old and new friends on the 19th.
Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 29 Feb 2016 6:39 am

Linda, my wife, has now also signed up for the March 19 Next Steps class. She enjoyed it so much last year she wants to join us again this year.

Keep in mind, this is a fair-weather person who normally waits until May for guaranteed 70 degree, sunny days to take any class. So for Linda to chance it being cold or at cooler than her threshold temperature speaks volumes of what she things of the class, the instructors, and the camaraderie. She also said t's the best class for her to hone her skills and become comfortable again with her firearm after not shooting at all over winter, actually probably not since the last 70 degree day late last year.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Mon 29 Feb 2016 12:11 pm

Aad Geordie wrote:Signed up :dancing:

Attendees please note that you too can have skills like mine... If you're not careful!

These classes are excellent. This will be my fourth time at the Next Steps Pistol. I see no reason to stop attending. The level of instruction from Mark and Brant is not only incredibly high but they manage to make everything applicable to the wide variety of attendees usually present. For the inexperienced, such as myself, the opportunities to step up the learning curve and drink from the seemingly unending well of skills to be mastered are invaluable but the very experienced and expert attendees (of which there are always a few present) also seem to always be in agreement that they've learned or re-learned or just become more adept at the various drills and exercises undertaken in the class.

To be immersed in that kind of environment for a full day is worth a lot in of itself. Add in the camaraderie which is always present (in the 8 of this and similar of Mark and Brant's classes I've attended I've always felt I've been part of a great group of people) and the fact that, in addition to all the above, this is plain old fun!

For anyone reading this who hasn't been to one of these, I can recommend it thoroughly for anyone—old, young, female, male, inexperienced or expert. The environment and atmosphere is convivial, educational, unintimidating and, above all, SAFE!

Geoff.

Geoff, you must be the worst student ever. You take this class every chance you get and you just never learn anything. :dunno:

:grinningjester:
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 29 Feb 2016 12:13 pm

D-FIN wrote:
Aad Geordie wrote:Signed up :dancing:

Geoff.

Geoff, you must be the worst student ever. You take this class every chance you get and you just never learn anything. :dunno:

:spit:
I hope he does better with music.
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Mon 29 Feb 2016 3:42 pm

D-FIN wrote:Geoff, you must be the worst student ever. You take this class every chance you get and you just never learn anything. :dunno:

I have to make sure the bar stays low enough that you guys can feel good about yourselves... :P

(it's a dirty job but, you know....)

jfwright1955 wrote:I hope he does better with music.

Funny you should mention that—I almost didn't sign up for this class as I have a pretty demanding concert that night, and I normally don't like to do anything else the day-of, but I figured you guys might get despondent without the service I provide as specified above :beat:
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Mon 29 Feb 2016 4:00 pm

Aad Geordie wrote:Funny you should mention that—I almost didn't sign up for this class as I have a pretty demanding concert that night, and I normally don't like to do anything else the day-of, but I figured you guys might get despondent without the service I provide as specified above :beat:

All joking aside, glad you're going to be there for Next Steps, especially given your schedule. Looking forward to seeing you, Bill and the usual cohorts along with, hopefully, some new-comers. See you in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 18 Mar 2016 2:30 pm

I struck out with three fiends I was trying to get to sign up for this one.
So be it. I know I'll be benefitting from this class—again! Not to mention fresh air, beautiful scenery, and some good fun with a bunch of great folks!

And John & Bill—when I said beautiful scenery, I wasn't referring to you guys—before you start taking credit ;-)

What the temperature going to be like tomorrow? I guess look at Salt Lake and Park City and split the difference, eh?
Based on that it looks like starting around 30 ish and getting up to low 50s.

Layers, I guess—the answer to all conditions ;-)

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 18 Mar 2016 3:59 pm

Aad Geordie wrote:... Not to mention fresh air, beautiful scenery, and some good fun with a bunch of great folks! And John & Bill—when I said beautiful scenery, I wasn't referring to you guys—before you start taking credit ;-)

Well, you made me feel good in one sentence then slapped me down in the next. :crying:

Aad Geordie wrote:What the temperature going to be like tomorrow? I guess look at Salt Lake and Park City and split the difference, eh?
Based on that it looks like starting around 30 ish and getting up to low 50s.

Layers, I guess—the answer to all conditions ;-)

Geoff.

I think you're spot on regarding temperature range and layering. Linda's going to be joining us so given she's a fair-weather person the forecast for tomorrow has her stamp of approval. I think Sterling Poulson promised us not even a hint of a cloud. If there is I'm sure Linda will let him know his forecast was way off. :D

See you and the rest of our cohorts tomorrow. :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 18 Mar 2016 4:18 pm

jfwright1955 wrote:Well, you made me feel good in one sentence then slapped me down in the next. :crying:

Well, when you're approaching perfection, you have to have someone to keep you in line.
:ROFL:
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby moyler » Fri 18 Mar 2016 4:42 pm

:lolbang:
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Postby MichaelD » Fri 18 Mar 2016 5:23 pm

Bad news, everyone. I just signed up to attend. :cool:
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Fri 18 Mar 2016 6:58 pm

Wish I could be there. Still rehabing some tendons in my foot and don't want to push it to much.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby punchking » Sun 20 Mar 2016 9:35 am

It was a great start to the training season. I will have to sign up for some more training. Maybe eventually I can actually start hitting the target.

Thanks for the fun, supportive and safe learning environment to all those that were there and especially the instructors.

Enoch
punchking
Novice

Next

Return to Training Center