2016 Realworld PDS Schedule

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: 2016 Realworld PDS Schedule

Postby Roach » Mon 21 Mar 2016 12:53 pm

What an awesome day at the range . . .

Our great instructors, Brant and Mark:

Some of the bad guys . . .

Steve and Brant:

Bill and John:

Michael and Martin:

Geoff:

John and Linda practicing defense. Or Linda showing us who is boss around their house!

Linda taking out the trash (Mr. Pink goes down).

Waiting their turn at the bad guys:

The group:

I'll make another post with an after action report, but rest assured it was a Great day, and I believe we all got plenty out of it. Good friends, and thank you all.

Here are the full res images

http://postimg.org/gallery/1v38j9cvi/d6b4ecd3
Roach
Novice

Postby gskip33 » Fri 29 Apr 2016 9:14 pm

Just signed up for the advanced defensive pistol course! Got two friends coming with me! I've taken this class before and I would recommend it anyone here interested in learning how to better shoot.
Whoooooo!
gskip33
Sharp Shooter

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 29 Apr 2016 10:25 pm

I'll be signing up for the Rifle class next weekend. I did it for the first time last September and it was awesome.
Of course I've forgotten everything so I'll be the noobie again :noob:

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby MichaelD » Fri 29 Apr 2016 10:53 pm

I'll be there too, Geoff, so you won't be the only newbie.

Side note, can anyone recommend a good AR sling?
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Sat 30 Apr 2016 6:18 am

I'll be there as well. Got my supply of ammo from Freedom Munitions so I'm ready to go. See you next weekend! :D
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Sat 30 Apr 2016 6:32 am

MichaelD wrote:I'll be there too, Geoff, so you won't be the only newbie.

I have the Magpul MS3 Multi-Mission Single Point / 2 Point Sling with Push Button Swivel and really like it. It can be converted from a single- to a two-point sling in seconds. Some folks like single points, which I prefer, and some like a two point so this fits the bill for both.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Sat 30 Apr 2016 6:51 am

MichaelD wrote:can anyone recommend a good AR sling?

This is the one I got, specifically for the class last year:
http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling
Since I'm new to the whole 'Modern Sporting Rifle' scene, I went with a two-point sling because it seems to be a more "standard" approach. Not that it's necessarily better but seemed a good place to start. I have no points of reference, for comparison, but I was pleased with my purchase. It is comfortable (for me) and was very appropriate for the class. It seems to be very well manufactured.

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby moyler » Sun 01 May 2016 3:57 pm

MichaelD wrote:

Hi Michael. Some good suggestions so far. I would recommend a simple 2 point sling. I will bring a few different kinds, if you want to try them.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Sun 01 May 2016 7:06 pm

I've been watching a number of videos on the Savvy Sniper sling. I'm hoping to get one at some point. It's definitely not cheap, but it has some cool features.
Snurd
Posse

Postby MichaelD » Sun 01 May 2016 7:10 pm

moyler wrote:Hi Michael. Some good suggestions so far. I would recommend a simple 2 point sling. I will bring a few different kinds, if you want to try them.

That would be much appreciated, Mark.
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby Roach » Tue 03 May 2016 12:15 pm

Yikes and argh, I won't be able to make it. I have a family wedding reception that day so duty calls.

Especially argh as last year's rifle class was definitely tied for first in Best Classes Ever category.

I'll miss you all. Shoot well, learn a lot, and be safe.

Bill
Roach
Novice

Postby jfwright1955 » Tue 03 May 2016 12:32 pm

Roach wrote:Yikes and argh, I won't be able to make it. I have a family wedding reception that day so duty calls.

Especially argh as last year's rifle class was definitely tied for first in Best Classes Ever category.

I'll miss you all. Shoot well, learn a lot, and be safe.

Bill

Well, that's awfully inconsiderate for someone to plan a wedding on a firearms training day! :ROFL:

We'll lob a few rounds down range for you. Knowing you you'll be running through AR malfunction drills in your head during the reception. :wink:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Tue 03 May 2016 9:35 pm

Well, If Bill's not coming we need to borrow his rifle so that we can throw it down on the ground during the transition-to-pistol drill
:taz:

We'll miss you Bill!
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Wed 04 May 2016 6:04 am

Aad Geordie wrote:Well, If Bill's not coming we need to borrow his rifle so that we can throw it down on the ground during the transition-to-pistol drill
:taz:

We'll miss you Bill!

I was thinking the same thing! :spit:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby D-FIN » Wed 04 May 2016 11:32 am

Snurd wrote:

I've been watching a number of videos on the Savvy Sniper sling. I'm hoping to get one at some point. It's definitely not cheap, but it has some cool features.

I've kinda looked a bit at those myself. But I feel like I'm over thinking all the possibilities. I mostly want one that goes al the way around me :crown:

I want to do the rifle class but probably not a good idea til I at least get this boot off my foot and get some more healing time.
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

PreviousNext

Return to Training Center