5th Annual 2016 UCC Free CFP Course

Learn of places to obtain training. Carrying concealed is not enough. You must know how to use it. Ask questions about strategy and the best way to handle situations. CFP Instructors: Please feel free to post your contact information here so people can sign up for your courses.

Re: 5th Annual 2016 UCC Free CFP Course

Postby Snurd » Fri 18 Nov 2016 2:40 pm

dewittdj wrote:A blind student will be attending.

Anyone willing to assist with training a blind student to identify the nomenclature of revolvers and semi-autos as well as to assist with the drawing from holster steps (access, grip, pull, rotate, join, extend, fire [dry fire]) is more than welcomed to assist. The class will be conducted as normal, we'll just assign an astute NRA certified pistol instructor(s) to the student to assist with the nomenclature (parts of a pistol) as well as walk him through the draw from concealment exercise.

On the range, he will be shooting the same positions that everyone else will be. The pistol instructor(s) will be the "eyes", ensuring safe handling, just as you would with any inexperienced student.

I've taught blind students in the past and have never had an issue with any of them as far as safety goes. My last blind student hit 6 out of 8 plates on the plate rack.

Will there be revolvers available so we can teach the blind person about them?

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby dewittdj » Fri 18 Nov 2016 9:44 pm

Snurd wrote:
dewittdj wrote:A blind student will be attending.

Anyone willing to assist with training a blind student to identify the nomenclature of revolvers and semi-autos as well as to assist with the drawing from holster steps (access, grip, pull, rotate, join, extend, fire [dry fire]) is more than welcomed to assist. The class will be conducted as normal, we'll just assign an astute NRA certified pistol instructor(s) to the student to assist with the nomenclature (parts of a pistol) as well as walk him through the draw from concealment exercise.

On the range, he will be shooting the same positions that everyone else will be. The pistol instructor(s) will be the "eyes", ensuring safe handling, just as you would with any inexperienced student.

I've taught blind students in the past and have never had an issue with any of them as far as safety goes. My last blind student hit 6 out of 8 plates on the plate rack.

Will there be revolvers available so we can teach the blind person about them?

Sent from iSnurd

Yes.
Save $10-1yr: new or renewal:
3yr-$70, 5yr-$100, Life-$750
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI028543
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby D-FIN » Sat 19 Nov 2016 10:16 am

Class is going well.
[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161119/75cb9641b3c3caff8cf162807a5239d7.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You can't win the sheep over to your side if your always showing them your fangs.

NRA RSO
D-FIN
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Sat 19 Nov 2016 10:35 am

Those are some quality photos.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby Snurd » Sat 19 Nov 2016 4:05 pm

'''Twas a good class. Thanks DeWitt for putting it on. There were lots of helpers, so thank you everyone for assisting!

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby CQBMarine » Sat 19 Nov 2016 4:43 pm

Snurd wrote:'''Twas a good class. Thanks DeWitt for putting it on. There were lots of helpers, so thank you everyone for assisting!

Sent from iSnurd

I agree! Excellent class as always and a decent turn out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CQBMarine
'Never above you, Never below you, Always besides you'

NRA Life Member, NRA RSO, NRA Pistol Instructor

USMC 0341/ SGT
2006-2015
(CQB team member, SOTG Breacher, Combat Marksmanship Trainer, Combat Marksmanship Coach, USMC Basic Instructor)
CQBMarine
Marksman

Postby CQBMarine » Sat 19 Nov 2016 6:16 pm

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161120/b7a99267cce5268b2002b16395b8bd4a.jpg[/img]
Thanks Snurd for the photo shoot. The wife and "my friend" appreciate everything that was taught today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CQBMarine
'Never above you, Never below you, Always besides you'

NRA Life Member, NRA RSO, NRA Pistol Instructor

USMC 0341/ SGT
2006-2015
(CQB team member, SOTG Breacher, Combat Marksmanship Trainer, Combat Marksmanship Coach, USMC Basic Instructor)
CQBMarine
Marksman

Postby Snurd » Sat 19 Nov 2016 6:19 pm

Dang it. My photography skills have diminished. Your heads are still in the photo.

