2016 Realworld PDS Schedule

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: 2016 Realworld PDS Schedule

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 06 May 2016 5:12 am

Sorry, Geoff, I don't. I bet Brant and/or Mark will as I know they made mention of it while observing Gonzalo. Given my Magpul sling can be converted from single-point to two-point, and vise versa, in seconds I'll likely experiment a little more this time so I'll be eager to watch and learn as well.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby moyler » Fri 06 May 2016 4:32 pm

Guys, Bad news. We need to cancel our class. I noticed we were not on the PMAA schedule. I called to verify with Brant and apparently Dave had OK'd the date tomorrow, but it was already given to the Utah Polite Society, who has had the 1st Saturday of each month reserved there for the past 7 years.

We are terribly sorry about learning this news such short notice. We will offer refunds and a discount on future classes to try and make up for this scheduling error. Please call each other if you have #s so we can make sure everyone gets this information. I will send emails next.

Mark
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 06 May 2016 5:58 pm

moyler wrote:Guys, Bad news. We need to cancel our class. I noticed we were not on the PMAA schedule. I called to verify with Brant and apparently Dave had OK'd the date tomorrow, but it was already given to the Utah Polite Society, who has had the 1st Saturday of each month reserved there for the past 7 years.

We are terribly sorry about learning this news such short notice. We will offer refunds and a discount on future classes to try and make up for this scheduling error. Please call each other if you have #s so we can make sure everyone gets this information. I will send emails next.

Mark

I got a voicemail from Brant earlier to relay the bad news. Too bad. But, stuff happens. Just reschedule the class for a bright and sunny day over 70 degree day so I can try to entice Linda to join us. :wink:

If the Utah Polite Society has the range scheduled might they not be polite enough to let us join them for some fun? Wouldn't be polite to refuse us, right? :ROFL:

See you the week after (May 21) for the Advanced Pistol class.
Last edited by jfwright1955 on Mon 09 May 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby MichaelD » Fri 06 May 2016 7:11 pm

Bummer. Any chance of having the class rescheduled this year?
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 06 May 2016 8:30 pm

I feel really bad for Mark & Brant—they must be under some pressure to get the word out to everyone as I expect that not all are daily visitors to this forum. Hopefully the emails get the job done.
I'm wondering how Dave-the-range-guy managed to not see two things in the same box on his calendar—that sounds like a bit of an oops :oops:
The range should give Mark and Brant a free day to compensate.

I'd just finished packing all my gear too—was really looking forward to this one. I expect the range is booked out for Saturdays through the year now. I'd forego one of the pistol classes for a rifle class if there's one that's maybe not very well booked yet. I'd take a day's vacation to do one on a weekday but I realize that's not an option for everyone :(

Ah well, all this can be discussed when the dust settles—for right now I just hope that mark and Brant can get hold of everyone and don't have to go sit at the gate tomorrow morning.

One bit of good news is that I got info from Gonzalo on the sling technique—I'll post it later.

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Sat 07 May 2016 6:41 am

Well, my bags are packed and magazines loaded anyway so I'm heading to the WSA range this morning to burn off some ammo instead. :D

Along with my AR M&P 15 and M&P 15-22 I'll take along my full-size M&P's including .40S&W, 9mm and .357 Sig flavors. For good measure I'll also take along my M&P R8 .357 Mag. revolver. That should make me feel better about the class being cancelled. :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby moyler » Tue 10 May 2016 3:41 pm

MichaelD wrote:Bummer. Any chance of having the class rescheduled this year?

Thanks for understanding. Fortunately we were able to get ahold of all our shooters.

The next rifle class is August 20. Those that paid already and want to roll over the tuitions that is fine. Please contact me if you would prefer a refund. The August 20 class was scheduled as Fighting Rifle II, but class curricula will be modified as needed for all participants.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.realworldpds.com/
Suarez International Staff Instructor
www.suarezinternational.com
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol, PPIH Instructor, RSO
moyler
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Wed 11 May 2016 11:09 am

moyler wrote:
MichaelD wrote:Bummer. Any chance of having the class rescheduled this year?

Thanks for understanding. Fortunately we were able to get ahold of all our shooters.

The next rifle class is August 20. Those that paid already and want to roll over the tuitions that is fine. Please contact me if you would prefer a refund. The August 20 class was scheduled as Fighting Rifle II, but class curricula will be modified as needed for all participants.

Count me in for the hybrid classes I + II on August 20! :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby MichaelD » Wed 11 May 2016 10:19 pm

I'll definitely be there too, and might convince a couple of friends to come as well.
S&W M&P9
S&W M&P9c
pistol-training.com
The M&P Endurance Gun
Dr. Gary K. Roberts' list of recommended SD ammo

Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.
MichaelD
Sniper

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 20 May 2016 6:18 am

Other than the usual suspects (Bill, Geoff, et al) who else is attending Mark and Brant's Advanced Defensive Pistol class tomorrow (May 21, 2106)?
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 20 May 2016 9:16 pm

I'll be there—suspicious as always :shades:

Thought I'd better check my email tonight—just in case... :roll:

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 24 Jun 2016 1:24 pm

Anyone signed up for tomorrow's Knife and Handgun class?
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 24 Jun 2016 1:25 pm

Anyone signed up for tomorrow's Knife and Handgun class?
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Fri 24 Jun 2016 2:38 pm

I'm planning on being there. :thumbsup:
John
NRA RSO
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Fri 24 Jun 2016 2:59 pm

Just signed up.
Didn't think I was going to be able to do it until today.
See you there :D

Usual start time, I assume?

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

PreviousNext

Return to Training Center