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby dewittdj » Sat 19 Nov 2016 10:29 pm

Thanks to all of the great volunteers:

John
Chris
Geoff
Steven
Tracy
Kira

...and any others that I may have missed. I know of at least one who helped out with setting up the range. You donated your time, money, talents, skills, humor, patience, dedication, and share your toys to make this another successful event.

Thanks to the Lee Kay staff, especially Blanche, whose willingness to support our requests always goes above and beyond.

Great class, great endeavor, fantastic results!!! Thanks to all!!!

I ended up with an exta "Stanley" chrome/stainless steel stapler. It was in my range kit when I unloaded things at home. Anyone missing a stapler?
Last edited by dewittdj on Sat 19 Nov 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby dewittdj » Sat 19 Nov 2016 10:34 pm

Great photos, D-Fin! Thanks for sharing!

Geoff, any chance we can see the photos that you shot outside? The ones you shot inside were great! Thanks for taking the extra time to capture the moments in digital medium!!!
dewittdj
Top Shot

Postby Snurd » Sun 20 Nov 2016 7:32 am

dewittdj wrote:
I ended up with an exta "Stanley" chrome/stainless steel stapler. It was in my range kit when I unloaded things at home. Anyone missing a stapler?

There were two staplers in your box when we started. I'm not sure the brands, but one hinged from the back, and one from the front. The latter was an all stainless stapler. John and I didn't add any staplers. Unless you took one off my desk.....

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

Postby jfwright1955 » Sun 20 Nov 2016 9:11 am

Great class and great camaraderie. And, of course, a great instructor and coordinator so kudos to Dave for putting together the class. Great job, Dave, and to all the volunteers! :thumbsup:

The stainless staple gun was already in the box, Dave, so hopefully you didn't acquire it through some straw purchase or other elicit means. Both staplers worked flawlessly, I might add, with no FTF's, FTE's, double-feeds, and no negligent discharges by the operators.

My only complaint is Tracy and Chris brought along their silencers for us to try. As a result they've collectively cost me $1600 as I liked both of them and want one of each. Well, hopefully, not exactly. I'm going to wait for Trump to take them off the list in his first 100 days and then buy mine at Walmart for $50 a piece on the bargain isle. That'll "save" me $1500 with which I can then buy my Ruger Precision Rifle (RPR) with, of course, it's own $50 silencer. :lol:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Aad Geordie » Sun 20 Nov 2016 9:21 am

dewittdj wrote:Geoff, any chance we can see the photos that you shot outside?
I'll try and get them up on Photobucket today. I didn't have time yesterday. If there are any outstanding ones (i.e. ones that Snurd wasn't in :grinningjester: ) I'll post small copies of them on the thread.

Geoff.
Aad Geordie
Marksman

Postby jfwright1955 » Sun 20 Nov 2016 9:23 am

Aad Geordie wrote:
I'll try and get them up on Photobucket today. I didn't have time yesterday. If there are any outstanding ones (i.e. ones that Snurd wasn't in :grinningjester: ) I'll post small copies of them on the thread.
Geoff.

That's how Snurd stays so slim... chasing around trying to photo bomb every picture. :spit:
John
NRA RSO
No one should make decisions for us when it comes to guns and gun carry. If we do things we're not comfortable with because someone told us it's 'right' it becomes a distraction in an event where clarity and simplicity is needed.
jfwright1955
Sniper

Postby Snurd » Sun 20 Nov 2016 9:52 am

jfwright1955 wrote:
Aad Geordie wrote:
Geoff.

That's how Snurd stays so slim... chasing around trying to photo bomb every picture. :spit:

I wish you wouldn't give away my secrets.

I did have some problems with the stapler I used. I had a couple failures to staple, and one squib. Luckily it was a quick fix, and I was still able to staple up more targets than jfwright1955. :dancing:

Sent from iSnurd
Snurd
Posse

PreviousNext

Return to Training Center